What's new

Tech - Cyrax Cyrax Double Bomb Throw/HTB

Reaper

Noob
So this is a new setup that i've been working on after seeing ScarsUnseen testing it on stream. What it consists of is putting a mid ground bomb and a close air bomb so when the opponent is grabbed the first bomb goes off then they get it by the second bomb giving Cyrax a full combo meterlessly and for some pretty good damage as well.

These are the scenarios of escaping the throw setup:

As you can see, it will break armor and blowup the backdash, but all jump options are viable escape tools.

But a HTB can be setup from this as well in which the options of escape so far seem to be to block it(unless you have an invincible move or you are GORO!!!!!)

Scenarios of escape:

If you land the throw you get some nice damage and another setup:

32% Combo into a double bomb setup

The HTB surprisingly gets less damage and less of a setup(mainly due to cyrax getting knocked down during the combo):

NOTE: You can sometimes get the OH to hit first but its so rare from what i've seen that its not worth banking on

Now from looking at this the you'd want to go for the throw combo most of the time but if the opponent sees this they would just jump out, so the HTB serves as a conditioning tool to get the throw to land when you really need it(Plus its a HTB so :DOGE).

(EDIT: ALL CREDIT TO SCARSUNSEEN FOR FINDING THE THROW THING)

If discussion happens PLEASE be civilized. This is a tech thread not an "Argue about Cyrax's tools and viability thread."

@PND_Mustard
@PND_Ketchup
@scarsunseen
@FOREVER KING JR
@ Other Cyrax players that I can't remember(Sorry im bad)

Reaper

Noob
Another note is that is also space dependent in which if the opponent is too close the low bomb will not hit and only the overhead or the throw alone will land

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Thanks for the credit, dude. I dig that we give each other credit. :)

The main reason I've been trying the throw-bomb reset is for unbreakable reset combos.

I've also been experimenting with B1-DD2 instead of B1-chestsaw. Hoping I have more time to mess around tomorrow with this stuff. The timing has to be PERFECT.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
So whenever I see that the insane lab monsters that are the Cyrax community have found yet another great tool for their character I gotta give a nice clap for you guys. I couldn't even begin to play this guy, too many tools for me to focus on but keep up the good work! Gives me more swag to look at when I see Cyrax :D