What's new

Cyber Sub-Zero's Lockdown Pressure

I have not seen this being mentioned, so I thought I explained to you guys how it works. When you catch an opponent with a ground freeze, instead of following it up with 2 1 2+1 or a combo of your choice, doing U4 teleport puts your opponent in a stagger state. The only options your opponent has in this situation are to either block or take the hit after you teleport (please correct me if I am wrong). Now the strings that force your opponent into those situations are 2 1 2+1, 3 3 2, 3 4, Forward 2 2 1, please note that some other strings work such as Forward 2 4, but it is unsafe if block. Also another important thing about this set up is the fact that you can not do a cross up punch on decent players that know how to get out of pressure and you CAN NOT instantly grab your opponent after the U4 teleport kinda of weird but, lately cyber sub has had weird stuff. This is the main reason to why I don't consider this a 50/50 (again please correct me if I am wrong). Now to summarize everything, I know that this might not be better than your 43% no meter combo, but using it gives you a lot of options to keep pressure on your opponent and hey if they smash on the jump button or don't block you might get a shot at doing it again or landing a combo. Please write your thoughts on what you think about this set up thanks.

(Since I am new, I not sure if sure if you can advertise other threads but lets find out, I do recommend that does that stop by here go and check out the "CSZ Bomb Idiosyncrasies" thread post by UsedForGlue).

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I have not seen this being mentioned, so I thought I explained to you guys how it works. When you catch an opponent with a ground freeze, instead of following it up with 2 1 2+1 or a combo of your choice, doing U4 teleport puts your opponent in a stagger state. The only options your opponent has in this situation are to either block or take the hit after you teleport (please correct me if I am wrong). Now the strings that force your opponent into those situations are 2 1 2+1, 3 3 2, 3 4, Forward 2 2 1, please note that some other strings work such as Forward 2 4, but it is unsafe if block. Also another important thing about this set up is the fact that you can not do a cross up punch on decent players that know how to get out of pressure and you CAN NOT instantly grab your opponent after the U4 teleport kinda of weird but, lately cyber sub has had weird stuff. This is the main reason to why I don't consider this a 50/50 (again please correct me if I am wrong). Now to summarize everything, I know that this might not be better than your 43% no meter combo, but using it gives you a lot of options to keep pressure on your opponent and hey if they smash on the jump button or don't block you might get a shot at doing it again or landing a combo. Please write your thoughts on what you think about this set up thanks.

(Since I am new, I not sure if sure if you can advertise other threads but lets find out, I do recommend that does that stop by here go and check out the "CSZ Bomb Idiosyncrasies" thread post by UsedForGlue).
This can be done from a freeze with :u:bk mid bomb, the bomb won't come out, but the stagger will still happen.

Yes this also works but he feels limited here, because since we all know it is aggravating to dash and manage to get your strings starting with 3 due to negative edge, which in my opinion doing 3 3 slide or 3 4 makes the guessing game for the opponent more of a hustle. Not trying to say this is useless, but with the teleport you do not need to dash putting you in a more comfortable position.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
best thing to do is NEVER dash in w 3 4, even if it did work.

However if you feel the need to dash in then quickly press b3 and this fixes the bomb negative edge issue

xTac

Noob
Yes... i made a video about this a while ago:

The only options your opponent has in this situation are to either block or take the hit after you teleport (please correct me if I am wrong).
that is correct.

and you CAN NOT instantly grab your opponent after the U4 teleport kinda of weird
thats because the opponent is still in stagger state