What's new

Cyrax Corner Game

DuinoElegies

Dis Member
I find that when I can get the opponent into the corner. Cyrax just becomes a monster. Here are some corner combos I do. I was hoping the experts could expand on this post.

1. For those new to Cyrax, if you are backed into a corner, get that EX-Ragdoll out so you can switch spots with your opponent.
2. Corner is a mind game if you want to play around with dropping non-EX bombs in the corner. Know your opponents wake-ups. Sometimes you want to d-block to force the jump and then njp a combo.
3. Nothing wrong with some bu3 to keep your opponent in the corner.
4. Corner combos:
I am boring. I try to stick with basics so that I am consistent.
jip, 1,2,1, ex-bomb, close bomb, 2, 2, jump back, 3,3, net, 3,3,4 (44%)
You can immediately follow this combo up with a close bomb. The next move is up to you.
If you think the opponent is going to continue blocking (which is rare) then 2,2 to keep them there. After your close bomb goes off, njp, b+2, ex-bomb, 1,2, net. From net you can either 3,3,4 or njp to set up a new close bomb. This can continue but by this point you have done 80% dmg to the health bar.

If anyone has tips on a higher dmg combo with the naked close bomb in the corner, please let me know!

Seapeople

This one's for you
I actually like to avoid the corner bomb trap because it's risky. Instead I stick with the reset or the "makeshift vortex" by ending combos with a second net.

But if you want a good bomb trap, I like this one:
21~net, jip 212. The opponent is forced to block a follow-up 33. Once they respect 33, you can throw a close bomb after 212 and follow it with 22. The only way they can escape is with a wakeup, but they will probably be blocking in expectation of 33.

Another reason 212 is good is because it keeps the opponent grounded, which gives them less time to escape the corner if they breaker. Hope that all made sense and helps a little

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
do not want to add many new options, press on the wall after jumping from the vortex of the enemy with FJP
fjp => 3,3 ~ Ex rag doll => d +1 => 1,2,1 ~ b, b +3 => bd => fjk ~ 3,3 ~ rag doll - 43% advantage in that it is low and in this embodiment, a combo if the opponent misses 3,3 can be extended to d+1, and if the opponent is a block 2,1 also get a combo, and if a hit misses 2,1 then you wasted your meter, although this combo can hitdetect
fjp => 3,3 ~ rag doll => d +1 => 1,2,1 ~ b, b +3 => bd => fjk ~ 3,3 ~ rag doll - 42% were surprised that up to this after the usual ragdoll, it was impossible that any combination except that either d +1 ~ rag doll, in this embodiment can make combo even after you hit 3,3
Calculate how they stand it?

ive started testing cyrax yesterday, here it goes:

jip 12 net, jip 121 ex bomb, c.bomb, 2 net (34%), walk back a little and njp, b2, 121 net, jik 334 (38%).

you also can to wait the opponent to fall from the last net to do a reset. Im not sure about what will happen if you grab him at the first possible frame with him crouch blocking. The combo with the reset will to do 64% plus what you manage to do after the enemy touch the ground.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Sometimes if I have someone in a corner, I'll hit them with U4, then drop a close bomb, and step back a little bit to do a chestsaw. You are far enough to avoid most wake-up attacks and your opponent has to be hit by either the bomb or the chestsaw or both.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
I'm doing on the wall so that option combos:
2,1~net => fjp~2,1~Ex Bomb => b+2 => b,b+4 => 3,3~net RESET - back dash => njp => d+2 => d+1 => 1,2,1~net => b+2 => 3,3~Saw_Net 42%-40%
You see because of the "d+1" after the uppercut timing to recover a lot easier, that is acceptable for a fight.
although now I'm doing a combo on the wall "meterless"