What's new

Counter run jabbing?

what can you do vs someone whos run jabbing you? i can usually take down peoples health 3/4 just by run jabbing. they get pissed and ask me what they can do, i dunno what to tell them.

Crouching Lowkick to a uppercut, or before you even get to the run jabbing madness do a aaHP (The cancled frame shit) follow this up with a uppercut right away... so when they start to run jab you they will get hit in the face by a aaHP then to a uppertcut, got this from shock vs bill.

We'll I dunno actually, you can try this:

Usually when I get run jabbered, I do a crouching lk then cross-up to a jump-punch starter and do: HK,LP , deep jk , aaSpear , HK,D+LP,D+HP , walk in, run burst , aaHP , jk , air-throw. 8)

I abuse the hell out of ducking LK. I know there are better options but it's to safe. You can do them at nearly any time and it's hard to get punished for them. I think knee lifts are the only problem to it, and some specials.

I'm with ya Dave 101, Push Kick, Push Kick, Push Kick. Hilarious, crazy effective.

You really gotta see how far your opponent wants to take his jabber rush too... sometimes (often even) you'll get run jab, run jab, kick combo starter. This is a bad position to be in for someone who's over addicted to Push Kicks, you'll get knee to the face regularly, then lost half your health.

Learn your opponent's rush quickly (it's hard to break habits sometimes) use that knowledge to find your out... being on the receiving end of a continuous run jab can have its benefits.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
With Kano, I've often shut down a barrage of run-jabs by doing a crouching LP, then immediately unleashing a cannonball. I'm not sure how sound of a technique this is, but I've managed to connect the cannonball an inordinate amount of times in both online and offline play (provided the crouching LP actually connected).

I'm guessing that most people react to the crouch LP by running in with an HK or something, so that's why they usually eat the cannonball.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The general response to being C LPed is "Move forward without blocking"

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
But don't forget that if someone like Jax is sweeping like crazy, Nightwolf for example, can run in and combo through the sweep just before it hits and Jax cannot do anything about it.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
i try to not repeat myself with the runjab dosis...run jabx2, knee...then one run jab, knee etc

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Shock said:
But don't forget that if someone like Jax is sweeping like crazy, Nightwolf for example, can run in and combo through the sweep just before it hits and Jax cannot do anything about it.
Oooh good point. I don't suppose there's any such thing as a "Kara Sweep," is there?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Not exactly, a literal kara sweep would be super broken, however Jax Kano and Sonya can block almost instantly after sweep contact.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
In other fighting games, there is a concept called "kara canceling" essentially, you perform a move without the actual intent of connecting it, canceling it into another move, generally as a bait. Canceling attacks to Zangief's piledrivers is a common tactic. There are other examples of the word "Kara" being used in video games.

In MK, Kara Jabbing is kind of like, throwing out a jab as a bait, canceling it to block, allowing you to counter something like the Spin with Kabal.

Busta was asking if there was a way to do this with sweeps.

MKK hanzo

LOL RZP remember whe we played last time and we blocked every Kabal dash Humberto threw at us? And he said that we were looking at his controls? That´s kara jabbing! LOL No really....