What's new

Breakthrough Cyborg Midscreen OTG and Corner Crossup

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Some may not know. ^_^.
I'll go ahead and tell you since it doesn't really need a long and drawn out explanation. She can't wake up. You can constantly grab trap her. If she does Lasso Spin, she's too negative to move away from the walk up grab. If she does Amazonian Uppercut, you simply walk back, then punish accordingly.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I'll go ahead and tell you since it doesn't really need a long and drawn out explanation. She can't wake up. You can constantly grab trap her. If she does Lasso Spin, she's too negative to move away from the walk up grab. If she does Amazonian Uppercut, you simply walk back, then punish accordingly.
I didn't think it would be that simple really. Whats the Data on her spin?

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Its still a guessing game to some extents though. If she does not WU then i get the grab. But if she does WU and i go for the Grab i get punished. Although there is more
favor on my side.
No, you just wait. Those wakeups are highly unsafe when blocked or whiffed.

SZSR

Noob
Its still a guessing game to some extents though. If she does not WU then i get the grab. But if she does WU and i go for the Grab i get punished. Although there is more
favor on my side.

Whats F2 Startup for Shazam?
16 frames.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Well next time you know about something before everyone else, post it.
To this sentiment: Nope. Not until I use my stuff in tournament. Joker will rise! (The day I stop sucking at the game...)

EDIT:

Look at the corner thing. It even says "If your opponent has never seen it, they will go WTF?!".
I have now seen it. I plan to not get hit by this.
The only way you will land this on me now is if you delay the grapple to not cross up.

I do not need to put out 4 pages of Joker tech to have everything blocked in tournament because I already explained it online.

Also, for certain punishes/escaping setups/etc... I know ways out of my stuff as well as ways to stuff those ways out. However if you are playing against me, it's on you to find a way out of my traps and not on me to show them to you.

Double edit:

I usually ask.
I asked qwark about jokers he said its not really worth it. So I just thought maybe the rest isn't practical. Im sorry :(
To be fair, a lot of Joker's tech isn't practical in his eyes :p

Last edited:

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
The OTG seems kind of hard to do, his missile has a super long startup and the opponent has to be right next to you in order to work. Couldn't you just do f2 or what ever his low is anyway?

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
To this sentiment: Nope. Not until I use my stuff in tournament. Joker will rise! (The day I stop sucking at the game...)

EDIT:

Look at the corner thing. It even says "If your opponent has never seen it, they will go WTF?!".
I have now seen it. I plan to not get hit by this.
The only way you will land this on me now is if you delay the grapple to not cross up.

I do not need to put out 4 pages of Joker tech to have everything blocked in tournament because I already explained it online.
It's a catch 22. Yes, you've seen it, but it's not the only corner shenanigan. Giving your opponent more to think about can be a good thing because they have to make a split decision between several options, and that's when conditioning comes in. You analyze their blocking habits and adjust accordingly. I've seen most of Qwark's Joker setups and I can guarantee that I'll be hit by all of them, because I'm still unfamiliar with fighting the character. 9/10 times in tournament when fighting 1 of 2 offline Cyborgs, people's reaction will be "Oh God, what do I do?" Just because you've seen a setup does not mean you'll block it every time, which brings us to Saucy Jack's call out of TYM: http://testyourmight.com/threads/saucy-jack-is-giving-away-money.42468/