What's new

General/Other - Smoke Crusty's Food for Thought: Smoke and TriBorg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Hey guys,

Crusty here and we all knew this question was going to pop on on this forum if it hasn't already. Maybe not and I'm just stupid, but that's besides the point I'm about to address here. My personal interpretation of Tri-borg and Smoke's connection

With the somewhat disappointing reveal for Kombat Pack 2, it intrigues me to no end what Tri-borg is or the emphasis behind the character.

Let's start with Smoke, we all know smoke died in MK9 and his ending in MK9 stated that he was brought back as an Enenra but his memories of that point became suppressed (supposedly due to trauma of the incident as I see it). MKX makes this ending somewhat canon but not really as Smoke calls himself Enenra. This is where my first hint of suspicion rose: I thought either Smoke refers to himself that way now OR (and this is a big OR) when Smoke died his spirit was exorcised from his body and now the his Enenra controls it under the obedience of Quan Chi and Shinnok. I later thought that I was being stupid and overthinking this, but it made me wonder as the way he said made it odd.

With the reveal of Tri-borg I became very skeptical where it stated that Sektor, Cyrax and Smoke share the same body, which wouldn't be possible because we all know Smoke was not turned into a cyborg in this timeline because Raiden saved him from it (causing a time distortion which caused Sub-Zero to become one instead).

This transformed my initial suspicion into belief that Smoke was kicked out of his body (for whatever reason) and as an effort to get it back, his human soul took refuge in the grey robot and takes the power of Cyrax and Sektor to help himself get his own body back.

My question is though why? From what I understood, Smoke was completely obedient as a revenant in MK9 so why did you think Quan Chi did such a thing (unless of course he didn't do it). What are your personal interpretations of this.

Crusty out

Crusty

the way i see tri-borg (because it was stated he's his own character)

is that he pretty much just downloaded the cyber smoke, cyrax and sektor torrents and streams them through his body ;)
Yeah he's his own character but think canonically how can cyber smoke have torrents if smoke was never cyberized kappa. I understand if he's just a character NRS made up but still it remains unknowns what motivates him. My best conclusions are Sektor or Smoke but the former seems less likely

I think the answer to this question is through a character not even mentioned in MKX. Noob Saibot. If Enenra is controlling Smokes body, what would stop Noob saibot from finding Smoke in the netherrealm. Except the difference from the original timeline here is that Noob also uploads Cyrax and Sektor to Tri-Borg instead of just smoke.

Edit: Nothings been mentioned about Noob Saibot, since the Soul Nado in MK9, Why couldn't smokes soul have been accidentally tossed into the Soul Nado after Enenra took over the revenant body?

Crusty

I think the answer to this question is through a character not even mentioned in MKX. Noob Saibot. If Enenra is controlling Smokes body, what would stop Noob saibot from finding Smoke in the netherrealm. Except the difference from the original timeline here is that Noob also uploads Cyrax and Sektor to Tri-Borg instead of just smoke.

Edit: Nothings been mentioned about Noob Saibot, since the Soul Nado in MK9, Why couldn't smokes soul have been accidentally tossed into the Soul Nado after Enenra took over the revenant body?
To answer the first part probably because Noob is in the chaos realm as that is my only logical conclusion of where he can be because if Noob was in the netherrealm as you said, why hasn't he overthrown liu and kitana.

The revenants were formed after the soul nado dissipated. So it is impossible for the situation to be true. I've said in the op that smokes soul might have been kicked out of his body not necessarily by quan chi but his enenra though I admit it's more likely quan chi did it because he thought controlling an enenra was easier lol

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Yeah it doesnt make much sence. But baraka was killed by a Xenomorph launching out of his chest now so i dont know how this and the triborg will fit into the canon storyline.

Crusty

Yeah it doesnt make much sence. But baraka was killed by a Xenomorph launching out of his chest now so i dont know how this and the triborg will fit into the canon storyline.
Tri most likely will make sense, a guest character is never canon in an mk game as far as I know

To answer the first part probably because Noob is in the chaos realm as that is my only logical conclusion of where he can be because if Noob was in the netherrealm as you said, why hasn't he overthrown liu and kitana.

The revenants were formed after the soul nado dissipated. So it is impossible for the situation to be true
Noob Saibot has a tendency to follow, but even if he wasn't willing to follow Liu and Kitana it's more likely he'd be planning to take back the lin kuei clan.
i
As for the second part is there any confirmation that the Revenants were made after the Soul Nado? In my theory/suggestion it's basis is that Noob survived the soul nado incident and is now working behind the scenes preparing to push his own agenda whatever it may be.

Edit: There was also some dialogue to suggest Sareena was freed from Quan Chi in MKX I think. It'd help prove Noob at least survived the Soul Nado.

Crusty

Noob Saibot has a tendency to follow, but even if he wasn't willing to follow Liu and Kitana it's more likely he'd be planning to take back the lin kuei clan.
i
As for the second part is there any confirmation that the Revenants were made after the Soul Nado? In my theory/suggestion it's basis is that Noob survived the soul nado incident and is now working behind the scenes preparing to push his own agenda whatever it may be.

Edit: There was also some dialogue to suggest Sareena was freed from Quan Chi in MKX I think. It'd help prove Noob at least survived the Soul Nado.
You're right about Noob's willingness to follow. I'll give you that, but as far as I know wraiths like noob and scorpion are better than revenants in terms of the class system. Also Kung Lao confirms in an introduction dialogue with subzero (pick the revenants Lao skin) that he's on the other side, which to my interpretation is the chaosrealm or the netherrealm though the latter is less likely

I believe Noob is alive and is planning in chaos realm IMO. Partially because I know he's too popular to be killed off then. I honestly hope he returns though, I love him as a character and someone I mess around with in mk9.

Yes, the revenants were made after the soulnado was destroyed. Night wolf destroyed the thing before he and most of earthrealm's kombat ants had their lives ended after their clash with Sindel. Source: Mk9

Whoa,whoa, whoa what? No, that dialogue is a reference to mortal kombat mythologies subzero when he was subzero and he spared Sareena after killing Kia and jataaka. Though it does mention noob, it doesn't confirm his status.

You're right about Noob's willingness to follow. I'll give you that, but as far as I know wraiths like noob and scorpion are better than revenants in terms of the class system. Also Kung Lao confirms in an introduction dialogue with subzero (pick the revenants Lao skin) that he's on the other side, which to my interpretation is the chaosrealm or the netherrealm though the latter is less likely

I believe Noob is alive and is planning in chaos realm IMO. Partially because I know he's too popular to be killed off then. I honestly hope he returns though, I love him as a character and someone I mess around with in mk9.

Yes, the revenants were made after the soulnado was destroyed. Night wolf destroyed the thing before he and most of earthrealm's kombat ants had their lives ended after their clash with Sindel. Source: Mk9

Whoa,whoa, whoa what? No, that dialogue is a reference to mortal kombat mythologies subzero when he was subzero and he spared Sareena after killing Kia and jataaka. Though it does mention noob, it doesn't confirm his status.
I agree with you on all ,but one thing. Kung Lao was likely a revenant first before everyone else died in MK9 he was killed by Shao Khan in the tournament. It's not relevant to my argument, but I thought I should point it out. I have nothing else to hit you with.

As for Noob, I also assumed new timeline= maybe it happened somewhere between the events of MK9 and MKX. I didn't know it was a reference to Mythologies I never played it, so that thought never crossed my mind.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
if anyone has any Footage of Smoke's XL data, moves or tech. can you PM me.

i would love nothing more than seeing what can be done before it goes live :)

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
I like to imagine after quan chi was killed by scorp, smoke had to remain a revenant. After this he no longer had anyone to control him.

Either he chose to bring back the cyber initiative for a personal vendetta, or felt it was an obligation he owed to the former lin kuei leader.

Since he is still a revenant he does not choose to join subzero at the temple instead chooses to go his own way with his robo bros

MadeOfMetal

what i found so far is: gathered from all youtube videos, some they just flash through the moves list and i slowed it down and looked at each one.

D3 is wrongly listed in the data.. it cant be correct says startup=1 and all others 0

Smokes frame data

Trident ( BF1)
Startup= 20
block adv= -19
hit adv= 68

Tri-Cution (EX BF1)
Startup= 15
Block adv= -4
Hit advantage= 74

Smoke cloud (DB1)
Startup= 31
Block adv= -4
Hit adv= 66

Smoke Bomb (EX DB1)
Startup= 24
Block adv= 10
Hit adv= 80

Fade port (DB4)
Startup= 25
Block adv= ?
Hit adv= ?

Phase Away (EX DB3)
Startup= 1
Recover= 29
Block adv= -29

Phase forward (EX DB3)
Startup= 1
Recover= 27
Block advantage= -27

Dissipate (DD3)
Startup= 1
Recover= 61
Block adv= -61

Evaporate (EX DD3)
Startup= 1
Block adv= -41
Recover= 41

D1 (piston punch)
Startup= 7
Block adv= -11
Recovery=20
Hit adv= 9

D3= ?

D4 (fast rotation)
startup= 13
recovery= 18
Block adv= -2
hit adv= 13

Dust to dust String only in Smoke var (F214)
Startup= 21
recovery= 30
Block adv= 2
Hit adv= 37

Universal string (Collision Sensors F43)
Startup= 22
recover= 23
Block adv= 2
Hit advantage= 49

B1 (OH)
startup= 18
Block adv= -1
Hit adv= 12

Last edited:

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
He is either non-canon

Or

Here is my crazy theory.

When cyborgs tried and failed to convert smoke into a cyborg they copied smoke's powers and abilities in process.

Tri-Borg is his own character who has access to the abilities of all cyborgs(sektor,cyrax and subzero) and those who were almost cyberized(smoke).

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
what i found so far is: gathered from all youtube videos, some they just flash through the moves list and i slowed it down and looked at each one.

D3 is wrongly listed in the data.. it cant be correct says startup=1 and all others 0

Smokes frame data

Trident ( BF1)
Startup= 20
block adv= -19
hit adv= 68

Tri-Cution (EX BF1)
Startup= 15
Block adv= -4
Hit advantage= 74

Smoke cloud (DB1)
Startup= 31
Block adv= -4
Hit adv= 66

Smoke Bomb (EX DB1)
Startup= 24
Block adv= 10
Hit adv= 80

Fade port (DB4)
Startup= 25
Block adv= ?
Hit adv= ?

Phase Away (EX DB3)
Startup= 1
Recover= 29
Block adv= -29

Phase forward (EX DB3)
Startup= 1
Recover= 27
Block advantage= -27

Dissipate (DD3)
Startup= 1
Recover= 61
Block adv= -61

Evaporate (EX DD3)
Startup= 1
Block adv= -41
Recover= 41

D1 (piston punch)
Startup= 7
Block adv= -11
Recovery=20
Hit adv= 9

D3= ?

D4 (fast rotation)
startup= 13
recovery= 18
Block adv= -2
hit adv= 13

Dust to dust String only in Smoke var (F214)
Startup= 21
recovery= 30
Block adv= 2
Hit adv= 37

Universal string (Collision Sensors F43)
Startup= 22
recover= 23
Block adv= 2
Hit advantage= 49
Smoke bomb is safe. That's great :3

Safe 50/50's if they don't armour out of the 30 frame startup lol.

MadeOfMetal

Smoke bomb is safe. That's great :3

Safe 50/50's if they don't armour out of the 30 frame startup lol.
B1 (OH)
startup= 18
Block adv= -1
Hit adv= 12

i kinda wanted his phase to have advantage with metered version but meh.. he will be ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.