What's new

Tech Cupcake Bomb tech you say?

Howdy.

Not sure if this has been discovered, but it appears ending certain combos with Cupcake Bomb is some sort of ghetto reset. I've only tested it against Batman, but it seems to stuff most of his Wakeups, except Parry, Slide and Supermove (Harley IS able to block these though), and forces him to stand. If they get up without blocking they just eat the extra 9%.

Thought it could be useful for some Harley mains.

The combo in question is 1,1>db+3,1>b3> j3, 1,1,2>bf2. 33% with the potential for an extra 9%/2.33% chip.

Here's a bad quality video to demonstrate...

I'm sure it works for similar combos that have similar properties. Starts to get iffy closer to the corner cause of Stage Transition, then later whiffed Cupcake Bomb, but aye.

I've also noticed that ending the combo with 112 doesn't allow your opponent to tech roll, so the cupcake bomb is a guaranteed hit. I don't know how teleport wakeups and the like are affected by this, but I'm sure I'll find out soon.

Also, if you enhance Cupcake bomb, and your opponent blocks it, it only does 2x 1.63 chip, as one of the bombs goes over their head. If they don't block it however, it does 13%, and it can be followed up by Line of Fire (df1) which adds up to a 16% combo. This can then be meter burned for a 19% percent combo. Line of fire can initiate a Clash though, so I'm guessin' all the meter burn will only be useful for the end of the match, is the opponent has already performed a Clash.

I've been testing the Wakeups of every character to see which moves get invulnerability from the Cupcake Bomb. Not that many Wakeups actually connect, and there's some she can block. Any Wakeup not listed gets invulnerability from the Cupcake bomb, but does not hit Harley.

- Wakeups that are beaten by Cupcake Bomb
- Wakeups that Harley gets hit by
- Wakeups that Harley can block
- Wakeups that require a back jump to avoid

Flash
Running Man Stance
Lightning Charge
Supermove

Nightwing
Ground Spark
Scatter Bomb
Ground Blast
Flying Grayson

Batman
Straight Grapple
Sky Grapple
Batarang
Up Baterang
Slide Kick
Supermove

Cyborg
Nova Blaster
Sonic Disruptor
Up Sonic Disruptor
Target Acquired
Supermove

Green Arrow
Sky Alert
Uphaven Blast
Stinger
Supermove

Superman
Heat Vision
Heat Zap
Supermove
Flying Punch

Raven
Shadow Raven
Negative Mass
Soul Crush

Aquaman
From the Deep
Trident Toss

Wonder Woman
Straight Tiara
Up Tiara
Bracelets of Submission
Amathea Bash
Shield Toss
Up Shield
Stance Change
Supermove

Hawkgirl
Mace Toss
Supermove
Mace Charge

Shazam
Bolt of Zeus
Atlas Torpedo

Green Lantern
Oa's Rocket
Rocket Power
Lantern Minigun
Turbine Smash

Joker
Bang
Laughing Gas
Rolling Laughing Gas
Chattering Teeth
Supermove

Harley Quinn
Pop Pop
Line of Fire
Heads Up
Cupcake Bomb
Supermove

Solomon Grundy
To the Grave
Grave Rot
Swamp Hands

*While in his Supermove status, the Cupcake Bomb hits, but only does 0.70%*

Lex Luthor
Gravity Mine
Lex Probe
Orbital Strike
Lance Blast
Up Lance Blast

*Lex's super move misses, but he still eats the 9% while doing the animation*

Catwoman
Cat Stance
Up Whip

*No idea about her Cat Scratches on wakeup, as I was unable to recreate this in training*

Deathstroke
Sword Flip
Quick Fire
Low Shots
Machine Gun
Supermove

Ares
Phase Shifter
Dark Energy
God Smack

Killer Frost
Frostbite
Frozen Daggers
Iceberg
Black Ice
Supermove

Doomsday
Air Snatch
Venom

Sinestro
Fear Blast
Impact Event
Final Shackles

Black Adam
Lightning Strike
Lightning Bomb
Black Magic
Supermove

Bane
Ring Slam
Supermove

As mentioned before, some wakeups grant immunity to Cupcake bomb, but don't hit Harley. I don't see this being a big issue though, as there's very little point in doing a Wakeup move that won't land, just to get the immunity frames.

Another little gem.... If the opponent has caught onto your Cupcake bomb shenanigans and has started stand blocking at the end of your combos, you can replace Cupcake bomb with Silly Slide and go into b2,2, which hits low, and start it all over again. Harley just keeps getting better and better IMO ;)

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
nice stuff buddy. I got some tech with Harley and her Cupcakes, but I'll record it tomorrow. Hopefully its as useful as this.

Following on from Cupcake bomb, I've started testing other moves that can be used for combo enders after 112.

The obviously one being Silly Slide then either a mixup of b2,2 or f2. That being said, I've noticed ending corner combos with 112>Silly Slide, reverses positions, allowing for a sneaky little f2 due to reversing your opponents block input. I'd suggest going for f2, as blocking the b2,2 will not be affected by the reversal.

Another fun fact. Ending a combo with 112, Pop Pop, has the potential for another setup. If you meter burn the Pop Pop, and it connects with your opponent, a Silly Slide to Tantrum Stance actually combos off of the Pop Pop. Crazeh.

While not strictly Cupcake Bomb related, upon further toying, I've found that the combo in question that allows for the Cupcake Bomb, 1,1>db+3,1>b3> j3, 1,1,2>, is the perfect distance to land a f3.

It seems you need to stand block immediately after the knockdown cause the 112 disables tech rolls and doesn't allow you to stay on the ground. Landing the f3 allows for a deep jf2, jf2, 12, Play Doctor, or another setup of jf3, 112, into whatever you want. I'm sure certain wakeups wreck the f3 though, but it's just another option for landing a 112 midscreen.

So upon reflection, we now have multiple options for ending combos with 112.

Cupcake Bomb
Silly Slide
MB Pop Pop
F3
Trait? lol

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
All this data here within has finally got my gears turning, please keep it coming...

SN64

Noob
Edit: Wow, I didn't realize this thread was as old as it was from looking at the last few posts, haha. It was probably this thread that I learned some of the stuff I posted about from!