What's new

Crappy MKT Collision Detection

dreemernj

Ambassador
Doesn't look like a collision detection problem so much as they are both so close to the corner that Smoke came up facing the wrong way.

dreemernj

Ambassador
It doesn't always happen that way so it's not surprising you didn't notice it before.

Most of the time, your opponent can't back completely into the corner until you get within 1/2 screen distance from the corner. In those cases, they can be backed up into the corner as far as they can be and the TP uppercut will still hit. You'll notice the screen shifts towards the corner a little bit after the tp uppercut starts as you cross the boundary and allow the camera to move all the way to the corner.

dreemernj said:
It doesn't always happen that way so it's not surprising you didn't notice it before.

Most of the time, your opponent can't back completely into the corner until you get within 1/2 screen distance from the corner. In those cases, they can be backed up into the corner as far as they can be and the TP uppercut will still hit. You'll notice the screen shifts towards the corner a little bit after the tp uppercut starts as you cross the boundary and allow the camera to move all the way to the corner.

Is it the same in UMK3 and MKT? Because In MKT I did it over and over again and It happened every time.

Duh he wont hit, he comes up on the other side cause there is no room for him to come up in the corner. If he was to get hit that would be bad collision detection...

I mean you broke it down into freakin' frames and you cant see the punch hit him, why the fuck would it launch him then? lol...

dreemernj

Ambassador
Well, it does also depend on the level. At least in UMK3 there are levels where it will always connect in the corner. Usually only one side of the level will do that though.

I don't actually remember if there is the same strangeness between levels in MKT. There probably is.

EDIT: Like Scorpion's level in UMK3. I think it never hits someone in the corner on the right but always hits someone in the corner on the left. On the Lost I think it never hits on the right and only hits on the left if 1 player is walking into the corner and the other gets within 1/2 screen distance of the corner, otherwise it misses.

It's kind of odd.

It is indeed level specific. If P1 is robo smoke it will only miss on the right, if player two is robo smoke it will only miss on the left. This involves the corner reset thing mentioned in general guide.

dreemernj said:
Like Scorpion's level in UMK3. I think it never hits someone in the corner on the right but always hits someone in the corner on the left.
For Scorpions Lair, it always connects for player one on the right, always misses for P2 on the left. So It has to do with levels, but I guess not always both sides.

whenever i do teleport punches on umk3 they miss on stupidest times. but when the newbs do it to me i could be sweep distance and i get hit. :(

dreemernj

Ambassador
If you have an attack out you become a much bigger target. That's why so often if you are jumping and they go for it and you don't have an attack out it'll just miss.