What's new

Cyber Subs Grounded U4 Reset.

I never see anyone punishing with this move. U4xxMidBomb, Dash, 211+2 (Bomb explodes), Dash, U4xxSlide. Roughly 60ish, give or take. I'm aware the combo is not new (stfu tech wh#res), I'm just saying nobody takes the risk in punishing with this move that often. Considering the damage, I think -every- Cyber would level up if they all attempted to punish Blocked Specials with this combo. The damage, is Cyrax tier, for NO METER.

Anyway, considering its slow startup, I am not sure all the things you can punish with this string-reset. So comment if you know without a doubt that the following can be punished:

So: Confirmed All teleports that do the spin recovery? Check. Except Mileena.

Confirmed Kabals Dash on block?

Ermac's TeleLift?

ConfirmedCyber/Subzero slides?

Reptile's slide?

Kitana's Blocked Fan Lift?

Liu Kang's Long Distance Kick and Bicycle Kick?

Kung Lao's Spin and Ex-Spin on block and whiff?

Sonya or Jax anything?

Kano Ball? (Not the upball obviously).

Raiden Superman and whiffed and/or blocked Electricution Grab thing? And the armored variation as well that seems to have a long ass recovery?

Altaire, this is where you come in. And if all else fails, we bring in Glue.
I have no one to test this with, but if not, maybe sometime later like...tomorrow maybe, I'll ask J360 if he wants to help me out here...

Altaire

Noob
...How do you get "60ish" percent out of this? Like, what was stopping you from just adding up the damage?

It does 50% standing, 54% with a JIP and 55% if your opponent fails to block the followup 2 1 1+2 (occasionally happens just because no one knows the matchup, so some people think they have time to jump out/poke out). There's no way to punish your opponent with this while they're airborne; they MUST necessarily be caught standing. If your opponent is airborne, the U4 will knock them down and they can roll to get away.

Anyhow, there really aren't a lot of attacks you can punish with U4. It's 25 frames, and even most attacks that are full combo punishable on block aren't left open for that long. You can punish Kabal's nomad dash, but not Cage's shadow kick, for instance. For the most part, the only reliable way to punish with the bomb trap is off a JIP. If you can cross your opponent up mid-combo, for instance, you get a guaranteed bomb trap every time. There are other scenarios where this applies, such as jumping over projectiles or certain wakeup attacks, but there aren't a lot of attacks you punish on block with this. The bomb trap is viable, but the only time I recommend using it is any situation where you know a JIP can't be blocked.

Altaire, are you really going to go into the details?
I'm not asking on the damage. I've done it before, but I really couldn't be bothered to find specifics. Either way, it does alot more than your usual standing punish. And I'm quite aware of how this string works. That is also not the issue if you read the post.
Obviously a Shadow Kick isn't going to get punished. That's like saying you can punish Sektor's missile or Sonya's Divekick.
I'm asking, of the specials I posted, which are confirmed, punishable, off the top of people's heads.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Actually it should become a habit for CSZ-s but I rarely punish with that one, for one simple reason: online.
The startup is a bit slow, and even if after the cancel you want to go in, you may just a bit late enough for you being punished IMO. Maybe I just screw it up, but that is my experience, so mostly I have to stick with the tactics wich gives you less chance to fail during a real match.
But offline yes, this is the shit.

Flagg

Noob
Actually it should become a habit for CSZ-s but I rarely punish with that one, for one simple reason: online.
The startup is a bit slow, and even if after the cancel you want to go in, you may just a bit late enough for you being punished IMO. Maybe I just screw it up, but that is my experience, so mostly I have to stick with the tactics wich gives you less chance to fail during a real match.
But offline yes, this is the shit.
I had this problem, and for the longest time, if I froze someone in mid air, I would go for 34 into slide, which I still do if im the other side and I need to get damage quick. Now I can hit njp into u4 into slide or bomb most the time (the combo itself is actually pretty simple once you get it down pat) and so strong. If you throw a bomb, divekick and stun them into the bomb, njp>>U4>>Slide, you get like 43% damage. Very high, for something quite simple. However for some reason I find this easier to do if im on the right as opposed to being on the left.

You are right, playing in the lab and then playing online are two different beasts. Timing is always off, it's about a MILLION more times harder to punish online. Reptiles elbow is practically a free pressure move for him, and that's just one example. And I REALLY HATE block lag in this. The amount of times I bait a move out, I press block and I get hit still. That really bugs me.