What's new

Cronus Device

Noob
Does it still require wired 360 pad?
For about 3 seconds just to authenticate itself.

Essentially, each wired 360 controller (pad, stick, etc) has it's own unique ID number.

This is the premise of how these devices work... if a converter doesn't require wired 360 pad, then it's already using a unique ID number that the 360 can recognize.

Anyway, the Cronus has some on board memory that it uses to "borrow" the unique ID of the wired 360 controller you plug into it(for 3 seconds). Then you plug in your ps3 pad and you never have to re-authenticate again until you take the cronus out of the system. You can even unplug your PS3 pad/stick from the Cronus and it won't need to re-authenticate.

IKizzLE

BloodHound

Essentially, each wired 360 controller (pad, stick, etc) has it's own unique ID number.

This is the premise of how these devices work... if a converter doesn't require wired 360 pad, then it's already using a unique ID number that the 360 can recognize.

Anyway, the Cronus has some on board memory that it uses to "borrow" the unique ID of the wired 360 controller you plug into it(for 3 seconds). Then you plug in your ps3 pad and you never have to re-authenticate again until you take the cronus out of the system. You can even unplug your PS3 pad/stick from the Cronus and it won't need to re-authenticate.
Hey Phil, can you get those people who tested out Cronus to do a back to back comparison of it with the Etokki convertors?
I currently own a 360 and ps3 etokki convertors and I am used to it. Would be nice to know if I've been having SLIGHT input lag and have just been accustomed to it. Thanks.

Tim Static

Adminerator

wow, impressive. I might have to sell my MLG pads for this lol.

Noob
Hey Phil, can you get those people who tested out Cronus to do a back to back comparison of it with the Etokki convertors?
I currently own a 360 and ps3 etokki convertors and I am used to it. Would be nice to know if I've been having SLIGHT input lag and have just been accustomed to it. Thanks.
I think only Evil_Riu48 has the etokki converter here. Tim Static sings its praise and I think owns one...but I personally would have to order one to test it.

i like the etokki converter a lot i love the fact that you do not have to use a wire-360 controller fo it to work like many others converter

i really do not think it has any input lag and if it does it is a very small delay

Tim Static

Adminerator
I think only Evil_Riu48 has the etokki converter here. Tim Static sings its praise and I think owns one...but I personally would have to order one to test it.
I've had about 20 of them since they've come out. I would just sell them to players at tourneys/events for what it cost for me to replace it by the next tourney, and after last summer, just never re-upped on them. I still love em but you gotta give em a good 2 weeks at the most to get em shipped. I've gotten them in 7-8 days before too, but you can't rely on that.

Sent from The Turk

T3rror

Noob
Was thinking of buying one of these, but have read that it causes input problems for the opponent. Anyone with this have someone complain about that while playing?