What's new

Cyber Sub-Zero VS. Match-Up Thread

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
No, it doesn't work on projectiles or most lows.
Eh, so Rep could theoretically just throw a FB, NJP, 32 FB, 321 slide and punish that pretty badly then...hmm. Believe that's around 30%, can't test it atm. I'll let ya know once I can.

Seems too risky imo though. Knowing that I'd probably play mind games with his dashes to get that combo on CSZ.

JennyCage

t('.'t)
Eh, so Rep could theoretically just throw a FB, NJP, 32 FB, 321 slide and punish that pretty badly then...hmm. Believe that's around 30%, can't test it atm. I'll let ya know once I can.

Seems too risky imo though. Knowing that I'd probably play mind games with his dashes to get that combo on CSZ.
Absolutely. It's hugely punishable if anticipated. It would boil down to whoever reads the other better. I still think Cyber has an edge on Reptile because he can get around Reptile's projectile game and stop his momentum via parry/enhanced parry, but Reptile can elbow dash blocked divekicks. It's not as bad as eating a full combo but damage is damage.

Does anyone have any match up advice vs Kung Lao and Ermac?

I Normaly try and punish mistakes and whiffed spins etc but im so scared to push a button in those 2 match ups which kills my rushdown game.
Vs Kung Lao, you want to pretty much take divekicks out of the equation, unless punishing his hat throws. Play more devensive against him, but Parry and counter accordingly, in the end, it all boils to how well the opponent plays Kung Lao.

Basically, be an active strategist.

He can also bait the Parry and Kano gets a full combo. Risk/Reward is in his favor. What happens when he stops throwing knives? You can't divekick withough the risk of getting punished.

This is just food for though.

Does anyone have any ideas on kenshi? Really getting my ass kicked by him....
True this is a hard one...close up Kenshi has a starting mix-up. He also has his spirit dash which can keep you away, and then he can zone you with his tele-flurry. Far range Iceballs can be anticipated and reflected so that is bad. And his Overhead slash can work as an anti-air. I guess at fullscreen, you can drop a far bomb after blocking his tele-flurry. Or you can try teleporting and low poking before starting to do 3,4's. This definitely a hard match up for Cyber Sub if the kenshi player stays midscreen.

Nathan Frost

Cybernetic Pyro Maniac
Ok I'm curious as to how other Cyber Sub players deal with Mileena. She has become quite a problem for me and I don't personally know to many Mil players to practice offline with. So how do you guys deal with her?