What's new

CSZ X-Ray/Bomb Trap "The Glue Trap"

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
If the opponent dashes into crouch block, then give him what ever money you have in your wallet, because it will be an amazing read...

Same scenario with teleporting opponents, they can predict the Xray and chance that you will activate, or get it wrong and be fully punished for it. Either way, the burden is on the opponent and they are forced to react and cannot just disregard the bombs anymore and only gives us something more to fear from CSZ, full screen.

The same can be said for any X-Ray, take Cages ''what if the opponent doesn't hit me when I activate ?'' well, you guessed wrong, and the opponent called your bluff.
Infact, it won't protect him from everything...

Eventually this will become conditioning, the opponent will be forced to dash in crouch block. A jump forward into :en Dive kick will hit the opponent overhead, and if the dash into crouch block was at all late, then into the bomb, a standing block will also push the opponent back into them bomb regardless from the :en dive kick.

If the opponent walks backwards at all, then the late dash forward in crouch block will be futile, the bomb will still hit, as they won't be out of the blast radius. They will have to immediately do it and put themselves in risk of being :en dive kicked into the same scenario.
There, that's why I posted that. Now the tech is complete having considered all scenarios. ;)

Altaire

Noob
This is good but I just hate the fact that you have to sacrifice all of your meter, this just shows how much cyber needs to be patched, he has like....nothing...

I'd say he has worse technicality than skarlet at this point, hopefully NRS can do something about this.
Worse technically than Skarlet, who's still a solid fucking character that has a lot of great, untapped potential? Y'know, like Cyber Sub?

People like you are what's wrong with this community. I hope you know that.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
People really are not taking this for what it is.

CSZ with full meter from full screen is now something for the opponent to act on. That has never been the case up to now.

Lets take Kitana throwing fans from full screen all day.

If you land a bomb while she is not in vulnerable frames and kitana:

Jumps back into fan: :x
Squarewaves: :x
Dashes forward: Block kick back into bomb.

Her only option is to stop throwing those fucking fans and dash into a crouch block.

Altaire

Noob
Exactly this. It doesn't matter if you land the setup, all that matters is that you could. The fear of this setup alone will make your opponent hesitant to stay at fullscreen distance once you have full meter. You could never land this again in all your time playing, and it'd STILL be doing its job.

Some people just don't get it.

UsedForGlue

Some people just can't see potential. And if any set up requires thought or any guesswork then it is brushed away as useless. Nothing in this game is 100% nor should it ever be, I don't sell certainty and no one ever should.

We already had a 100% trap with Cyrax and look at the shit storm that caused, we don't want anything as certain as that again, nor should we.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
wow wrong copy and paste.

Anyway i have a 74% reset that has been working out for me with a situation like this just in a tighter quarter. I have a few variations of this that ive been working on for a couple of months now and i will be sharing them in a few hours when i get home. To be honest i have never thought of doing this from such a distance but it looks great. Any contribution is appreciated to CSZ thank glue and keep up the awesome findings!! ill be more involved now i promise lol

UsedForGlue

wow wrong copy and paste.

Anyway i have a 74% reset that has been working out for me with a situation like this just in a tighter quarter. I have a few variations of this that ive been working on for a couple of months now and i will be sharing them in a few hours when i get home. To be honest i have never thought of doing this from such a distance but it looks great. Any contribution is appreciated to CSZ thank glue and keep up the awesome findings!! ill be more involved now i promise lol
Thanks man, this is the only set up into x ray that I can find. Il post some of the other bomb ideas when I tweak them out.

Seen your CSZ on stream a few times dude, very nice. I have posted SVB casuals pools and top 8 footage, take a look and let me know what you think. My CSZ was in the early stages then.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Thanks man, this is the only set up into x ray that I can find. Il post some of the other bomb ideas when I tweak them out.

Seen your CSZ on stream a few times dude, very nice. I have posted SVB casuals pools and top 8 footage, take a look and let me know what you think. My CSZ was in the early stages then.
lol i was about to say the same. Last time i was on stream i really havent had the chance to practice until recently. Oh and btw i watched the 8 vs 8 matches and you played monsterously if thats not a word than it is now. That cyber sub is ferociously grocious haha

UsedForGlue

lol i was about to say the same. Last time i was on stream i really havent had the chance to practice until recently. Oh and btw i watched the 8 vs 8 matches and you played monsterously if thats not a word than it is now. That cyber sub is ferociously grocious haha
I can find space to get freeze-able bombs out now, worked really hard on it, and now I use them more than I ever did.

From F221 - Short bomb, hit confirmed on block, the opponent can't advance as the bomb will stop that, they can't jump forward as you can AA uppercut or parry, and if they poke a swift dive kick will put them in the bomb. Stuff like that.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I can find space to get freeze-able bombs out now, worked really hard on it, and now I use them more than I ever did.

From F221 - Short bomb, hit confirmed on block, the opponent can't advance as the bomb will stop that, they can't jump forward as you can AA uppercut or parry, and if they poke a swift dive kick will put them in the bomb. Stuff like that.
Ooooooh. Yes seeing "F221" makes me happy. Its my favorite string.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
nice find, ive been incorporating short bomb into my gameplay alot. Im a fan of 221 short bomb. It gives you a good amount of time to react to the opponents attacks, best when used towards the corner. Ive been incorporating back 22 off of a frozen opponent in the corner setting up for a ghetto quick reset. Gives a good advantage on hit.

Oh and i posted the reset i was talking about earlier here

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?12306-Cyber-Sub-x-Ray-Reset-77-(please-dont-mind-the-audio)&p=187468#post187468

Altaire

Noob

You know, I've been toying with F2 2 1 in an effort to find some use for it, because I could SWEAR there must be some way to make it work, but somehow I never took this into account. I thought "Meh, the bomb is punishable on block, but with the pushback taken into account, I guess you're absolutely right. I'm certain there will still be ways around this, i.e. Smoke's telepunch, but it should be applicable to most matchups.

Nice find. I have so much great Cyber Sub tech going into my guide, and honestly, I'm just glad to see there are still some stones I've left unturned. It's cool to see this kind of group effort to really bring out Cyber Sub's potential, because he's such an intricate character.

UsedForGlue

You know, I've been toying with F2 2 1 in an effort to find some use for it, because I could SWEAR there must be some way to make it work, but somehow I never took this into account. I thought "Meh, the bomb is punishable on block, but with the pushback taken into account, I guess you're absolutely right. I'm certain there will still be ways around this, i.e. Smoke's telepunch, but it should be applicable to most matchups.

Nice find. I have so much great Cyber Sub tech going into my guide, and honestly, I'm just glad to see there are still some stones I've left unturned. It's cool to see this kind of group effort to really bring out Cyber Sub's potential, because he's such an intricate character.
Yes F221 can be punished if you make the first move after the bomb is dropped. But on reaction it is difficult for the opponent to react to. When the bomb comes out, just stand and watch the opponent, let them make the first move. If they jump AA uppercut into slide - 20% or parry, or :en Parry into u2 u4 slide. If they try to poke, then dive on reaction, straight into bomb. It works. The push back on block is the key.

Altaire

Noob
I don't know if I'd risk parrying (especially with the EX parry) as an anti-air, because if your opponent scouts it, they can jump in for free. If the window is large enough for an uppercut, I'd definitely go with that for the sake of consistency, and it hurts a lot more than the standard parry anyhow.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Hey Glue, today a good CSZ player used the Glue trap against me and I managed to avoid it with a neutral jump.
I don't know if he messed up the right timing or there is a small window in which a neutral jump can escape the trap....but I survived lol

UsedForGlue

Hey Glue, today a good CSZ player used the Glue trap against me and I managed to avoid it with a neutral jump.
I don't know if he messed up the right timing or there is a small window in which a neutral jump can escape the trap....but I survived lol
He activated the :x too instantly, csz has to be at the top of his jump for it to auto correct and get maximum distance.

Very nice.

Would this kinda thing work after a 2,1,2+1, dash, u+4, mid bomb? I'm thinking they jump they eat the x-ray they block they get frozen.

*Wait, nvm. I just remembered that bombs don't freeze after coming out of a combo like that.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Btw I've been using this and it works great. And just to let you know I hit a reptile dash with a Max height X-ray. It hits him clean but csz is no where near when it happens.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

UsedForGlue

Nice find hahaha i am going to use this when the time comes. :D Cyber sub is getting better and better.
He is a good character, but he will still get trashed by Mileena, Kabal, Kitana, Jax, Sektor, Sub-Zero. This X-Ray idea is only a 36%, getting the other 64% against these characters is the hard part. His dash was his strength, now that is nerffed. Kabal match up 8-2, kitana 8-2, Mileena 7-3, Sub Zero 7-3,8-2...

I will still play him no matter how up hill the struggle is because that character suits me, and I have put too much time into him to drop him over matches that he can't really win. I made my choice and I am sticking by it.

Sid is a scrub

i heard you like mudkipz
Yeah i know what you mean. I like cyber subzero's play style, its just very enjoyable, but im just right now getting a basic understanding of all the charracters since im sorta new to the game. Even though he has faults i still think he is a great charracter and im gonna keep him as one of my mains. If i make it to Northwest majors i am probably gonna run CSZ :D