What's new

Tech Countering Scorpion's Teleport

Invincibeast

Stay Free
So I noticed something with Sinestro.
His Arachnid Sting special hits behind him for the first few frames of the move coming out.
This means that when timed correctly [tricky to get down on reaction, but this video is literally after trying for 3 min in the lab...so you high level players might have an easier time doing this ;) ]
the Arachnid Sting will hit Scorpion out of his teleport!
(and if you MB it, put him at full screen)

I've also found that when I hit the inputs a bit late, due to the first input of the Arachnid Sting being :d, Sinestro will actually block the teleport which allows for a combo punish.

Granted, I fuck up the first few tries in the video lol, but I'm doing it all on reaction.
And my reaction time compared to most of you guys is sub par, so, here it is:

0:15, I do it twice in a row.

Discuss. I think this could be useful with enough practice on reacting to his teleport.
AK Pig Of The Hut
LEGEND
WoundCowboy

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
His Arachnid Sting special hits behind him for the first few frames of the move coming out.
This means that when timed correctly [tricky to get down on reaction, but this video is literally after trying for 3 min in the lab...so you high level players might have an easier time doing this ;) ]

I've also found that when I hit the inputs a bit late, due to the first input of the Arachnid Sting being :d, Sinestro will actually block the teleport which allows for a combo punish.

Granted, I fuck up the first few tries in the video lol, but I'm doing it all on reaction.

Discuss. I think this could be useful with enough practice on reacting to his teleport.
AK Pig Of The Hut
LEGEND
WoundCowboy
ill play w it but like i told tom do this in a real match

Im #1 blowing up teleports in practice mode

Nice effort but I'm afraid this is impractical. No point in practicing 1 precise timing vs AI doing perfect wake up because humans don't always wake up on the same frame.

This could have potential but only if we're able to do it 100% on reaction. It looks like it could be possible to do on reaction but extremely hard.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Nice effort but I'm afraid this is impractical. No point in practicing 1 precise timing vs AI doing perfect wake up because humans don't always wake up on the same frame.

This could have potential but only if we're able to do it 100% on reaction. It looks like it could be possible to do on reaction but extremely hard.
It is very hard. The first time I did it was on accident in a match when I was trying to hit the scorpion infront of me with a wake-up Arachnid Sting, he teleported and got hit behind me so I decided to investigate. But hey, just trying to help skew the #'s in Sinestro's favor a little.
Maybe when they nerf Scorpion, because lets face it...they will and it will most likely be the teleport, then it can be done on reaction? Who knows

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!

AK Pig Of The Hut
LEGEND
WoundCowboy
Pretty cool find. I am still doing 11-shackles after a blocked teleport. You can technically 111-shackles after Scorpion lands but the timing is very strict.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Pretty cool find. I am still doing 11-shackles after a blocked teleport. You can technically 111-shackles after Scorpion lands but the timing is very strict.
I go to a b1,3 b3 bnb after blocking one.

This might not be 100% reliable to counter his teleport completely, but I've been messing with ending some blocked strings in Arachnid Sting MB for the teleport happy Scorps. I've caught a couple either like I do in the above video or with the unblockable part of the MB version if they don't teleport. I refuse to believe this is useless :p