What's new

Cyborg Sektor or Human Sektor?

depends on the occasion. mainly i pick robot sektor because he looks fuckin bad ass. I know human sektors xray hits lower but i never implement his xray into my game anyways unless its desperation but i play to where i should never be in that position. I mainly us his meter for homing missles and extu so yeah..xray hitting lower doesnt matter too me that much :/ dont get me wrong, human sektor looks bad ass with the jetpack and how he shoots the missles but i love his robot design and even more excited for his retro costume :) ...not excited for the scrubs who are going to pick him because of his retro though :/

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
prefer Human Sektor by far. I dislike the Cyborgs in this game to the point where if Sektor didnt have a human alternate, I wouldnt play him.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'm glad that there's no significant changes between human and cyborg Sektor; I actually prefer human Sektor at the moment. Though my all time favorite is retro Sektor!

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Anyone know if MK3 Sektor is just the same as MK9 Robot? Or does it have some other disadvantages and advantages?

Been messing around with both costumes' movesets the last few days and there are definitely some differences.

Summary for people who don't like to read:
Cyborg has much faster up missle startup.
Cyborg has slightly faster straight missle startup and recovery.
Human has larger hitbox on the overhead in the 1,2,2 string.
Human's x-ray has lower projectile trajectory.

For people who like lots of details:

Up Missle - The difference in startup time is huge. Cyborg's is much faster. Wish I was able to do frame data because I'd love to see just how different it is. Recovery time seems to be the same between moves, though.

Straight Missle - The difference here is quite a bit smaller, but Cyborg seems to be slightly faster on both startup and recovery. Should also note that the Human fires his missle slightly lower, but not notably so. It's nothing like the difference between x-ray trajectories, and I honestly doubt it's enough to have an actual gameplay impact. Also, Human's missle appears slightly farther in front of him upon firing. I'm not sure if that's a pro or a con, especially if it comes with slower startup and recovery.

1,2,2 String - The final move in this string is an overhead that has a different animation depending on costume. Cyborg opens his chest plate and hits the opponent with a small, close-range explosion. Human holds his arm in front of his chest and does the same. For whatever reason, NRS gave the human animation either a larger hitbox or the hitbox is farther in front of Sektor because of his arm being there. In any case, this has two effects. One, human Sektor can be farther away from a croucher than the cyborg and still hit them (I think the added distance is about the size of Sektor's foot). And two, he can juggle with this string mid-combo at midscreen.

Honestly neither of these advantage are probably real impressive. The first two hits of the string have such small range that you'd never want to throw it out unless someone was crouch blocking right in front of you, so the increased range isn't really all that amazing. And the ability to use it in juggles isn't all that great either because midscreen there are better/equivalent options. Using the string in midscreen juggles will result in the overhead launching a juggled opponent across the screen. After the overhead you're pretty much limited to following up with either a straight missle, a teleport uppercut, or an x-ray. You can get a few hits in after a teleport, but the timing is damn tight, more so than after using F4,4 or F4,3 for example. 1,2,2 is cool in corner juggles (which can be done by both costumes) since it slows their fall, but midscreen it seems pretty meh since there are better/equivalent options with easier timing. Unless I'm missing something pretty cool, which is definitely possible. (Example midscreen combo - 1,2,B1 step forward 1,2,2~EXTU B2,1)

X-Ray - It's pretty common knowledge that the human has a lower projectile trajectory on his x-ray. This let's him squeeze in an extra hit or two on some longer x-ray combos the cyborg can't do for an extra 1 or 2%. Thing is, Sektor really only uses his x-ray to close out a match when he needs some unbreakable damage. Since the lower trajectory really only makes a difference in longer combos where gravity scaling really kicks in, this sort of defeats the purpose that most Sektor players use the x-ray for. Longer x-ray combo = more opportunities for your opponent to breaker before you activate the x-ray.

So yeah. Hopefully I'm not way off on any of that. Assuming it's right, I'd probably say the cyborg has a slight edge as faster missle startups are probably going to be more useful than the lower x-ray and bigger hitbox on 1,2,2's overhead.

Apologies if this is all already known.

Been messing around with both costumes' movesets the last few days and there are definitely some differences.

Summary for people who don't like to read:
Cyborg has much faster up missle startup.
Cyborg has slightly faster straight missle startup and recovery.
Human has larger hitbox on the overhead in the 1,2,2 string.
Human's x-ray has lower projectile trajectory.

For people who like lots of details:

Up Missle - The difference in startup time is huge. Cyborg's is much faster. Wish I was able to do frame data because I'd love to see just how different it is. Recovery time seems to be the same between moves, though.

Straight Missle - The difference here is quite a bit smaller, but Cyborg seems to be slightly faster on both startup and recovery. Should also note that the Human fires his missle slightly lower, but not notably so. It's nothing like the difference between x-ray trajectories, and I honestly doubt it's enough to have an actual gameplay impact. Also, Human's missle appears slightly farther in front of him upon firing. I'm not sure if that's a pro or a con, especially if it comes with slower startup and recovery.

1,2,2 String - The final move in this string is an overhead that has a different animation depending on costume. Cyborg opens his chest plate and hits the opponent with a small, close-range explosion. Human holds his arm in front of his chest and does the same. For whatever reason, NRS gave the human animation either a larger hitbox or the hitbox is farther in front of Sektor because of his arm being there. In any case, this has two effects. One, human Sektor can be farther away from a croucher than the cyborg and still hit them (I think the added distance is about the size of Sektor's foot). And two, he can juggle with this string mid-combo at midscreen.

Honestly neither of these advantage are probably real impressive. The first two hits of the string have such small range that you'd never want to throw it out unless someone was crouch blocking right in front of you, so the increased range isn't really all that amazing. And the ability to use it in juggles isn't all that great either because midscreen there are better/equivalent options. Using the string in midscreen juggles will result in the overhead launching a juggled opponent across the screen. After the overhead you're pretty much limited to following up with either a straight missle, a teleport uppercut, or an x-ray. You can get a few hits in after a teleport, but the timing is damn tight, more so than after using F4,4 or F4,3 for example. 1,2,2 is cool in corner juggles (which can be done by both costumes) since it slows their fall, but midscreen it seems pretty meh since there are better/equivalent options with easier timing. Unless I'm missing something pretty cool, which is definitely possible. (Example midscreen combo - 1,2,B1 step forward 1,2,2~EXTU B2,1)

X-Ray - It's pretty common knowledge that the human has a lower projectile trajectory on his x-ray. This let's him squeeze in an extra hit or two on some longer x-ray combos the cyborg can't do for an extra 1 or 2%. Thing is, Sektor really only uses his x-ray to close out a match when he needs some unbreakable damage. Since the lower trajectory really only makes a difference in longer combos where gravity scaling really kicks in, this sort of defeats the purpose that most Sektor players use the x-ray for. Longer x-ray combo = more opportunities for your opponent to breaker before you activate the x-ray.

So yeah. Hopefully I'm not way off on any of that. Assuming it's right, I'd probably say the cyborg has a slight edge as faster missle startups are probably going to be more useful than the lower x-ray and bigger hitbox on 1,2,2's overhead.

Apologies if this is all already known.
wow, awesome information! a great easy 30% combo now for human sektor only is 12b1 stepforward 122 front missle, it looks cool and no TU's involved! lol

Thank you SO MUCH for this. I thought something was off with my up missile pressure the last couple matches. Now I know it's the costume.

Up missile is really a big part of sektor's game. I think that makes robot sektor a lot better than human sektor, especially considering human sektor's advantages aren't a big deal.

One last difference is that I'm pretty sure robot sektor has a bigger hurtbox.

Edit: I went ahead and tested for myself - are you sure the startup is different? It seems pretty close to me, if not the same. That, coupled with human's lower hurtbox might make up missile a better anti-air for human rather than robot.

I'm pretty confident robot's up missle comes out faster. I'm not able to do frame data, so I can't give you 100% assurance on it. Basically what I'm having to do is record Sektor doing the move over and over again and then manually timing how long it takes the missle to come out after Sektor begins the animation. Not the approach I'd prefer, but in the absence of being able to go frame by frame it's the best I can do. Still, after getting consistent results from timing the move a bazillion times, I figure that's worth something.

What are you seeing that makes you think the hurtboxes are different? I've never noticed anything myself.

As an aside, I've seen people mention that they felt like the teleports were different between costumes, but after testing it myself I wasn't able to find any differences.

Edit: Just to be on the safe side, I will recheck the timing on stuff over the weekend as best I can. Will post if I find any errors.

I'm pretty confident robot's up missle comes out faster. I'm not able to do frame data, so I can't give you 100% assurance on it. Basically what I'm having to do is record Sektor doing the move over and over again and then manually timing how long it takes the missle to come out after Sektor begins the animation. Not the approach I'd prefer, but in the absence of being able to go frame by frame it's the best I can do. Still, after getting consistent results from timing the move a bazillion times, I figure that's worth something.
I'm willing to take your word on it then.

What are you seeing that makes you think the hurtboxes are different? I've never noticed anything myself.
1.) Their heights (robot is taller)
2.) I've had up-missile stuffed on jump ins more often with robot than with human. Could be coincidence or perception bias though.

As an aside, I've seen people mention that they felt like the teleports were different between costumes, but after testing it myself I wasn't able to find any differences.
I don't see any either.

Edit: Just to be on the safe side, I will recheck the timing on stuff over the weekend as best I can. Will post if I find any errors.
Looking forward to it. Thanks again for your research.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Good to know there's slight difference between Robot and Human Sektor especially concerning the upmissile startup. When you say Robot, does that mean both MK3 and Primary outfit or just the primary iron man outfit ?

After a few more rounds of this I'm now pretty damn confident that robot's up missle startup is faster. That said, I think the difference is a bit less than I previously thought, but still significant. If there's anything I feel iffy about, it's whether or not there's a real difference in straight missle's startup and recovery. The method I'm using is far from foolproof, so hopefully when the guys doing the MK9 Frame Data Project get to Sektor they'll cover both costumes so we can know for sure.

While doing this I did notice something interesting that I'd love for someone else to verify. If you enter the input for up missle quickly it's easy to get Cyborg to immediately go into the move's animation without going into the crouch animation first. Human, on the other hand, always seems to do the crouch animation
for a split second before going into the move's animation. If I'm not imagining things and this is accurate, then anyone who does frame data for Sektor would need to take that into account.
Good to know there's slight difference between Robot and Human Sektor especially concerning the upmissile startup. When you say Robot, does that mean both MK3 and Primary outfit or just the primary iron man outfit ?
As far as I can tell, Primary and MK3 robot have the same animations and move properties.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
robo sektor ftw. Gotta love that clang when you uppercut them. Also maybe its just me but on ps3 at least human sektor's hair has some crazy animation bugs. Flips out sometimes during his entrance and TU i think.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Wonder Chef never throws an up missile... EVER. I'm still curious as to what other benefits of human are their that he's not telling us...

wonderchef plays sektor alright...he shot those front missles in the first match a little too close.. He prolly wasn't zoning far enough to implement the upmissle game. That kung lao match though was a little better :) pretty good stuff though wonder_chef. I like seeing other sektors play