What's new

Cyrax (me) vs Sektor (Mustard_MK)

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I meant to post this in the Cyrax thread a while ago but completely forgot. Here's some matches between Mustard_MK and me. (This isn't the same "Mustard" guy from the UK.) Anyway, hope this helps out some of you Cyrax players. This guy plays a mean Sektor.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I also wanted to point out two tactics that I use. You can see one at 8:10.

When the opponent stands far away, launch a far bomb. For most characters, it will often bait them into a forward jump (although they could do a neutral jump), so then I jump forward with a punch and it knocks them into the far bomb. I can then do a combo from there.

The alternative version can be seen at 13:50. It starts off the same way as above, but is effective if your opponent does not jump. Launch a far bomb, jump in with a punch to do D4 (the punch doesn't necessary need to hit), and D4 knocks them into the bomb behind them. You can combo from there too.

NariTuba

disMember
good stuff!

i like the Exnets

also like the unorthodox 1bar combos. We all need to explore these further i think, stop relying on landing a net in certain matchups

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Thanks. =) I'll often use an EX-net to end a round too. I don't think many people know this, but the EX-net does chip damage. You could finish a round with EX-net and drain your opponent's meter before the next round even begins.

CYracks

Command Grabber
Thanks. =) I'll often use an EX-net to end a round too. I don't think many people know this, but the EX-net does chip damage. You could finish a round with EX-net and drain your opponent's meter before the next round even begins.
EX-net does chip damage? I didn't know that.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I like your Cyrax a lot, your pokes into saw were pretty nice. I also liked your hard knockdowns in the corners into d4's. Is that a matchup thing or is is good on other characters? Like can Sektor ex uppercut through to get out? Learned a good bit from watching that video.

I noticed you didn't do the command grab but instead did a normal throw. Any reason for that?

Also I saw that you kept doing the uppercut bnb rather than the 75%, were you doing this because it's less hits and you wanted to get damage in before the breaker? Just curious, new to Cyrax. I usually just make people break so my next his is instant death. But you seemed to avoid making them use their breaker a lot. It makes sense at times near the end of a round where one hit or chip can kill so you leave them standing in your favor rather then letting them break, but there were times in the vid where it wasn't down to the last 5% of their health.

I saw you do the 75% once or twice though so you apparently know how to do it.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I like your Cyrax a lot, your pokes into saw were pretty nice. I also liked your hard knockdowns in the corners into d4's. Is that a matchup thing or is is good on other characters? Like can Sektor ex uppercut through to get out? Learned a good bit from watching that video.

I noticed you didn't do the command grab but instead did a normal throw. Any reason for that?

Also I saw that you kept doing the uppercut bnb rather than the 75%, were you doing this because it's less hits and you wanted to get damage in before the breaker? Just curious, new to Cyrax. I usually just make people break so my next his is instant death. But you seemed to avoid making them use their breaker a lot. It makes sense at times near the end of a round where one hit or chip can kill so you leave them standing in your favor rather then letting them break, but there were times in the vid where it wasn't down to the last 5% of their health.

I saw you do the 75% once or twice though so you apparently know how to do it.

Thanks! The D4-to-chestsaw is really useful because it forces them to block low and then instantly block standing (overhead), which is kind of hard to predict. (If they receive a hard knockdown in the corner, you can drop a close bomb and do D4 to D4-chestsaw. If they successfully block all three hits, they'll still be hit by the close bomb. If D4 to D4-chestsaw hits, you have a chestsaw-and/or-bomb reset. The chestsaw part isn't totally necessary because of the amount of "stun time" D4 gives, but why not go for more damage? This tactic makes it difficult for them escape a close bomb and block a D4 low hit and block chestsaw overhead hit all at once. This is only escapable by a wake-up attack. Sektor could do a wake-up flamethrower, but is then forced to move because of the bomb that's still under him. This varies on the opposing character.) You can D4 and dash to most of Cyrax's combos due to frame advantage, but I think a lot of people forget about Cyrax's chestsaw after the last patch. D4-to-command grab is also a good option. I'll switch up between all of these options to keep them guessing. Cyrax is a lot more than a 60% BnB and resets. I think he'd be a great character even without resets.

I kept doing the uppercut BnB because it's 60% and fewer hits than the 75% reset. I often don't go for the 75% reset if my opponent's bar is reaching breaker. Therefore I can still get an uppercut in, which is the most damaging single-hit move, and they will still probably breaker afterward. (Other times, I'll do JIP, 21 net, JIP, 21 EX-bomb, mid-bomb uppercut, hit just the bomb part of B2, to a chestsaw, which makes it unbreakable). Sometimes, if I'm well in the lead, I'll just let them use a breaker for my own amusement. I wouldn't do this in a tournament though.

I like my yellow robot friend.