What's new

General/Other - Cryomancer Cryomancer's new command grab possibilities

Video showing all Cryomancers tick grabs. I added 2 combos in there just for fun with his command grab lol. Midscreen optimal combos. Also, I show an example of how to break any wake up armour with d4 ex command grab. I only showed one example but it will work on every character after you end combo with db2 (hard knock down hammer) if you think your opponent is going to armour wake up d4 ex command grab will stuff all wake ups. I used reptiles 6f2 hits of armour as an example. Shows how he can set-play in the corner as well.

This character has awesome meterless damage aswell.

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I was trying to lab this kombo:

B2, B2, B12xxPPxxEX Hammer, B12xxPPxxEX iceball, JIP, B12xxPPxxEX Hammer, 123xxSlide

This could be more than 47%, but for some reason the 3rd PP doesn't connect after the B12. Pre-patch he used to connect all PPs. Gotta lab it tomorrow.

The farthest I could do would be with 2 meters:

B2, B2, B12xxPPxxEX Hammer, B12xxPPxxEX iceball, JIP, 123xxSlide. 44%.

Judging by yours video, I'll have to try EX PP for the 3rd.

B2, B2, B12xxPPxxEX Hammer, B12xxPPxxEX iceball, JIP, B12xxPPxxEX Hammer, 123xxSlide

This could be more than 47%, but for some reason the 3rd PP doesn't connect after the B12. Pre-patch he used to connect all PPs. Gotta lab it tomorrow.

Yeah alot of those combos I showed there you could cancel to regular hammer great damage for no meter. I just added the 3 ex command grabs for fun, it looks cool lol. He doesn't really need meter to combo, usually I use meter in the corner for the vortex off f12. Exiceball after commandgrab b12 restands and you get free 50/50

Tanno

Yeah alot of those combos I showed there you could cancel to regular hammer great damage for no meter. I just added the 3 ex command grabs for fun, it looks cool lol. He doesn't really need meter to combo, usually I use meter in the corner for the vortex off f12. Exiceball after commandgrab b12 restands and you get free 50/50
lol

I could lab them, if my controller had been charged. I'll try it tomorrow to check it out. I could think of many possibilities to rise the DMG percentage. Meanwhile, some dudes found some 60%+ kombos with Predator and Reptile.

I only know that GM can reach 58% with X-Ray ender, and it needs a longer meterless korner kombo.

Lokheit

Noob

If you want to use 3 bars the peak is 50% with the X-Ray (I recommend using the X-Ray as the execution is easier and X-Ray damage is unbreakable and also doesn't gift meter to the opponent):

B2, B2, F122, 111xxPPxxX-Ray is 50%

You can get 49% from B2, B2, (2 or 3 times D1), 111xxPPxxX-Ray

Non X-Ray 3 bar combos won't get more damage than the X-Ray one because of the heavy damage scaling of the grab and other moves. That combined with what I said above with the X-Ray being unbreakable damage and not building enemy meter, makes any other 3 bar combo obsolete.

Tanno

If you want to use 3 bars the peak is 50% with the X-Ray (I recommend using the X-Ray as the execution is easier and X-Ray damage is unbreakable and also doesn't gift meter to the opponent):

B2, B2, F122, 111xxPPxxX-Ray is 50%

You can get 49% from B2, B2, (2 or 3 times D1), 111xxPPxxX-Ray

Non X-Ray 3 bar combos won't get more damage than the X-Ray one because of the heavy damage scaling of the grab and other moves.
Interesting. Will do more labbing on these stuff, because I want to see if I can adjust them a bit to see if I can reach the higher DMG percentage. Been doing a lot of labbing on my boy for months, so it's just a small task of labbing for me to figure things out. Who knows? We might find the highest DMG for Cryo. Pre-patch, it used to be:

JIP, B2, B2, F42TxxEX Hammer, F42TxxEX Iceball, JIP, F42TxxEX Hammer, 123xxSlide. 51%.

And this was a very easy kombo to deal with.

Man, this B12xxPPxxHammer is a fucking difficult combo string, and I have been trying to get used to this new CG. First I had to learn for my life Raiden's LRC and got used to it, and now this.

Lokheit

Noob
Interesting. Will do more labbing on these stuff, because I want to see if I can adjust them a bit to see if I can reach the higher DMG percentage. Been doing a lot of labbing on my boy for months, so it's just a small task of labbing for me to figure things out. Who knows? We might find the highest DMG for Cryo. Pre-patch, it used to be:

JIP, B2, B2, F42TxxEX Hammer, F42TxxEX Iceball, JIP, F42TxxEX Hammer, 123xxSlide. 51%.

Man, this B12xxPPxxHammer is a fucking difficult combo string, and I have been trying to get used to this new CG. First I had to learn for my life Raiden's LRC and got used to it, and now this.
You can also get more damage from your 2 bar combo using 111xxPP instead of B12xxPP and ending with 111xxHammer instead of 123xxSlide but it seems to peak at 45%

Tanno

You can also get more damage from your 2 bar combo using 111xxPP instead of B12xxPP and ending with 111xxHammer instead of 123xxSlide but it seems to peak at 45%
Very interesting. Noted them down. I saw that some of you dudes talking about replacing the 123xxSlide into 111xxHammer. The Hammer is stronger than the Slide. I want to lock myself in the lab to try all possible links to find a new kombo.

Wigy

There it is...

How are you struggling with it. Literally just input it just as he grabs and it hits every time, you have enough time to drop the remote pick up and still hit the input

Tanno

How are you struggling with it. Literally just input it just as he grabs and it hits every time, you have enough time to drop the remote pick up and still hit the input
I'm struggling with this, because I have never used this kind of input before. I know that Cassie, Jax, and such do have it. I played a bit Jax, so I know it. He was easy.

Compared to him, you want to do the B12, and while the B12 animation works you have a short time to do DBF3, and when the animation of DBF3 starts I have to do the EX Hammer. For me it's a matter of time and good training to link them altogether.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I'm struggling with this, because I have never used this kind of input before. I know that Cassie, Jax, and such do have it. I played a bit Jax, so I know it. He was easy.

Compared to him, you want to do the B12, and while the B12 animation works you have a short time to do DBF3, and when the animation of DBF3 starts I have to do the EX Hammer. For me it's a matter of time and good training to link them altogether.
Cancelling short strings into DBF3 is hard but cancelling the command grab into other moves is easy. Mash the hammer input 6 times in a row during the command grab animation and it'll work

Wigy

There it is...

Once it clicks in your brain you'll neve struggle with it again.