What's new

Question Counter Zoning?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
After investigating the supes match up I realized my previous post was dumb. sorry about that.

more info to come once I organize it in my brain

Dan

KomboMaker
In what regards?

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2
I'm having a very bad time againt Aquaman game.

If I stay at distance, he will cheap-damage the life out of me. If I get close, he will 50/50 with his huge trident reach all the time (50% overhead / 50% low poke, both options will take about 35%-40% damage).

Also, in case I got near him and defend his low poke sequence, Green Lantern can't punish him with a combo. The only thing that GL can do is d,1 wich does not connect into a combo. Forget about b,1 or 2,2,3 they don't punish at all and they are not safe.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever

If I stay at distance, he will cheap-damage the life out of me. If I get close, he will 50/50 with his huge trident reach all the time (50% overhead / 50% low poke, both options will take about 35%-40% damage).

Also, in case I got near him and defend his low poke sequence, Green Lantern can't punish him with a combo. The only thing that GL can do is d,1 wich does not connect into a combo. Forget about b,1 or 2,2,3 they don't punish at all and they are not safe.
Can't you spend a lot of the time in the air using your rockets to control your jump arc and negating his db2?

D1 LM does link. But AORs is your best bet. Just don't get predictable cause he can hit you with the trident projectile or his up trident.

You don't want to be close to AM cause of the tridents reach. But a zoning, in and out tactic works and there's not much he can do.

I haven't spent a whole lot of time trying to work on this as I have only been able to play the game twice so far (damn finals) but what is the best way to get in on Sinestro. The straight fireball isn't really a problem but whenever I try to dash on reaction to boulder I get hit out of startup and jumping it does not help at all either. Do I just need to get better at dashing on reaction? And is it just me or is Green Lantern the slowest moving character in the game dash and walking wise

I haven't spent a whole lot of time trying to work on this as I have only been able to play the game twice so far (damn finals) but what is the best way to get in on Sinestro. The straight fireball isn't really a problem but whenever I try to dash on reaction to boulder I get hit out of startup and jumping it does not help at all either. Do I just need to get better at dashing on reaction? And is it just me or is Green Lantern the slowest moving character in the game dash and walking wise
He is not the slowest in the game. He's slow for his size and the recovery is a little ridiculous but not the slowest.

But just high block the boulder and dash right after it hits. Just be careful and pay attention to see if it's MB or not.

Block the boulder and dash right after. It's a free dash that he literally can't do anything about and a free punish if you're close enough. There's not much you can do once he gets through a certain point in the animation. If you interrupt him, the boulder still comes out, so it's just better to block the boulder and then use your highest damage combo to punish. Dashing won't do anything for you, as far as avoiding the boulder, especially since GL's dash is slow and takes a bit to recover. Hope that helps.

Dan

KomboMaker
D1 LM does link. But AORs is your best bet. Just don't get predictable cause he can hit you with the trident projectile or his up trident.

You don't want to be close to AM cause of the tridents reach. But a zoning, in and out tactic works and there's not much he can do.

Thanks for the reply. By the way, what's AORs?

One more question: what do you guys use to punish Killer Frost freezing dash? Is it punishable?

Thanks for the reply. By the way, what's AORs?

One more question: what do you guys use to punish Killer Frost freezing dash? Is it punishable?
"Air Oa's Rocket" I have a full legend on my BnB thread.

What do you mean by freezing dash? If it is what I think you're talking about, her slide, it is completely safe on block. Best thing to do is D1 to keep her in check afterwards.

Dan

KomboMaker
"Air Oa's Rocket" I have a full legend on my BnB thread.

What do you mean by freezing dash? If it is what I think you're talking about, her slide, it is completely safe on block. Best thing to do is D1 to keep her in check afterwards.

Thanks for the support on the character. And yes, it was her slide. That's exactly what I'm doing d,1 but I just can't punish her with a full combo.

Thanks for the support on the character. And yes, it was her slide. That's exactly what I'm doing d,1 but I just can't punish her with a full combo.
You can't punish her because it's completely safe....she can bascially throw it out as much as she wants and not get punished for it on block.

I said to D1 her to keep her in check so she doesn't do slide into pressure. If she tries to move after the slide the D1 will hit.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
walk / duck is all you need to do. air fireballs are good if you're in range to hit him, then he can't hold it to hit you on the way down.

Joker is a terrible character. As long as you aren't careless and get yourself cornered there's really no reason to lose to Joker.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
The ONLY other thing you can do is AORs but the Joker player can easily just hold it until it'll trade.
:( thanks
walk / duck is all you need to do. air fireballs are good if you're in range to hit him, then he can't hold it to hit you on the way down.

Joker is a terrible character. As long as you aren't careless and get yourself cornered there's really no reason to lose to Joker.
this is true i just hate that it takes a while sometimes i wish there was unlimited time or something online