What's new

Tech CSZ X-Ray gimmick trap thing

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos

TYM erased this thread from existing so here it is again. Also, if you haven't seen it then look at it :p

Rather than pick up a new main or improve my fundamentals in my bad matchups...I decided to come up with shenanigans and gimmicks.

Take the U4xx Med bomb+ice ball anti-wakeup setup I utilize and the opponent is conditioned to block or wakeup to minimize the damage or reverse the situation depending on the character.

However, replace the iceball with a well timed b24 (whiff cancelled) into X-ray against an opponent who is not doing any wakeup attacks and it will land, adding an extra unbreakerable sneaky 41%. This is guaranteed against non-waking up opponents.

While MOST characters can escape this, some can not....and the shock lies in who those characters are.

SEKTOR
KITANA
KABAL
SHANG TSUNG
KENSHI (not in the video but in theory works the same as Shang Tsung since he has only stationary wakeups)

Every other cast member has a wakeup attack that can escape this,

X-Rays and other armored moves like Shang's EX Soul Steal and Kitana's EX Square Wave do not beat this move since CSZ's X-Ray armor protects him from getting hit. So worst case scenario: you trade few damage armoring through the attack.

This works well against Noob and Ermac since they can only escape this with their teleports and their teleports are scarcely used as a wakeup.

VIDEO COVERS: (in order)
Sektor's wakeups + conditioning opponent to wakeup using U4xxBomb+Iceball
Kabal's wakeups + demonstrating that rolling doesn't change anything
Kitana's wakeups + demonstrating that blocking/jumping is useless
Shang Tsung's Wakeups + demonstrating the usefulness against stationary wakeups.

The timing is a bit different for each character for their wakeups but the b24 string should be done at the moment the bomb cancelled from u4 lands on the lower part of the opponent's torso.

For Kitana do it at the moment it reaches her chest.

Since it has awkward timing...only guaranteed against certain characters...and is only possible from the aerial U4xxMed Bomb combo ender...makes it my weirdest yet most useful gimmick.

"STAY FRESH...AND KEEP IT COOL!"

SONG USED: CYRAX THEME BY EZXD
VOICE CLIPS: MR. FREEZE FROM BATMAN ARKHAM CITY AND BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES
ALL COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL BELONGS TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.

GuamoKun

Can't Kabal just x-ray out of that 0r jump back?

The original post explains why X-Rays don't work and people have tried it only to get hit.

Jumping is not an option as you get hit by the large hitbox of the X-Ray as shown by the Kitana part of the video.

The original post explains why X-Rays don't work and people have tried it only to get hit.

Jumping is not an option as you get hit by the large hitbox of the X-Ray as shown by the Kitana part of the video.
Can you d3 or sweep out of it? The lower hitbox makes this pretty easy to avoid.

GuamoKun

no the bomb hits you out of anything you try to do and into the X-Ray so you have to wakeup to avoid it, and those characters mentioned have wakeups that can't avoid it.

GuamoKun

yo guamo this is some classy ass shit. cyber sub top 5?

I hate the fact that you're replying in the weirdest most nonconstructive tone ever.

i like to use the b2,4 whiffed into x-ray without the x-ray setup.... gets everybody at least once
Baiting a whiffed string and punishing with X-ray is pretty awesome but yeah you kinda want to find a weird balance between being gimmicky, having set-ups, and having cray footsies.

there's some things that werent shown in the video like raw wakeup for kitana. i sorta feel like ex ass with no tech roll escapes this because the invincibility frames cover the entirety of the vertical motion, but if you tech roll only the roll has invincibility frames.

GuamoKun

there's some things that werent shown in the video like raw wakeup for kitana. i sorta feel like ex ass with no tech roll escapes this because the invincibility frames cover the entirety of the vertical motion, but if you tech roll only the roll has invincibility frames.
Invincibility only lasts for 20 frames when using ex moves. 10 when normal.

I hit Sektor out of his wake up EX teleport. With Kitana, you eat the damage from ass but get the xray

Invincibility only lasts for 20 frames when using ex moves. 10 when normal.

I hit Sektor out of his wake up EX teleport. With Kitana, you eat the damage from ass but get the xray
ass shouldnt hit though because cyber should only make contact when kitana is moving up (which is during invincibility)
either way good luck getting kitana into that setup anyway, lol