What's new

Critique My Kabal - yes, another one.

Lulzlou

Noob
http://www.twitch.tv/blackula_sova/b/315665589
1:42:00 is where I get on. 3:28:00 is where I get off.
This was a bit after I got to blackula's after a 3 and a half hour trip. I was so tired on top of having an adderall crash. I'm not using that an excuse at all; I know what I'm doing wrong regardless but I do feel like I could have done better. Blackula's is way above me too. I thank him and Tom for playing a lot of games with me.

I have talked about kabal to only one kabal player. He hasn't been to the NoVA meet ups in so long. I don't even know what the fuck I'm suppose to be doing. Everything so far from picking up kabal in feb and hitbox in mid march is all from personal experiences .

I think I have the idea of what to do but there are a lot of things I'm doing wrong.
I'll list what I know of, I have no shame lol. There is a lot more I'm sure
-Stop dropping the higher damage combos
-Stop burning meter like a mad man
-Not zoning enough
-Need to do better punishes
-Stop using d1 and d3 so much
-Need more match up experience with everything
-Need to do more mix-ups to get in. I came to realize I was bit scared to do anything else besides f32 or f3 to start my pressure.

Playing Tom Brady and Blackula made me notice all of those. Some of them I knew already but I was too focused getting the dash cancels down to try to fix anything else. Tom asked me why am I practicing the thing I do best while in training mode (I was practicing each ndc and waiting for everyone to wake up). I literally had no answer for him. Up until this point I didn't realize I had it down pretty good. I don't need to focus on that too much since that will get better with more match experience too.

I don't care about getting blown up by anyone because how bad I was doing with kabal. I am the below average kabal. So hit me with anything, I'm determined to fix my bad habbits and level up. Good or bad, any feed back is what I need. No offence to anyone, but I would prefer if it would be someone that has a lot of experience with the kabal match up or any kabal player that can do the same stuff I do effectively. I'm not a fan of having a theory argument. Also, if you plan on giving me feed back, could you watch more than just 5minutes. I do start getting a tad bit better during the time we played.

AC1984

Kaballin!
http://www.twitch.tv/blackula_sova/b/315665589
1:42:00 is where I get on. 3:28:00 is where I get off.
This was a bit after I got to blackula's after a 3 and a half hour trip. I was so tired on top of having an adderall crash. I'm not using that an excuse at all; I know what I'm doing wrong regardless but I do feel like I could have done better. Blackula's is way above me too. I thank him and Tom for playing a lot of games with me.

I have talked about kabal to only one kabal player. He hasn't been to the NoVA meet ups in so long. I don't even know what the fuck I'm suppose to be doing. Everything so far from picking up kabal in feb and hitbox in mid march is all from personal experiences .

I think I have the idea of what to do but there are a lot of things I'm doing wrong.
I'll list what I know of, I have no shame lol. There is a lot more I'm sure
-Stop dropping the higher damage combos
-Stop burning meter like a mad man
-Not zoning enough
-Need to do better punishes
-Stop using d1 and d3 so much
-Need more match up experience with everything
-Need to do more mix-ups to get in. I came to realize I was bit scared to do anything else besides f32 or f3 to start my pressure.

Playing Tom Brady and Blackula made me notice all of those. Some of them I knew already but I was too focused getting the dash cancels down to try to fix anything else. Tom asked me why am I practicing the thing I do best while in training mode (I was practicing each ndc and waiting for everyone to wake up). I literally had no answer for him. Up until this point I didn't realize I had it down pretty good. I don't need to focus on that too much since that will get better with more match experience too.

I don't care about getting blown up by anyone because how bad I was doing with kabal. I am the below average kabal. So hit me with anything, I'm determined to fix my bad habbits and level up. Good or bad, any feed back is what I need. No offence to anyone, but I would prefer if it would be someone that has a lot of experience with the kabal match up or any kabal player that can do the same stuff I do effectively. I'm not a fan of having a theory argument. Also, if you plan on giving me feed back, could you watch more than just 5minutes. I do start getting a tad bit better during the time we played.

I saw and played your Kabal at FV...Focus on fundamentals and match up experience....the cancels wont get u anywhere...

Lulzlou

Noob
I saw and played your Kabal at FV...Focus on fundamentals and match up experience....the cancels wont get u anywhere...
Yeah for sure. I have my execution down finally. That was what I was focusing too much on.
The problem was with me that I only had meet ups with the nova guys 1-2days out of the week. How am I going to get anywhere only playing them? We are not leveled up enough as a scene.

This was my second meet up with Blackula and my first with Tom. I don't have access to high level players like most do. My fundamentals went up so much by the end of saturday night, but I am hoping to reach out to other areas. I need to play with more high level players. The money issue is the only problem keeping me from doing so. It sucks but I wont give up.

edit: thank you so much for your input. I have no one to talk to with about kabal and I usually get ignored on the forums

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
As AC said, you probably just need matchup experience.

Since you list all of the things you are doing wrong/need improvement on, the only thing left to do is keep playing. I would also recommend to not overanalyze things. It's not good to play mindlessly, but at the same time I think sometimes people try to play too much "in theory" and end up playing badly because of that. So what I'm basically saying is that you should try to learn matchups by playing them then asking questions later and then experimenting/learning through practice.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Playing other people helps dramatically...Snips pretty much nailed it tho! I would suggest you read frame data and watch matches. Learn what Kabal can and cant do against other characters. The cancels are not bad but against a high level player, forget about them...Right now I am stuck and i try to change my game up completely... Characters that have advancing normals blow Kabal up because his normals don't have good range and priority....(Sektor, Cage, Kitana...) The last couple of weeks i had to learn the hard way that Cancels are not very practical to rely on against good players...

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Playing other people helps dramatically...Snips pretty much nailed it tho! I would suggest you read frame data and watch matches. Learn what Kabal can and cant do against other characters. The cancels are not bad but against a high level player, forget about them...Right now I am stuck and i try to change my game up completely... Characters that have advancing normals blow Kabal up because his normals don't have good range and priority....(Sektor, Cage, Kitana...) The last couple of weeks i had to learn the hard way that Cancels are not very practical to rely on against good players...
Shhhh don't let people know Kabal has weaknesses. He's a super character ya know :rolleyes:

Lulzlou I was watching the stream and your Kabal is solid. IMO a little too many low pokes, maybe mix in more throws. Other than that just keep playin man. Learn them mu's.

Lulzlou

Noob
I know exactly what you mean. That is why I want to start going to other areas. The ndc pressure maybe good against nova but I'll get blown up everywhere else. Tom blew me up and made me realize what I had to do. I do know the frame data for kabal but I guess I was playing to carelessly from only playing nova.

I'm hoping to play with the ny, md, pa and even atlanta guys soon. The money issue is making me stuck on the level I am now but I'll figure it out.

Lulzlou

Noob
Lulzlou I was watching the stream and your Kabal is solid. IMO a little too many low pokes, maybe mix in more throws. Other than that just keep playin man. Learn them mu's.
The low poke habit came from playing Baraka waaay to much. The guy I play with the most mains baraka him so I guess it stuck. Definitely going to practice more mix-ups and such since I don't need to worry about my execution at the moment.

Thank you for the feedback sir

Skitzo

Noob
Yeah man, super good job. D@t 2ndc's, but like k7 said. more mix-ups. I believe a 2ndc = a throw . Unless they escape from it lol other than that, it's looking really solid :REO

Lulzlou

Noob
Yeah man, super good job. D@t 2ndc's, but like k7 said. more mix-ups. I believe a 2ndc = a throw . Unless they escape from it lol other than that, it's looking really solid :REO
2ndc is actually a free b121 check I think but I could use a throw too depending on the situation.
Thanks a lot man. I'll definitely think about doing that my next meet up or if I play someone online with a decent connection lol. I tend to try to stay away from online but always willing to play with tym people.

Lulzlou

Noob
Good shit. Gotta level up that Kabal :REO
Thank you :)
I've been in training mode every day since I picked him up no joke. I can't even describe how tough it has been for me in meet ups but I stuck with it. I made the commitment and its sorta in a way coming together finally. I'm hoping I can do better next tournament.

Death

Noob
Kabal is the best character in the game. He beats almost every1 and his toughest MUs are 5-5. Some argue that sektor and jax are bad MUs but they could be even. Id suggest stick with him. Kabal played at the highest level is a bitch. A pocket Cage or Liu Kang would be good as an alt imo.

Skitzo

Noob
I feel you dude, i go in the lab with him everyday like 2879487232 times. Everyday since December, which was when I picked him up lol

Skitzo

Noob
I agree with Death

I pocket a JC & it's great with my play style. I even pocket FK.

A rushdown, zonedown (rushdown + zoner lol) & a zoner. What a team :cool:

Lulzlou

Noob
No doubt I'll be sticking with him. I tried picking up other characters on the side and even kept my old mains but it didn't cut it. It felt too awkward with them. I'll see how far I can go with just kabal and if I seriously feel I need a pocket character, I'll pick one up. There is no way in hell I can pick one up now. I spend waaay to much time with kabal.

The only thing I'm worried about now is me actually being able to get to that level. I don't even know if I can to be honest.

edit: I picked Kabal up on pad in feb then started hitbox mid march. I haven't touch a stick since I was like 5 and never been to an arcade. The button placement was extremely weird for me and brought me back so much. I had no reason to switch, I tried it out because one of the nova guys offered theirs to me. I'm still getting used to it lol.