What's new

Creating a League

Israfel

Designer for BxA
Looking for some community help. A friend and I are in the infancy stages of trying to develop our local scene more. We want to create a league for our respective genres of choice for friends and newcomers to compete in. My interest falls in the FGC and his is in the FPS genre. Any tips or advice on how to get this started would be appreciated.

For the league, should there be fees collected weekly per events? Should payouts also be weekly per events? Since this would be weekly/biweekly events with points awarded for standings would it be better to collect fees per attendance and the final payout only occur at the end of the season much like MKX ESL Finals? We are wanting to build a website as well to showcase not only our "league events" but also help promote other FPS/FGC events around Oklahoma and increase overall awareness for scene.

The website would show league standings as well as team names and profiles, etc. This is a completely new venture for the both of us and we want it to do well not only for ourselves but also our local #esportsOK community.

Thanks for the help/advice everyone.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
@Israfel Do you have Skype or something? I feel like it would be easier than posting back and forth on TYM. If so, my Skype name is Ninjacheese (don't ask!)

Vandy

Kumite!
Good luck with your league sir. Unfortunately I do not have any experience building a weekly event so not sure what I could offer here.