What's new

Could Shang Tsung FINALLY get his old school Morph back?

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
With SSDs being the standard now, could Shang's morph finally return as it was back in the day? Would you want it to?

Personally, Shang was my favorite back in the MK2 days as you could play everyone and do every fatality just with him. Could we finally have that return? Or at least something similar?

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I doubt it's technically possible without a delay, but even if it was, I'm not sure I would want him to, it seems like it would be really overpowered.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Not possible to morph into every character on the roster, on the spot, with the current SSDs.

The options would be:
A) You'd need to preload the match for a considerable time before the fight starts (several minutes, IMO).
B) Have a pause of several seconds every time Shang morphs into someone (quite like MKTrilogy)
C) Select 3-4 morphs for Shang in the select screen (like some versions of MK Trilogy - I think the Nintendo version? Not sure).

Most likely scenario is C), it would increase the preload times but not by a very noticeable margin, and let's face it, I doubt even the most skilled top players in the world would want or need to switch into more than 4 characters - the matches are not that long, and the morphs have a short time anyways.

It's also how they handled Shang in the MK9 arcade ladder, he could change into 3 different random characters and that was it.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Not possible to morph into every character on the roster, on the spot, with the current SSDs.

The options would be:
A) You'd need to preload the match for a considerable time before the fight starts (several minutes, IMO).
B) Have a pause of several seconds every time Shang morphs into someone (quite like MK Trilogy)
C) Select 3-4 morphs for Shang in the select screen (like some versions of MK Trilogy - I think the Nintendo version? Not sure).

Most likely scenario is C), it would increase the preload times but not by a very noticeable margin, and let's face it, I doubt even the most skilled top players in the world would want or need to switch into more than 4 characters - the matches are not that long, and the morphs have a short time anyways.

It's also how they handled Shang in the MK9 arcade ladder, he could change into 3 different random characters and that was it.
Scenario C is really where my mind went as well. I would be wholly satisfied with that...if only they could/would do it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
With SSDs being the standard now, could Shang's morph finally return as it was back in the day? Would you want it to?

Personally, Shang was my favorite back in the MK2 days as you could play everyone and do every fatality just with him. Could we finally have that return? Or at least something similar?
He would be hella broken tho.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Isn't he low tier in UMK3? I feel like the mechanic sounds broke but really never lived up to the hype.

I'm expecting the same style of morph as MK11/MK9, but I hope the integrate it into his game plan a bit better. I wonder if we will see them play around with him morphing into a kameo

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Isn't he low tier in UMK3? I feel like the mechanic sounds broke but really never lived up to the hype.

I'm expecting the same style of morph as MK11/MK9, but I hope the integrate it into his game plan a bit better. I wonder if we will see them play around with him morphing into a kameo
I think it'd be cool if Shang could somehow morph your opponent's Kameo. Temporarily turn them into Meat or something. When they call their Kameo out Meat just falls over or explodes.