What's new

Couple of fight stick/console choice questions

Parappa

Noob
I bought the mk9 tournament edition at launch and have used it ever since for mk9 and the past few months Injustice (can live without a throw button.) My problem is it's on the 360. Hype enough for MK X to actually get a new console, and aside from needing a new usb cord would hate to see a perfectly good stick go to waste, especially one I'm familiar with.

Basically wondering what some of you would do in my situation. Have no experience with this at all, but could do my modding research if need be. Looks like I may be able to try to buy a PCB like PS360+ and hope that the drivers work? It doesn't seem like there's a definitive answer there yet. I'm assuming as long as I switch to a universal board the parts should be fine since they're Suzo Happ, right? This is with the assumption that I'd buy a ps4. Realize I may just have to suck it up and use a controller if I don't want to buy a next gen stick.

Mr. Yutani

Don't know karate but I know karazy.
I bought the mk9 tournament edition at launch and have used it ever since for mk9 and the past few months Injustice (can live without a throw button.) My problem is it's on the 360. Hype enough for MK X to actually get a new console, and aside from needing a new usb cord would hate to see a perfectly good stick go to waste, especially one I'm familiar with.

Basically wondering what some of you would do in my situation. Have no experience with this at all, but could do my modding research if need be. Looks like I may be able to try to buy a PCB like PS360+ and hope that the drivers work? It doesn't seem like there's a definitive answer there yet. I'm assuming as long as I switch to a universal board the parts should be fine since they're Suzo Happ, right? This is with the assumption that I'd buy a ps4. Realize I may just have to suck it up and use a controller if I don't want to buy a next gen stick.
I'm in a similar situation as you, although I already purchased an Xbox One. I have a MadCatz SFIV TE stick as well as a PDP MK TE stick on Xbox 360. Ideally I'd like to play MKX on my Xbox 360 MK fightstick however since Microsoft wont allow support of last gen peripherals I basically had 3 choices:

1 - TitanOne/Chronus
2 - Xbox One pad hack for MK fightstick
3 - USB converter

For me since I have several fightsticks on Xbox 360 I want to use on Xbox One the USB converter makes the most sense so thats the route I'm going to go. But if you only have 1 stick that you want to use on next gen then I recommend that you just do a PS4 or Xbox One pad hack, depending on which next gen system you want.