What's new

General/Other - Covert Ops Covert Ops Improvements Wishlist

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Yeah, I was discussing ways to spice up Covert Ops, especially if NRS are planning to keep making the game fresh. MS3 activating on whiff would be something I'd appreciate. To have it operate as a reverse ivory cutter would greatly increase my enjoyment in playing and open a new facet to Sonya's game.

As for D2, all of those I have listed have less than 9 start up frames, they've got quicker start ups and beefier active frames to catch delayed aerial moves. Recovery on whiff is important cause it gives the player an advantage if he mistimes the uppercut or is tricked by an opponents cancel/ dive kick.

But basically Sonya doesn't have "one of the best uppercuts" as some have mentioned, her uppercut is average with less than average recovery frames and less active frames to catch people.

So I'm just correcting this misconception, that some people are overating for mysterious reasons
I wouldn't call it a misconception. It is fact that she has one of the better d2s but maybe you won't understand unless you had one that is genuinely bad. Off course we can agree to disagree.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I think Sonya in all her variations is perfectly fin as she is, but I wouldn't mind a couple changes in Special Forces but it isn't necessary at all.
I think CO and Demo are both fine and should be left alone in the next patch.

Dedlock

Noob
You can still get decent combos/damage off it in the corner.
using this in the corner when you have a wealth of superior options in Covert ops and demo, has made b3,3,u4 redundant. i think with a higher launch it could serve as a fantastic mid run cancel combo starter or atleast allow for faster recovery to follow up with a jump air throw.

Dedlock

Noob
Really nervous about any potential changes with beta Sonya, I hope they enhance her universals and give covert Ops more to work with, I'd love to be playing another year with a fresher Sonya.

Fingers crossed.

Dedlock

Noob
Please it's been more than a year, please some one at NRS consider a revamp of some of her Covert Ops moves and properties. It'll be nice for her to receive the amount of attention others like Kitana and Mileena receive.