What's new

Critique My Kabal

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies

Aside from the obvious meter management (which I am working on dammit). Be brutally honest, and remember this is ONLINE. If I could only get the air fireballs low like offline, things would be so much easier. Plus I usually don't try the f4 into cancel online cuz it whiffs the cancel half the time.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
You already know your major errors. Your Kabal mixups seems outdated (reminds me of Michaelangelo) you are focused on F32 NDC and that is so obvious.
I suggest to work on 11b4 mixups (you seem to fail the cancel) add f4 pressure, more grabs (then the opponent wont feel do trigger happy with blocking). In overall you have good command of NDC. I know how the online IaGb sucks bro, so i feel you there. Your juggles are not maximized. Kabal dose shit dmg in first place and yet you fail on pushing it to maximum.

Shady

Noob
Garbage, bro. :)... No, seriously, decent, but more mix up games. You rely too much on that F3,2 NDC pressure string. You can't keep doing that against good opponents.... 1,1,B4..... F4... both into NDC.... 212 is an overhead mix up that most people will block low because they're soo concerned about the 1,1,B4 they don't notice the string difference. Your game needs to evolve ;).

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
What do you mean by I'm not maximizing damage from juggles? like always to for the 3 punches? I usually go for the reset and fish for another spin. And yea I do have trouble with the 11b4 cancel online.

Saltea Moonspell

Sometimes you finish your juggles with f4 12 in stead of reset and fallow it up with pressure. Another example is doing natural jp at first fight at 54th sec. You could fallow it up with deep kick into gb f4. At 2:09 after the dash you did b121 into f32 Bs - that was not wise. If you count that there is a good % loss in total. Next fight same video at 3:44 - the opponent was air bourne yet you went for jab, f4 where you could fallow it up with djik~ag and so on.....

Crathen

Death is my business
Watched the fights a little , first off you are not capitilizing enough on your combos , be sure to practice them and make them a second nature ( you can find the combos in the Kabal guide ) , 2nd you dont manage your meter wisely , EX ND from fullscreen into cancel has no purpose , ALWAYS end your combos with f4 NDC because it gives you more frame advantage than standalone f4 so you get a guaranteed pressure strings which if blocked gives you meter , avoid using too much WA bs and avoid always WA generally unless you can punish your opponent for sure , if your opponent has a decent teleport don't machinegun Iagb too much , use it as a bait and a smart opponent will not jump on Kabal from fullscreen / midscreen distance , the f32 NDC can be interrupted by lowpokes so be sure to cancel it into BS or cancel into crossjump punch/kick , overall mix it up and don't get predictable because you will get your pressure reversed , f4 NDC isn't a blocktrap because it can be interrupted by any 10 frame move , use more f4 into BS/ TS ( ts being safe ).

On a last note , learn more matchups , know at what distance you can EX dash your opponent projectile , Anti air and so on , hope it helped.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Whats the best way to input the F4 into NDC? I've been doing F4 B F B+Blk real fast and it works good on the left but I have a hard time on the right. If I try to just press F4 B F4 Kabal just stands there like an idiot.

Crathen

Death is my business
Do it as fast as you can , just practice it , remember that you don't confirm f4 , you confirm with the ND ( as i said it's hard tho ) and if your f4 is blocked NDC and do not try to start pressure you simply can't because you are at huge frame disadvantage ( something like -4/-5 ) so don't even try to lowpoke , once f4 NDC is blocked be defensive unless your opponent doesn't know the matchup...

And yes , criticizing Kabal online is just silly ( tbh it applies to all the cast ) because lag kills the timing for NDC and Iagb and shortens the reaction times , up there i'm just giving general tips.

Whats the best way to input the F4 into NDC? I've been doing F4 B F B+Blk real fast and it works good on the left but I have a hard time on the right. If I try to just press F4 B F4 Kabal just stands there like an idiot.
That is my situation to, and sadly there is no other way. On another note, you should really practice other dash cancels and mixups besides the f 32. I mainly use b 12 NDC into f 32 of 21 since it looks like it cancels faster and messes up their poke timing, and if they block it on the second repetition, i cancel if into a TS or BS. i don't even use the f 4 NDC cause it is hard and looks slow. But the d 4 poke into the NDC, it looks really fast and cool i'm gonna test it out

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Warda on stream said he input it as F4 B F4 B+Blk, but simply can not get it to work. I have to skip the final 4 and just do F4 B F B+Blk really fucking fast and its sloppy, especially online. Same thing with the F3 into NDC. Anyone have any tips on getting these down solid?

Saltea Moonspell

I tell you how i got that covered. Simply try different methods and see how it works with you. This is all kinda hard to pull off but thats what Kabal is about ;]

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
Are you guys trying the F4 B F4 B5 only online, or trying it offline too? I don't have problems with either, though I can remember in my head there is a specific place to time it within the F4 but can't remember where. I think it's fairly early, maybe you're all leaving it too late?

shura30

Shura
can't watch vids until i'm home but judging by what others are saying:

11,b4 - hell no
11 can be crouched under (happens a lot against fuzzy guard) and you can always poke / 6frame before the b4 comes out
also, i think there's not enough room to hitconfirm the b4 into spin especially online

f4 NDC is tricky, don't do it too fast do F4 observe it come out then bf4 b5 it's easier than it looks
i don't like using negative edge, so i'm not going to suggest that shortcut

each normal into NDC have a different timing due to different startup and active frames
you can't learn one then apply to the others

i use a fightstick and button clicks helps a lot while training

online is not an issue unless you're playing the other side of the world or people with very bad connection
i can NDC online without problems out of everything it just take practice and time
muscle memory is the key

at first you'll always drop your input but as soon as you quit the 'i don't do it because i might drop it' attitude you'll start getting better pretty fast

if you're not from the other side of the world, hit me on xbl for some K vs K action

Shady

Noob
can't watch vids until i'm home but judging by what others are saying:

11,b4 - hell no
11 can be crouched under (happens a lot against fuzzy guard) and you can always poke / 6frame before the b4 comes out
also, i think there's not enough room to hitconfirm the b4 into spin especially online

f4 NDC is tricky, don't do it too fast do F4 observe it come out then bf4 b5 it's easier than it looks
i don't like using negative edge, so i'm not going to suggest that shortcut

each normal into NDC have a different timing due to different startup and active frames
you can't learn one then apply to the others

i use a fightstick and button clicks helps a lot while training

online is not an issue unless you're playing the other side of the world or people with very bad connection
i can NDC online without problems out of everything it just take practice and time
muscle memory is the key

at first you'll always drop your input but as soon as you quit the 'i don't do it because i might drop it' attitude you'll start getting better pretty fast

if you're not from the other side of the world, hit me on xbl for some K vs K action
Why would anyone want to endure a Kabal mirror match is beyond me. I find all mirror's pointless to begin with. Also 1,1 B4 has plenty of uses. Yes, it can be crouched, it's still a really good set up that leads to many mix ups, like say overheads, and buzzsaw... You can catch them trying to D1 our with a buzzsaw if you're a smart enough player. Also, it can lead to some fun 2,1,2 uses as most opponents will crouch immediately after seeing Kabal start a combo with the punches. It's not useless, it's just not as good as the F3,2 but it is still a decent enough string to be considered.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I had a bit of a break through yesterday with regards to the F3 into NDC and F4 into NDC, the way I'm doing it probably shouldn't work, but it does oddly enough. Still having trouble getting the 11b4 out consistantly. Seems maybe I pushing B4 F4 too fast or something cuz he whiffs after the kick. When I do manage to get it out the cancel off the B4 is pretty easy.

shura30

Shura
Why would anyone want to endure a Kabal mirror match is beyond me. I find all mirror's pointless to begin with. Also 1,1 B4 has plenty of uses. Yes, it can be crouched, it's still a really good set up that leads to many mix ups, like say overheads, and buzzsaw... You can catch them trying to D1 our with a buzzsaw if you're a smart enough player. Also, it can lead to some fun 2,1,2 uses as most opponents will crouch immediately after seeing Kabal start a combo with the punches. It's not useless, it's just not as good as the F3,2 but it is still a decent enough string to be considered.
mirrors can be annoying but still part of a knowledge any player should have
being able to NDC or iaGB perfectly don't necessarily mean being able to counter them

at first i had a lot of difficulties against other kabals
reacting to bs or gbs is difficult (online x10) and these things made me realize a lot in both defense and offense
plus, good kabals are not so popular and the online ones with decent internet are ever more rare

against kabal you're supposed to block low, with TS being the only threat for an overhead (212 finisher is just garbage even more with the new wakeup system),
a smart opponent will always uppercut or jab under 11 or 21
both strings don't jail so they can still stand block the first then duck the second one
11 TS can be nice but since you can poke before the b4 you can jab/armor the TS startup too

yep it's still a mixup to throw in from time to time but F3(2), F4 and D4 are too much better

rafaw

#YouSuck
Sup guys...

I have a couple more videos recorded but i have to upload then... for now i will leave this one for you guys critique...

AC1984

Kaballin!
Good stuff on your kabal considering its online.of all characters kabal is the most difficult to control online.as for the stupid commentators and their dumb so called show, come up with something better and more interesting than some trash talking over online matches.