What's new

CYRAX 74% & 76% COMBOS AT MIDSCREEN NO RESETS!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Haha, your floor sig is just as funny. But I was talking about your Sub-Zero picture, the meme one. The "I AM SUB-ZERO" one. xD

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, lolol. Durr.
Credit for that goes to my favorite huggable bear, THTB.
He found it aaaaaages ago, and when I turned to Subby as my main, I figured it made a perfect shot.

TONY-T, I think you're right. I think she's got a stone ceiling damage/combo-wise she won't be getting past.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I tried some NPC classic jade the other night. She is garbage. the biggest combo i got was about 45% on the wall. she has really bad negative frames after most of her strings and the fan has bad recovery too. I could only get 2 fans in a combo and it was just barely. I couldnt get any hit after the 2nd fan too, not even an uppercut, they drop way to quick.

Havent tried regular jade yet, but from the looks of her, she seems really balanced combo wise, i dont think she has any cheese you can abuse.
Have you messed around with Liu? I've tried doing combos myself, but I don't have the creativity for it. (I just end up doing random strings) but Check's video was amazing. Alot of that stuff got nerfed though. I'm not asking for a combo video, just wondering how fun Liu is I guess.

I can't do Cyrax combos to save my life. :(

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Have you messed around with Liu? I've tried doing combos myself, but I don't have the creativity for it. (I just end up doing random strings) but Check's video was amazing. Alot of that stuff got nerfed though. I'm not asking for a combo video, just wondering how fun Liu is I guess.

I can't do Cyrax combos to save my life. :(
ive done like one liu combo and it was a tag combo with noob. It was good damage too, about 90%.

His combos look pretty cool and he definetely looks like a fun character to use. I dont think he has any cheese though.

The sole reason why cyrax has so many combos is because of his bombs. If other characters had bombs like cyrax they would have tonnes more combos too. The only other character in the game wich could match cyrax in the combo department would be shang sung due to him having the sole steal. Infact shang has potentially the most combos in the game.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'm not certain if the 3 Ragdoll + Throw will connect after a deep jumpkick for these two combos. Given how many hits you've already performed, they might be falling too fast for the Ragdoll to catch them.

A key factor for this to work is how high up they are from the ground when you catch them with the net. From what I saw here, the height doesn't appear favorable.

I'll give it a go myself and report back with any findings, but I wouldn't get too hopeful.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I'm not certain if the 3 Ragdoll + Throw will connect after a deep jumpkick for these two combos. Given how many hits you've already performed, they might be falling too fast for the Ragdoll to catch them.

A key factor for this to work is how high up they are from the ground when you catch them with the net. From what I saw here, the height doesn't appear favorable.

I'll give it a go myself and report back with any findings, but I wouldn't get too hopeful.
Im not certain either for the same reasons you stated above, but it might be a possibility. You just need to get the net high enough..

Here's the thing...

First, in order to actually pull these off, you'd need to catch your opponent with a tremendous amount of meter advantage.. Which is sometimes a problem against anyone who understands when to use breakers against Cyrax. Not saying he should be able to do this and have resets... Just saying that actually pulling this off is pretty impractical at high levels of play.

After watching these, I have some ideas on how to increase the damage a little bit without any resets.. Not that he really needs more... mid 90s resets AND 76% non resets? lol...

The problem with removing his resets is that it's hard to come up with a practical fix that doesn't completely change Cyrax mechanics entirely.

I've been saying since the first reset was discovered that all you need to do is extend the time duration it takes for his damage scaling to reset so that it's slightly longer than it takes for a bomb to explode. His mechanics would be in tact. His gigantic impractical three meter combos would still be there (which again isn't a problem), but any reset leading to a damage scaling reset and subsequent bomb exploding wouldn't work because when the 2nd (or third) bomb explodes, the damage will not have reset yet.... both making the NJP smack the opponent into the floor, and extremely limiting the followup opions.

His one meter combos would be around 55ish %, which isn't absurd.

NariTuba

disMember
I've been saying since the first reset was discovered that all you need to do is extend the time duration it takes for his damage scaling to reset so that it's slightly longer than it takes for a bomb to explode. His mechanics would be in tact.
The problem is, I dont think there is such a thing as "HIS" damage scaling reset time. I think (Im making an educated guess, I could be wrong) that this is a global mechanic that kicks in and is universally defined. There are no tweakable values specific to Cyrax when it comes to resetting. If you change it universally who knows what other problems will arise for the rest of the cast because of it.

Saint

Noob
The problem is, I dont think there is such a thing as "HIS" damage scaling reset time. I think (Im making an educated guess, I could be wrong) that this is a global mechanic that kicks in and is universally defined. There are no tweakable values specific to Cyrax when it comes to resetting. If you change it universally who knows what other problems will arise for the rest of the cast because of it.
It's not universal, no way.

I believe you are correct. Which brings me to what (I suppose) my point really is here.

One of the biggest issues this game has with balance tweaking and resets is the global damage resetting timer.

It would seem that at this point there's not a whole lot that's going to be done in regards to patching and such.

It is a tremendous undertaking, but the next MK game needs damage scaling that is not only unique to each character (which this game already has), but also damage reset timers that are appropriate to each individual move.

Even if they are initially incorrect, tweaking of specific glitches, exploits, bugs, removal of resets, etc that are specific to a certain move can be patched without having any effect on any other aspect of the game.

Outside of addition or subtraction of frame advantage on hit / block stun, this game cannot do that.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Now this is cool. Can breaker after approx. 30% and Cyrax used 2 bars. Better this then the reset. This is what Cyrax's game should be like.