What's new

Could the 41 slots on the website be the base roster size?

What is the rosters release size going to be?

• Total voters

Nightwing Butt

The Hottest Butt In Comics
I know the leak from a while back has been spot on, so everyone is assuming that is the total roster size (or at least close to that). Leaving 9 of the websites empty slots for dlc. That does make sense, but I was thinking about it a lot today. Now I know thight might be a stretch, but what if the starting roster is 40 + Darkseid + 9 dlc rounding out to an even 50 slots total. Maybe it is wishful thinking, but that would leave room for characters like Lex, Sinestro, Hawkgirl, and MMH that are glaringly absent. Boon even said before you can't have a dc fighter without lex and joker. If it is 41 total that is fine, but the more I think about it the more sense it makes. If we have 29 characters all but confirmed now those extra 11 could go a long way! If 11 more characters are in the works I think it might look something like this:

Black Manta
Circe
Red Hood
Zatana
MMH
Lex
Sinestro
Hawkgirl
Beast Boy
Star Fire
Constantine

I doubt I would guess all 11 spot on, but some of those would be great. Spectre, Deadman, Merra, Barta, et cetera could easily replace some of those. This would add some characters who should really be in a dc fighter. This is just wishful thinking, but I thought it was worth posting. What does everyone think? Is this possible? Who would you guys add if 11 more slots were added to the base roster?

Nightwing Butt

disregarding your whole idea because of Beast boy and Starfire.
Why? They are requested by lots of casuals, and beast boy could rep the red since there is a rep for the green and the rot. Just pretend it says animal man and star sapphire because they are better anyway.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Roster size at launch will be 29 or 30. After all of the leaks, rumors, and the fact that the select screen always has 28 - 30 slots, it's safe to assume that's what it's going to be. I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything else other than that. I highly doubt the roster will have 32 at launch, let alone 41.

The site can't be trusted. It's always had 20 placeholder "lock" icons. Basically they keep updating the site with characters without taking away any placeholder slots, like they should be doing. So they keep ADDING instead of UPDATING.

My guess right now is 30 (if Mr. Freeze is a character). 15 heroes, 14 villains, but also Darkseid as day one DLC making technically 15 villains at launch.

But it could also be 29. 15 heroes, technically 14 villains, with the 9 DLC equaling out the sides at 19 heroes and 19 villains by the end.

We'll see.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Around 40, unfortunately. I know people like tons of characters, but that's a better thing for casuals, imo. The more you add the more the cream rises to the top and the bottom gets bigger and bigger. Nevermind the balancing challenges.

IMHO, anything above 24-26 characters is bloated and unneeded.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
That website has changed the slot size for weeks now. I has gone up & down so i wouldn't put too much effort into this

Gamer68

Fujin!
Keep in-mind that the guy who leaked that list is still being talked to, apparently. The only new thing that he's seen is Black Manta character art, and it seems that he will be one of the first DLC characters.

There are no super secret 10+ that are being hidden. There MIGHT (probably not) be 1 or 2 surprises, but that's it.

That website has changed the slot size for weeks now. I has gone up & down so i wouldn't put too much effort into this
Mainly just up. Like I posted above, they keep adding without taking away the locked slots. It's just them being lazy, that's all. It's starting to get to a unreasonable/unlikely number of characters.

Nightwing Butt

I'm not getting my hopes up because I know it is a slim chance, but I think there is a shot there may be more characters then the ones who were leaked.

RagsTheGoat

Booster Gold is in Injustice 2
Why? They are requested by lots of casuals, and beast boy could rep the red since there is a rep for the green and the rot. Just pretend it says animal man and star sapphire because they are better anyway.
Beast boy has no ties to the Red. at all. and the casual fans wouldnt know a good roster if it hit them

Nightwing Butt

Beast boy has no ties to the Red. at all. and the casual fans wouldnt know a good roster if it hit them
I mean I think it was hinted at in rotworld, but yeah it is never explicitly said. It's not like they couldn't for the sake of story make him rep the red though, and regardless the titans will probably be in there as dlc.

Nightwing Butt

Keep in-mind that the guy who leaked that list is still being talked to, apparently. The only new thing that he's seen is Black Manta character art, and it seems that he will be one of the first DLC characters.

There are no super secret 10+ that are being hidden. There MIGHT (probably not) be 1 or 2 surprises, but that's it.

Mainly just up. Like I posted above, they keep adding without taking away the locked slots. It's just them being lazy, that's all. It's starting to get to a unreasonable/unlikely number of characters.
Yeah I suspect it will be a few extra from what we know, and the site has a lot of slots due to neglect. I just thought it was a fun idea.

He said he saw the Black Manta art not too long after the list was posted, I know because my friend asked the Manta question. I agree that there might be a few surprises, 30 give or take a few is gonna be the roster.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Beast Boy could have one of the dopest movesets with some of the sickest animations ever committed to fighting games. Get over yourselves. We need more characters with creative powers that lend themselves well to endless gameplay design possibilities.

As amazing as it would be.. with the whole gear system I don't see that happening. I think we are getting the 28 or 30 characters base then 9 DLC and darkseid for a total of either 38 or 40. I just REALLY, REALLY hope that Mera will be a DLC!

Beast Boy could have one of the dopest movesets with some of the sickest animations ever committed to fighting games. Get over yourselves. We need more characters with creative powers that lend themselves well to endless gameplay design possibilities.
I don't see this happening. He's too complex, there's too many models to create, he would have half-assed transformations, frame rate would drop each time he changed models too. He just needs to stay dead honestly. We need more females, so bring Vixen in if you want an animal user.