What's new

Cyrax 'makeshift vortex'

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
thats whats making me want to test, when i was doing it against dink he was able to uppercut out of any high normal every time.

Yeah thats my point. If QC can't uppercut you during that string, probably no on in the cast can. Also you should test it against KL's spin and Reptile's dash to see if you get punished by it.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
no it isnt as 21 is high, 3 is much more realisitic as they cant just duck even if you mistime it, if you mess up the timing and they jump the 3-saw will still catch them.

i'll test it in the corner and midscreen against everyone, and see who can and cant duck
It says its high but it actually hits a ducking opponent! check it out! and the reason i say its best to use is because its easier to buffer nets and stuff off it.

Alos 3,3 is unsafe on block. the second hit can be ducked while they block.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
if everyone's already been doing it, then..

A. how come we havent seen anyone use it in tournament
B. why has it taken so long for someone to mention it here?
I can get the entire SoCal MK Community to prove this. That easy man.

My point wasn't that I had been doing it exactly, but that its good in the corner. I can tell you some other dirty shit that I have with Cyrax right now, but I want to win Final Round, so it will have to wait. :)

Also, the point of using 121 is to punish your opponents flaw and need to flee the scene. Nobody wants to be stuck in the corner, so either they jump and 121 catches them, or they block. If you even attempt to guess that 121 is coming and try and poke out, you aren't playing a good cyrax, i.e, ME!

I'm going to attend one of your tournaments, Mustard. I promise you, I just have to get enough money first.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
if everyone's already been doing it, then..

A. how come we havent seen anyone use it in tournament
B. why has it taken so long for someone to mention it here?

A: 90% of the Mk players never make it to one.
B: It is a rushdown tool. People rarely share this here.

There is always a hyped tech for each character, if I go online and play with a serious player
mostly I allready know what to expect. Really, TYM and those topics affects the overall style of Mk players.
So geting back to point B this may be the reason.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter

My point wasn't that I had been doing it exactly, but that its good in the corner. I can tell you some other dirty shit that I have with Cyrax right now, but I want to win Final Round, so it will have to wait. :)

Also, the point of using 121 is to punish your opponents flaw and need to flee the scene. Nobody wants to be stuck in the corner, so either they jump and 121 catches them, or they block. If you even attempt to guess that 121 is coming and try and poke out, you aren't playing a good cyrax, i.e, ME!

I'm going to attend one of your tournaments, Mustard. I promise you, I just have to get enough money first.
i wasnt accusing you of lying, i was genuinely asking why no one mentioned it here or had used it.

i dont expect you to fly here to attend a euro tournament, i dont expect that of anyone, we just all have to meet at Evo ;)

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
It says its high but it actually hits a ducking opponent! check it out! and the reason i say its best to use is because its easier to buffer nets and stuff off it.

Alos 3,3 is unsafe on block. the second hit can be ducked while they block.
3-buzzsaw is completely guaranteed, not 33-saw

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
i wasnt accusing you of lying, i was genuinely asking why no one mentioned it here or had used it.

i dont expect you to fly here to attend a euro tournament, i dont expect that of anyone, we just all have to meet at Evo ;)
I believe he used it a lot at SCR.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder

Oh but I want to. And Evo will be nice too.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now

lol i remember you abusing 1st and 2nd net stagger while you were in ny. its a solid part of my cyblax gameplay. I appreciate the euro community because instead of keeping to themselves they are the first ones to contribute from the smallest of techs to the most useful like these. I want to give a shoutout to mustard for this thread, foxy for his contributions to the cage and sonya forums, kethup for his sektor techs, and USEDFORGLUE for putting up such impressive techs with characters hes only used for a short amount of time. It doesnt matter who found what first but what matters is discussing it and they seem to bring these types of things to light all the time. Thank you guys

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Krayzie, if there is ONE European tourney you go to it should be WGC :)
Man, believe me. I wish I could.

I will however try my hardest to make it to one of them. I want to visit another part of the world outside of the U.S, and a tournament is the perfect excuse to do so for me... lol

lol i remember you abusing 1st and 2nd net stagger while you were in ny. its a solid part of my cyblax gameplay. I appreciate the euro community because instead of keeping to themselves they are the first ones to contribute from the smallest of techs to the most useful like these. I want to give a shoutout to mustard for this thread, foxy for his contributions to the cage and sonya forums, kethup for his sektor techs, and USEDFORGLUE for putting up such impressive techs with characters hes only used for a short amount of time. It doesnt matter who found what first but what matters is discussing it and they seem to bring these types of things to light all the time. Thank you guys
No doubt, my favorite part of hanging out with you guys in NY was sharing tech. I did this over the weekend with Riu.

I almost felt at home down there with you guys... lol I'll visit you guys again soon.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Sorry the videos are taking so long, ill be back home later today where i actually have a video camera.

Ive just started wiht Cyrax, but i see no reason for do not to use combos with the "reset", then I finish the combo with an air net and a command throw as soon as the opponent lands, it seens to be unavoidable, does around 70% and gets the opponent ready to be mixuped.

At first I tought the grab was escapable, but ive played against 2 friends yesterday and they whinned a lot about not being able to dodge it. Is it really unescapable under these circunstancies?

jip 21 net jip 21 ex.bomb f.bomb 2net njp b2 21 net grab (69%)

in the corner jip 21net jip 121 ex.bomb c.bomb 2net njp b2 2 121 net grab (80%)

Seapeople

This one's for you
Ive just started wiht Cyrax, but i see no reason for do not to use combos with the "reset", then I finish the combo with an air net and a command throw as soon as the opponent lands, it seens to be unavoidable, does around 70% and gets the opponent ready to be mixuped.

At first I tought the grab was escapable, but ive played against 2 friends yesterday and they whinned a lot about not being able to dodge it. Is it really unescapable under these circunstancies?

I believe they can poke or jump out since it wasn't an AA combo. I'm not sure though.

For the corner combo, you could just end the reset with NJP, b2, 2, 121~net, 33~net, grab

TONY-T

Mad scientist

Check and i were disscussing this tech a couple months back. Ive used these AAnet to command grab in a couple of my vids.

It appears that if you land the command grab at the exact moment of landing, they cant escape it! Not only can they not interupt it with anything, they cant even do a throw break! Thats right, throw break wont break the throw.

Check seems to think it has something to do with the character still being in "air frames". I think he's right.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Check and i were disscussing this tech a couple months back. Ive used these AAnet to command grab in a couple of my vids.

It appears that if you land the command grab at the exact moment of landing, they cant escape it! Not only can they not interupt it with anything, they cant even do a throw break! Thats right, throw break wont break the throw.

Check seems to think it has something to do with the character still being in "air frames". I think he's right.
That's awesome. And this is off his bnb reset? As if Cyrax needed more buffs :p

I've done this after the bnb to people who don't know how to escape and it always works. Now I know why lol. The timing isn't difficult either; it's just a few frames after 2 stance changes.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Sorry the videos are taking so long, ill be back home later today where i actually have a video camera.
Certainly interested in seeing it in action, I've liked the concept of Cyrax for a while now but just can't see myself relying on net, bomb, death combo rinse and repeating. Certainly have wanted to see an actual foundation for this character for quite a while now!

still need to get round to recording the video explanation, sorry guys ive been mega lazy ]:
It's cool, no worries! Got a stream archive of it? That could probably suffice as well!

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
still need to get round to recording the video explanation, sorry guys ive been mega lazy ]:

I believe they can poke or jump out since it wasn't an AA combo. I'm not sure though.

For the corner combo, you could just end the reset with NJP, b2, 2, 121~net, 33~net, grab
I will try that but it seens to me that the opponent will to behave differently after the 33net than after only the 121net. But Ill test it, thanks.

Yeah I really think that when the net hits that way, the grab cant be dodged. And if its true, theres a 100% with 2 bars using it (the opponent have to be at least in the middle of the scenario because the combo have to end in the corner):

jip 21~net, jip 21~x.bomb, b2, x.bomb, f.bomb, 121~c.bomb, net, njp, b2, 2, 121~net, grab.

out of the corner you go with:

jip 21~net, jip 21~x.bomb, b2, x.bomb, f.bomb, 121~c.bomb, net, njp, b2, 21~net, grab, 121~buzzsaw. The 121~buzzsaw will be blocked, the opponent will end up with 1% of life. Im not sure if the 121~buzzsaw is a true blockstring or even if its safe on block, however.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Whenever i fight mustard i'm able to always break the throw. As it doesn't combo and the reason you get hit by the grab is because the initial combo has ended i don't see how that could possibly work.

EDIT: I actually find it rather funny that everyone only seems to care that it can potentially be another exploit lmao, not the fact that you can mix up with overheads/blockstrings/pressure at all lol.

Now I need to learn the basics of the char; does he have a good AA? Like SZ 2? And can I combo anything cool from it?

Whenever i fight mustard i'm able to always break the throw. As it doesn't combo and the reason you get hit by the grab is because the initial combo has ended i don't see how that could possibly work.
I see. I didnt know the command grab could be escaped like the regular one untill today when I read the new posts here. Gotta have to wait a bit after the net ends, and then go with a frame trap.