What's new

Strategy Cyber Sub-Zero vrs Smoke.

Frigid_Alloy

Their blood will freeze in my hands!
Hey there peoples. I have been reaching out to offline MK players in my part of town to get some more offline experience at a higher level... and I have a few challengers coming by the house today. The most skilled player mains Smoke, and i'm wondering if anyone has some machup specific advice in this situation.

I don't know how good this guys is, I just know that he mains smoke and logs a-lot of playtime on and off-line. So, it's anybodies guess.

I know i'll be punishing any teleports with full combos, and doing some block-punish in general. Normally online this matchup doesn't bother me, but I have never played a high-level smoke offline.

Any advice would be appreciated, or perhaps point me in the direction of some good videos showcasing this matchup.

but a few tips... make sure if you slide it hits... blocked or whiffed you eat a full combo into reset...
DO NOT TELEPORT!!!
short divekick over smokebomb

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
-be patient against Smoke in general.
-smoke bomb can be punished with 1 1 freeze but its a strict window, if you're unsure go for 2 1 1+2 for advantage or throw.
-if you think he will do a smoke bomb, divekick him.
-if you had a lifelead, do not pursue smoke and turtle him out

Frigid_Alloy

Their blood will freeze in my hands!
Thanks guys, i'm hitting the lab right now. I'll give an update later... Post-Carnage Report.