Cyber Sub bomb problem

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
This is actually a pretty big problem.

Hope it gets patched very soon.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Aikou

Noob
Does the same problem occur if you have the throw mapped to one button? Or does this problem only occur if you are hitting FP +FK at the same time?

Yuna

Why am I so tall?
"Change the bomb to 4, dammit" seems like the best possible solution here. I doubt it'd even be that hard.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
Well, you could change the button to 4, remove/change all f,f/b,b inputs in the game, or design it so the move only comes out when the 2nd directional button is held. f,f, neutral should not bring the special out.

Aikou

Noob
Yuna said:
"Change the bomb to 4, dammit" seems like the best possible solution here. I doubt it'd even be that hard.
well if NRS' tweak system works like they said I doubt it will be much trouble for them to fix it, the only thing I would wonder is if they would have to release a patch to change the input on the command list or if that could be changed on the fly as well

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I'm just curious. Since you can block cancel out of a dash couldn't you do a quick block just before the throw or the 3 mix-up and avoid triggering the bomb?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Personally, aside from this anyone else think the bombs are utterly useless? Unless you throw EX ones, I swear they never hit lol even when your foe is near them exploding...

I don't know, but I do like Cyber Sub more then reg one

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
oh no

ice bombs are a mindfuck, i mean if someone is at full screen, you shoot a far far bomb they get put in a situation they either: jump or move forward.

i mean you have to be smart with the bomb usage, Ex Bombs are awesome though.

back to topic, yea it sucks that 3,3 is one of his best normals

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
I'm just curious. Since you can block cancel out of a dash couldn't you do a quick block just before the throw or the 3 mix-up and avoid triggering the bomb?
The few frames it takes to dash cancel and recover from block frames can make a huge difference in a split-second situation.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
You know, if you press backwards after your dash command it won't do bombs. So something like :r:r :l :fk wouldn't give you bombs. It's rather easy once you get used to it too.

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
good find man but it still such a hindrance

edit: it works but sometimes there is the accidental b+fk sweep....man this sucks

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Now I just noticed something with the "bomb problem" I think it makes a difference if you play on Pad or Stick. I can do both. On pad by default throwing is mapped to R1, I couldn't dash and do 1+3 because the problem happened, BUT I could dash and do R1 and it worked without issue. So at least for pad players that use default mappings it's a pretty good work around.

Dunxco

Teleport Uppercut!
"Change the bomb to 4, dammit". Is a pretty good solution. Except you'd also have to redo the Slide input otherwise far bomb overlaps with Slide.

bf+3 for slide, and bb+4, ff+4 and bbf+4 for close/med/far bombs sounds reasonable.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
You know, if you press backwards after your dash command it won't do bombs. So something like :r:r :l :fk wouldn't give you bombs. It's rather easy once you get used to it too.
This is the best way to dash and throw or apply 3-kick mix-ups. It's so easy, too. This doesn't need a fix at all. His command list is fine.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
It doesn't need to be changed

I take it that his 3 starter strings are not ment to used after a dash? But after a safe jump, hence the spitting of a bomb if you try it from a dash.

Is it a case that if you could dash into these combos that it would be too strong?

I take it that his 3 starter strings are not ment to used after a dash? But after a safe jump, hence the spitting of a bomb if you try it from a dash.

Is it a case that if you could dash into these combos that it would be too strong?
And if that is not the reason, then yes, it does need to be changed.
You still can dash into those combos without releasing a bomb. It just requires a bit more dexterity, pressing Back while in dash frames before the 3