What's new

Crossover/corner uppercut shenanigans: Need some testers!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
So guys over the weekend of WGC we found some good stuff in our hotel with uppercuts:

So after you uppercut someone as they go for a jip or kick, or if you are at the correct range to the corner, you can link a d1/d4 after a quick dash to follow it up, for example we saw mustard using Uppercut, d1xxNet as a solid anti-crossup, with really good damage.

Now this is character specific, and dependant on the speed and hitbox of your uppercut, but hopefully with a little testing we can find out some nice new ideas with it.

Il start off and ive tested that smoke can get: Uppercut, d1 d1 Smoke bomb, or just Uppercut d4 smokebomb.

Scorpion can get this too, with his d1 into spear, and possibly d4 aswell.

So guys get in the lab and have a play around, if you find it works with your character then post whatever you can find here.

If youre having trouble getting the uppercut right then use the opponents JIP or JIK to make their hitbox bigger as they pass over you. Some can even get it from a regular (not AA) uppercut into the corner at the right range, so its definitely something to play with.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
It sure does, thanks Blake!

Im curious to see what other characters can get with this too!
In that case, take another example...

It does 47% damage now, thanks to a patch.

EDIT: I just now realized I don't technically start this combo with an uppercut, which is probably what you're looking for...I'm half-asleep right now, LOL. I'll try to contribute more examples soon.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
In that case, take another example...

It does 47% damage now, thanks to a patch.

EDIT: I just now realized I don't technically start this combo with an uppercut, which is probably what you're looking for...I'm half-asleep right now, LOL. I'll try to contribute more examples soon.
Yeah what i meant was when someone tries to jump in or over you you can get the reverse uppercut, into a very strong AA combo. All your examples are good though, any contribution is welcome!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Yeah what i meant was when someone tries to jump in or over you you can get the reverse uppercut, into a very strong AA combo. All your examples are good though, any contribution is welcome!
Yeah, my bad, LOL.

I have a few more examples in this combo compilation with Ermac. Look through it, there are a few combos I start with an uppercut.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Great stuff, will you test some possibilities from Sektor type uppercuts, it seems the hitbox is far too unreliable to be able to punch them over your head into combo, but you seem to be among the combo masters, so you might have more success than i did :D

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Great stuff, will you test some possibilities from Sektor type uppercuts, it seems the hitbox is far too unreliable to be able to punch them over your head into combo, but you seem to be among the combo masters, so you might have more success than i did :D
I'll test and get at you if any results come up.