What's new

Tech Cross up Vupper to Command Grab/"lets Banestorm"

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Brain storm bane storm, aaaahhhh I crack myself up..but now to the serious business, I'd like to share and discuss new uppercut tech in this thread

So I was very sick all day yesterday and didnt get to play around with the new patch much, but I talked to WetDoba a little bit and he said he was working on some stuff that makes the new uppercut cross up. This intrigued me because I had a feeling if they changed the upper in a certain way we would be able to do crazy fuck shit with this new tool. The Cross up upper to command grab I found mid screen was more than anticipated.

So the set up that I prefer is out of the background bounce vortex because hard knockdown, but this can also be done from a raw f3(I tried b3, but the spacing and timing to get the desired effect was undesirable).

~Back ground bounce, and basically as they hit the ground you MB Vupper. The first hit whiffs and the second hit falls on them crossing the opponent up(It should be noted that you cannot get d2'd out of this cross up and on block its slightly more positive than the regular Vupper. If the cross up lands you end in a nice ambiguous state where you are on top of the opponent. In this state if you hit with a properly timed body press it cannot be jumped or backdashed. This set up functions much like the OHVCS, the opponent MUST wake up to get out of this set up(If they have a wake up that allows them to do so). I know this forum needs visual representation, so ill add this into my cross up vortex video when I make that.

Again this can be done off a raw f3, the only thing about it is those knockdowns can be tech rolled. If you do chose to do this off a f3 and the opponent does tech roll they will be hit by the second hit of the upper on wake up unless they back dash or do a wake up attack with good invisibility(it should be noted that you cannot get d2'd in this situation either.

WARNING: If you futz up the timing on the upper in both of these set ups you will get an upper that still crosses up, but if they opponent knows the set up and starts blocking the cross up before waking up the game kinda of glitches and the upper will just whiff leaving you to be full combo punished. Know your timing if you are thinking about using this(I was even able to normal throw bane right out of the air once when doing the glitch).

So yeah, lets talk about the uppers new properties/set ups and how we use them live

Breaker

~AKUMA~
just found a glitch with Bane's venom on Flash. Flash's lightning kicks do 10% normally and 8% while in trait mode, unscaled. If Bane pops lvl 1 venom it makes the kick do 9.5% while in trait mode. Instead of decreasing damage, it increases damage because it doesn't read flashes initial damage reduction.

colt

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Basically the timing up the cross up Vupper should hit on the first few frames the opponents hurtbox becomes active again(meaty as fuck, I input the upper the same time I would input the dash to do the vortex). If done a little bit off time you can still get the cross up effect, but you will get weird glitchy effects that you dont want as well. One letting the opponent decide where they go when they are hit, another being listed above. It is harder to time the Upper off of certain strings into the bounce, ill list the easy ones

113xxbounce
b23, 1xxbounce
F2dxxbounce
D2xxbounce

Outside of these strings you will need to move slightly after hitting the background bounce to make the Vupper properly cross up without any glitches. Thankfully these include low, overhead, and our quickest starting string so the tech is very practical. Also With the F2D bounce I couldnt get the glitch where the opponent gets to chose where how they land to stop, but the CuUCG still is unable to be Nj/Fj. The opponent can however back dash or Bj, but they cant punish you and they are moving themselves to the corner so still a good option.

just found a glitch with Bane's venom on Flash. Flash's lightning kicks do 10% normally and 8% while in trait mode, unscaled. If Bane pops lvl 1 venom it makes the kick do 9.5% while in trait mode. Instead of decreasing damage, it increases damage because it doesn't read flashes initial damage reduction.
Thats really weird, does it do that if flash does the kick in a combo that was started outside of trait mode? Also what does it do at level 2 and 3? If the kicks only go reduced outside of a combo then its alright because flash wont be just traiting up and kicking bane, but if he does one of his trait combos and the kicks dont get reduced then that is a problem.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
There's a phantom hitbox that extends a pretty good distance away from Bane's feet on the MB VU. If the opponent blocks that hitbox, then it becomes at least +13 instead of -8.

To test, I set Lex to always-block and reversal-Corp Charge (6 frames). After he blocked the MB VU at max range, I was able to d.2 (12 frames) him out of CC, though the timing was really tight.