What's new

Current EVO 2019 Entrant Standings

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
In a tweet put out by Mr. Wiz a few minutes ago, we got a look at the early EVO registration numbers. And while it's too early to start touting off one scene as dead and another as the top, it's looking good for NRS this year.

So the rankings are as follows:

1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
2. Tekken 7
3. Street Fighter V
4. Mortal Kombat 11
5. Soul Calibur VI
6. UNIST
7. Samurai Showdown
8. Dragonball FighterZ
9. BlazBlue Cross-Tag Battle

Neato, right? It looks like the Melee scene finally moved on to a game from this decade, so Smash Ultimate is probably going to be crazy packed by August. Tekken seems to be riding the hype train it's been on since the last year and a half, and Mortal Kombat 11 is picking up steam from it's Day 1 numbers. Now we just need to overtake SFV, so we can throw that in the faces of everyone that says "nobody plays NRS games" and rub those numbers in people's faces for the next 80 years.

Last edited:

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Just to repeat myself from elsewhere, if Mortal Kombat 11 were on Sunday, they would either need to start Sunday at like, 5 AM or run past midnight. Cross-Tag makes sense for a 9AM Sunday slot. If this trend holds true, the closing game Saturday is a hell of a lot better than that

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Most likely Sunday lineup after they confirmed the spots:

1st: BB (morning, anti-hype time slot)
2nd: Tekken
3rd: Ultimate
4th: Street Fighter (main event)

This means that MK11 will most likely be the MAIN EVENT on Saturday. Judging by it's adult theme and the fact that the other games are 100% not going to get as many entrants, I think it's a sure thing!

Guessing time slots for Saturday:

1st: Samurai Shodown (SUPER anti-hype considering people will be in pools still)
2nd: Soul Calibur 6
3rd: Unist
4th: Dragonball Fighterz
5th MORTAL F**KING KOMBAT ELEVEN (MAIN EVENT!! HYPE CENTRAL!)

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Just to repeat myself from elsewhere, if Mortal Kombat 11 were on Sunday, they would either need to start Sunday at like, 5 AM or run past midnight. Cross-Tag makes sense for a 9AM Sunday slot. If this trend holds true, the closing game Saturday is a hell of a lot better than that
It makes sense that u put it that way. But i dunno....i still think MK11 could have made it on Sunday but i guess its coo this way too. And best believe i will get my pass hella early this time, like next week signing up for MK11 and SC6! RIghteous ;)

Slymind

Noob
We are doing good.

It's important to remember that western fighting games do not have the support of the japanese playersbase.

I admit that at first I was peeved that BB was on Sunday. Smash, Tekken and SF I understand, but BB isn't exactly a world beater.

But @HellblazerHawkman and @Circus make sense. It really probably is the best scenario for MK to main event Saturday night. Now, if one of those other games main events Saturday over MK, that would be rough.

P.S. personally more hyped for SamSho than any Sunday game.

P.P.S. still don't know wtf UNIST is.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The Melee scene hasn’t moved on.. They’re always going to rock their game EVO or no EVO.

Some guys will cross over but Melee definitely isn’t going anywhere.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I admit that at first I was peeved that BB was on Sunday. Smash, Tekken and SF I understand, but BB isn't exactly a world beater.

But @HellblazerHawkman and @Circus make sense. It really probably is the best scenario for MK to main event Saturday night. Now, if one of those other games main events Saturday over MK, that would be rough.

P.S. personally more hyped for SamSho than any Sunday game.

P.P.S. still don't know wtf UNIST is.
UNIST is arguably the hypest anime game, because it's also one of the only games being played right now where everyone is actually viable, not NRS viable, i.e. you need to sub a top tier to play who you want. To give you an idea, the undisputed worst character in the game made it through EVO's side tourney last year that had like 200+ people I think?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
We are doing good.

It's important to remember that western fighting games do not have the support of the japanese playersbase.
Thats why the netcode of 90% of em are trash.

The Melee scene hasn’t moved on.. They’re always going to rock their game EVO or no EVO.

Some guys will cross over but Melee definitely isn’t going anywhere.
True. They will always stick by their game with is dope all these years, but their response to not being at EVO was whack as fuck. They should of just made a graceful exit instead of a spiteful one making it seem like the FGC owe them something. And yes....alot of em do smell....i was there last year....LORD!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
interesting list, do they still have those side tournaments for games unofficially too?

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I hope multiple games out perform sfv. The only thing keeping that terrible game alive is how cool the old school players are.