What's new

Cyber Subs 11 Cancel versus his 21 Cancel.

You know how some attacks recover pretty fast? Like Ermac's TelePush and Johnny Cage's Shadowkick?

This is a question in general, to any of you:

What specials cannot be punished by Cyber Sub's 15 frame 21xxSpecial, but -can- be punished by Cyber Subs 9 frame 11xxSpecial?

For example, don't quote me on this, but it feels like you cannot punish Reptile's dash with a 21 freeze, but you can punish it with a 11 freeze. So, things like Reptile's Dash, Raiden's Teleport, etc...

If you know for sure, post it. I'll add a list to the top if this gets a solid response.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Good thread.

Pre patch i used to punish Reptiles dash with 11 because 21 wasnt fast enough when the dash was blocked. Post patch it should be the same if im not mistaken. Also a ducked kitana cutter can be punished with a well timed 11 into freeze. Ill test it out on other stuff as well. Have you tried Cyrax NET?

Good thread.

Pre patch i used to punish Reptiles dash with 11 because 21 wasnt fast enough when the dash was blocked. Post patch it should be the same if im not mistaken. Also a ducked kitana cutter can be punished with a well timed 11 into freeze. Ill test it out on other stuff as well. Have you tried Cyrax NET?
You don't have to lie, I know the thread is useless.
But anyway, yeah, I'm pretty sure you can punish pointblank projectiles with 11 but not 21 for the most part. Wanna test it out later real quick for a couple characters?

Somberness

Lights
For example, don't quote me on this, but it feels like you cannot punish Ermac's Telepush with a 21 freeze, but you can punish it with a 11 freeze. So, things like Reptile's Dash, Raiden's Teleport, etc...

If you know for sure, post it. I'll add a list to the top if this gets a solid response.
Push is -17 and lift is -26.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Another thing, 21,21 is all good, but 2 is 15frames, so if you are going to bag another 21, try hitting a 34, considering its 13 frames.

I only double over 21 again if I am fishing for a hit confirm on 21 into freeze and not hoping for a lunch.

Standing 1 should be the punisher for most things. Good AA as well.