What's new

Cross play

I've switched to PC gaming since mk11 came out. Now im hyped for mk1 but i see its only next gen available, so my ps4 will collect even more dust.
I have no problem getting it on PC but the PC scene always seems to die out rather quickly.
Cant find any real answers online about cross play. If its not going to have it ill have to grab a ps5. Hopefully someone here can give a solid answer

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
MK1 unfortunately, will not have crossplay for PC

According this article, they plan to do something related to crossplay, but after the game launches

https://www.ggrecon.com/guides/mortal-kombat-1-crossplay/

If hapeens, you can bet that , will be only for PS5 and Xbox series x/s, so consoles only

NRS does seems to not care to implement a full crossplay for all platafroms, pehaps for some reasons , as costs for infrastructure, risk of hacking attacks of cheats for pc plataform , or anything that can hurt the experience for the console players, so, will not happen

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
There is no official word... But they seem to be planning cross play and cross progression across all platforms including PC. This is according to interviews with the devs in their own words. Though it seems it may not be available at launch.

To say anything else at this stage is irresponsible.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
The fact that the PC version is getting outsourced by the same who did MK11 (QLOC), makes crossplay look bad. With patch delay, crossplay would always have to be turned off until all versions are synced again. (1-2 weeks delay for every patch on MK11 PC edition)

But maybe they stepped up this time and they work on closing the gap.
Tekken7 had day 1 PC and console patches. Why Namco can afford it and WB games not ...
(sidenote, Tekken8 this time will feature crossplay)

Crossprogression would be nice, I would have played MK11 on ps4 too but losing all the stuff, especially brutalities, made it a no no to play both platforms. (why even play both? Community difference, console for sure has way more casuals and a bigger pool to search in (less waiting - the reason why cross-play is getting pushed in the first place.) - PC this time will suffer even more, with the mad high prices on hardware.)

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Sadly I think we are likely to see at least another 2 NRS games before fully functional crossplay comes to PC, for reasons stated above. I'd love to be wrong and get surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.

Immortal

Blind justice....
The fact that the PC version is getting outsourced by the same who did MK11 (QLOC), makes crossplay look bad. With patch delay, crossplay would always have to be turned off until all versions are synced again. (1-2 weeks delay for every patch on MK11 PC edition)

But maybe they stepped up this time and they work on closing the gap.
Tekken7 had day 1 PC and console patches. Why Namco can afford it and WB games not ...
(sidenote, Tekken8 this time will feature crossplay)
Nothing official yet.

It's just cheaper to outsource it to QLOC than hire new people to join NRS and do just that(PC), by the way QLOC also did MK XL, not only MK11.

Patches were always delayed for whatever reason but not time related for sure, since on both PS and X you need to go throu certification by Sony/MS before anything goes public, which usually takes around 3 weeks.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I really don't want to have to buy a PS5 (I own a Series X) so I can play with everyone--and with the much larger PS fanbase. I hope there's at least PS5/XboxSeries crossplay, and I bet there will be.

Ashesfall

Nothing official yet.

It's just cheaper to outsource it to QLOC than hire new people to join NRS and do just that(PC), by the way QLOC also did MK XL, not only MK11.

Patches were always delayed for whatever reason but not time related for sure, since on both PS and X you need to go throu certification by Sony/MS before anything goes public, which usually takes around 3 weeks.
you again hehehe ...

I honestly think PC is just not good enough for them, so they don't care. Be happy you get it at all. You even said how much the focus is on money in these industries ... so why step it up ...
Nothing official while crossplay in the scene is talked about so much, even maximilian. They know people want it and you hold it back? Bad sign.

Patch delay most likely because of leaks/unfinished codes, so NRS only shares data when it's shipped on console. QLOC works with the port when console players play it - my opinion on the delay.
And the patch quality check times you call here, is long gone as you say it. Old knowledge, and i don't search for the article. (Hotfix in the past were a mess, I remember.)

I hope for cross-play, unite the communities ... maybe when the game is done. MKX on PC till final version was terrible.
Do you work for QLOC?
(Sideinfo, MK11 was the only game to me which ran worse on the later implemented dx12 version, while every other game helped my PC noticeable, example: loadtimes under dx12 were longer ...)

I really don't want to have to buy a PS5 (I own a Series X) so I can play with everyone--and with the much larger PS fanbase. I hope there's at least PS5/XboxSeries crossplay, and I bet there will be.
Lots of games have console crossplay without PC, so the chances here should be way higher.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
you again hehehe ...

I honestly think PC is just not good enough for them, so they don't care. Be happy you get it at all. You even said how much the focus is on money in these industries ... so why step it up ...
Nothing official while crossplay in the scene is talked about so much, even maximilian. They know people want it and you hold it back? Bad sign.

Patch delay most likely because of leaks/unfinished codes, so NRS only shares data when it's shipped on console. QLOC works with the port when console players play it - my opinion on the delay.
And the patch quality check times you call here, is long gone as you say it. Old knowledge, and i don't search for the article. (Hotfix in the past were a mess, I remember.)

I hope for cross-play, unite the communities ... maybe when the game is done. MKX on PC till final version was terrible.
Do you work for QLOC?
(Sideinfo, MK11 was the only game to me which ran worse on the later implemented dx12 version, while every other game helped my PC noticeable, example: loadtimes under dx12 were longer ...)
I don't work for QLOC, thou i know many people who work there, since it's a pretty small(game dev in PL) world here. I work for CD PROJECT(RED).

Also certification on consoles is not long gone that i can tell you first hand. Whenever you want to sell a game it will go throu certification first and there are no exceptions(unless its a Sony or MS inside studio game). You can do minor patching without it but anything bigger will go throu cert. Full games take up to 3 weeks. Patches, it depends, anywhere from 1-2 days to 7.

And yes it is all about the money and minimum effort to gain as much as possible in (big)game dev. There are exceptions but (very)few and far between.

Ashesfall

You didn't even acknowledge many points I made and you said 3 weeks on patches now you say release of a game, big difference! Of course you can not just release a game there duh ... Game as a service wasn't a big thing in the past, 360 era.
I remembered you work there, this is why I had a strong feeling why you defend them.
(Blind justice huh ...)

Cyberpunk must have had a good certification on ps4, when they took it down later.
(edit: i have a very bad attitude (also know as wrath) to liars, not the same as mistakes we all do ...)

ps: in a year or so, after phantom liberty got massive patches, I will finally play it :laughing:
pps: you do not have to work anywhere official, to know your stuff!
(extra edit: this is why you all took the vaccine (human experiment ... it's actually worse but wrong place here ...) and now would you do it again? (dont answer) ...)

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
First of all lets be clear. I never lied to anybody i pride myself on being honest throu my whole life, work and private. Your attitude towards me is not even worth a comment. Thou i don't even remember you from the past-here, sorry.

That being said i was against even making Cyberpunk for the old gen, i was also against releasing the game at the time we did and many other things during the development of the project. Board decided otherwise and there was nothing to be done. Also i was not game lead on Cyberpunk and even if i were, there is nothing you can do when the board decides things for you. Well there is one thing(if you don't agree with them) - you can resign.

I never worked for QLOC, thou to be clear for most people their MK XL and MK 11 port worked just fine/better than on consoles(input delay) and like i said i know a lot, good people working there.

As for cert that was just an example. Cert is still a thing, for new games, patches, anything you want to put on consoles outside of very minor things. Pretty much any (bigger)game dev company have what we call "a cert team" to manage this. Time frame varies but it's still a thing.

Also i acknowledged "many" of your points in one sentence - that one about the money.

No idea where that vaccine thing even came from. You should chill.

Last edited:

Jynks

The PC versions of both MKx and MK11 are "now".. superior to the console versions. MKx particularly had a bad launch... but the best player experience for those games, right now, is on PC.

Last edited:

Ashesfall

I was talking also a lot in general, not just to you @Immortal
My blood is boiling fast, it's just a bad(?) trait of mine.
(How many people got tricked with cyberpunk is mad insane, have fun with a broken 10fps experience ...)

It's just that fighting games are most hype when all the cool new stuff is going on.
(I like fighting games as a game as service concept, I was ready for KP3.)

Just defend a finished product in its final state has a bad taste to me, a reason why I don't buy single player games since many years even close to release anymore. I am massively tired of unfinished games and game breaking bugs. I can wait and enjoy a complete finished game, I am sure I will enjoy cyberpunk one day, right now I enjoy ghost of tsushima dc 60fps on ps5, amazing game.

Every game with multiplayer is just different. Being part from the first moment is fun.
Getting better with the community is an experience. If you enter when it's done, most casuals are gone and you jump into a shark pool. Example: You want to join league of legends when it's development done? Of course not, you want a smooth experience from the beginning. Few days server issues on release is even okay to me.

I chill now till the next attack :laughing:

Jynks

(How many people got tricked with cyberpunk is mad insane, have fun with a broken 10fps experience ...)
Cyberpunk is the new No Man's Sky... terrible launch but is legit one of the best games in the last decade. Try it now, on a PC or modern gen console, and it is actually fucking amazing, unrecognisable to what it was at launch.

Ashesfall

Cyberpunk is the new No Man's Sky... terrible launch but is legit one of the best games in the last decade. Try it now, on a PC or modern gen console, and it is actually fucking amazing, unrecognisable to what it was at launch.
Yeah it's what I said
I am sure I will enjoy cyberpunk one day
I follow the gaming scene closely and I appreciate that cd-project didn't stomp the game into the trash like some other publisher do.

I just wait till its development is finished (after phantom liberty) no need to play it now, I prefer the real complete editions of a single-player game, don't like big breaks in between, they kick me out too much.
(I have so many good games in my backlog, I don't even want to talk about it :laughing: - next is Returnal)

Appreciate the responses. Looks like ill have to get a ps5 for the wife and just kick her off it when mk1 drops. Plenty of games she can enjoy on my PC :)