What's new

Cyrax situational play

Ok I'm a bit noob, always trying to improve my game. I need from you experts to chime in here and let me know what the best course of action for each situation listed here:

1. Opponent in net OTG close no bars and with at least 1 bar
2. Opponent in net OTG far no bars and with at least 1 bar
3. Opponent in net on ground in close with no meter
4. Opponent in net in corner with no meter and with at least 1 bar or more

Also is there any use for the command grab anymore?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Ok I'm a bit noob, always trying to improve my game. I need from you experts to chime in here and let me know what the best course of action for each situation listed here:

1. Opponent in net OTG close no bars and with at least 1 bar
2. Opponent in net OTG far no bars and with at least 1 bar
3. Opponent in net on ground in close with no meter
4. Opponent in net in corner with no meter and with at least 1 bar or more

Also is there any use for the command grab anymore?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
1. NJP, B2/33/12/21, Insert Combo Here. Basically, bounce them like a basketball and go nuts.
2. Teleport (twice if you have time just for the extra meter), repeat #1.
3. Either begin with #1 recipe, JIP 121 Mid Grenade, or Far Grenade JIP 121/212 Mid-Grenade.
4. Idk exactly how the nerfing of his huge buzzsaw bomb corner combos will work, but you should still be able to hit JIP 121 EX Sticky Close Bomb 11 33 and have the bomb pop them back up to continue the assault.

Theme

Noob
Im a beginner Cyrax player and have problems with situational plays as well. Most of the time, when I dont have a bar to spare and have them in a net, I usually just teleport, NJP, b2, then uppercut, for around 26%. I dont know how to be effective without my EN bombs :( at the moment. Then again, I've only played Cyrax for around 2 days.

Can someone set me up with meterless Cyrax combo that does 40%+ at least? I've looked around and I have heard of a 53% meterless, but have yet to actually see one. I've also seen the videos and combo videos, but its not the situations I am looking for. I have yet to try Boxy Robot's #3, but I shall, but Id like to see more options. Thanks

Yes, there is definatly a use for the command Grab, after a JIP 21 you can Command grab, that gives you a free JIP wich you can repeat the 21 Command Grab.

Theme

Noob
Ive reread what OneBoxyRobot has put, but I dont quite understand... Can someone specify what the inputs are, like the exact inputs?

Works great on a blocked jip

BTW I see you online pretty often and I've just started picking up Cyrax as well. We can get in a few mirror matches and try to learn off each other if you're down.
Yes I recognize the name DFogz, good to see you here! As you can see by my record, it's been a tough uphill climb, but I've improved loads, thanks to the help of the combo videos and the Cyrax experts here.

I am so behind you guys, having only bought the game last month. Forgive my ignorance but what are mirror matches? I'll add you to my friends list so we can hook up some matches.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
When I have no bar and I OTG net someone, i do a Jump punch, B2, xx, 21, xx, 121-mid-range bomb and sometimes teleport behind them for confusion, which scares them into jumping, so I do the air-throw. works great.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
1. Off the ground no bar on net- IMO one of his best setups NJP, b2, 21,121~close/mid/far bomb depending on how you want to play it.
1. Off the ground one bar on net- Considering tom brady saying that the net resets will be gone, i'd do NJP, EX bomb, far bomb, 121~close bomb,b2,121~AA throw. If the net resets stay do my version on the thread i posted. Or if the net is pretty high you can do the air net reset, the one that consists of timing when the net is gonna break off and just a second before launch a bomb and do 2,2 into the bomb. Don't know if it works after the patch but if it does then it's a very good option that will net you almost 40% meterless.

2.Teleport and same as above?

3. On the ground no meter on net- You can do a million things here, you just gotta keep in mind that they either have to end in 121~bomb or saw~bomb. IMO this is one of the best setups he has NJP,b2,21,121~close/mid/far bomb depending on how you want to setup your opponent. Or go for the command grab mind games. Haven't tested them yet since the patch, dunno if they're still viable. Gotta keep an eye on tony's new tech, it'll probably make all of this obsolete.

4.On the ground no meter net in the corner- Imagine all the things you can't do midscreen because of launch distance and make them happen in the corner lol. Do whatever you need to do just end combos with either 334~bomb, saw~bomb, or 121~bomb. I really can't point out a combo specifically, there's a million effective variations.

4. On the ground net with meter- Ye old b3 combos, JiP, 21~EX bomb,1,b3(bomb hits),Jump kick,334 or 33 saw. Instead of the 33 you can do 121 but it's a bit unsafer.

NariTuba

disMember
1. Off the ground no bar on net- IMO one of his best setups NJP, b1, 21,121~close/mid/far bomb depending on how you want to play it.
1. Off the ground one bar on net- Considering tom brady saying that the net resets will be gone, i'd do NJP, EX bomb, far bomb, 121~close bomb,b1,121~AA throw. If the net resets stay do my version on the thread i posted. Or if the net is pretty high you can do the air net reset, the one that consists of timing when the net is gonna break off and just a second before launch a bomb and do 2,2 into the bomb. Don't know if it works after the patch but if it does then it's a very good option that will net you almost 40% meterless.

2.Teleport and same as above?

3. On the ground no meter on net- You can do a million things here, you just gotta keep in mind that they either have to end in 121~bomb or saw~bomb. IMO this is one of the best setups he has NJP,b1,21,121~close/mid/far bomb depending on how you want to setup your opponent. Or go for the command grab mind games. Haven't tested them yet since the patch, dunno if they're still viable. Gotta keep an eye on tony's new tech, it'll probably make all of this obsolete.

4.On the ground no meter net in the corner- Imagine all the things you can't do midscreen because of launch distance and make them happen in the corner lol. Do whatever you need to do just end combos with either 334~bomb, saw~bomb, or 121~bomb. I really can't point out a combo specifically, there's a million effective variations.

4. On the ground net with meter- Ye old b3 combos, JiP, 21~close bomb,1,b3(bomb hits),Jump kick,334 or 33 saw. Instead of the 33 you can do 121 but it's a bit unsafer.
everytime you said b1 you mean b2 right?

Stark

Bomb Dispenser
4. On the ground net with meter- Ye old b3 combos, JiP, 21~close bomb,1,b3(bomb hits),Jump kick,334 or 33 saw. Instead of the 33 you can do 121 but it's a bit unsafer.
this is techable, yes? close bomb, 1, b3 seems like there's a little bit of a hole for escape.

good stuff!

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
@ narituba lol yes b2

[MENTION=7576]Stark[/MENTION] another error on my part my bad... it's JP, 21~Ex bomb~close bomb, 1,b3 and so on...