What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Kano Cutthroat no longer the strongest variation (IMO)

In your opinion, which is Kano's strongest variation?

• Cutthroat

Votes: 41 39.4%
  • Commando

Votes: 31 29.8%
  • Cybernetic

Votes: 32 30.8%

• Total voters

xMEECH

Dyslexic
I do feel like commando is pretty strong now, most of my losses feel like they're due to my own errors rather than not being able to do anything (except vs ice clone imo)

What are these 40% corner and 37% AA combos you're using with commando?
B321 b321 112 dbf4 is 40%, it's 41% if you fit an NJP inbetween the B312s. I only do meterless AAs and for like 4 B1s into 22 dbf4 gets around 33%, idk about 37%.

xMEECH

Dyslexic
I voted Commando, hands down, not even a contest. Shame, I used to like Cyber, but losing my armored launcher admittedly messed up my defensive play style, so I'm just going to stick with the grappler to scare people into neutral ducking.
You can't neutral duck his command grabs, so you're scaring people into jumping and armoring

NHDR

Noob
With all the AA and defensive wake-up options available, I think I'm gonna give Commando a hard look tonight. Might just drop Cyber entirely and run CT/Com.

omooba

fear the moobs
I dont have an educated opinion, but I know that Commando seems amazing. I just came back (sets anyone? Im terrible) and what little Ive managed to play him so far (three matches total, whheeeee) Ive had a BLAST.

Also, if anyone can point me to POST PATCH Commando match footage, Id super appreciate it.
I got you on sets psn: D0PR1NC3

gibster13

A fan of fans
All of his variations are strong but very very very match up dependent. The variations only look strong in certain matchups, hence why cybernetic looks top 10 vs reptile but bottom 5 vs Sektor. He has variations which can cover near to every match up imo, making him one of the most balanced (perfect) characters cause he uses them all.

NHDR

Noob
Yeah, so I decided to co-main Comm. and CT. I'm loving having B1, safe choke, the range on 22(!!!), and all the defensive options. Going to temporarily drop CT while I focus on upgrading my Comm. Great stuff.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I don't think there is a strongest one, I think hes pretty even across his three variations.
He is, I think he's the only character that is even across all three variations too. It's one of the reasons I love playing this character, he doesn't have a bad variation. Each one has a use and fits a different play style.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
He is, I think he's the only character that is even across all three variations too. It's one of the reasons I love playing this character, he doesn't have a bad variation. Each one has a use and fits a different play style.
Yes Kano is almost balanced. All 3 variations are incredible. You can use him to whatever style of play you choose to use him. Currently and going forward he's in the best position for more universal patches going forward.

I still say cyber and cmd still need a boost of dmg to there knives and b1 could a boost in startup but hey he's ok. An OH string would be golden for cmd & cyber but there always seems to be so much hate for it.

Otherwise he's one of the best characters in the game hands down. He's got the tools and the universal changes brought the other two variations up a notch or two.

I would say all mains should learn each variation and not to write one off. Because he's truly close to being one of the best balanced characters in the game.

Kano is aight. He's built for this version of the game.