What's new

Could MK without special moves be a reality?

Well, they said they're going to trash everything. I dont think that means EVERYTHING, but Ive just been thinking about this... Could MKA be the last MK where we see Scorpion shoot his spear and tell them to "Get Over Here!!"? That would be pretty weird. I think if they want to make a Soul Calibur/Tekken type game, they should just incoporate special moves into the actual combos. That way, its just something cool to watch but not a move that can be abused over and over again (Dairou's Tombstone drop and many others...)

Nah. They have to keep the core element that made MK so awesome to begin with. Otherwise its just Virtua Fighter with Scorpion and Sub Zero.

But hey, This is Boon and Co. we're talking about here so you never know.

abc ur dead0 said:
Nah. They have to keep the core element that made MK so awesome to begin with. Otherwise its just Virtua Fighter with Scorpion and Sub Zero.

Well, since they are going to make alot of Characters like they said they will, I really finding it hard to believe they could actually come up with special moves for EVERY new character. I mean, something that we have never seen before. I think they should just have the move done inside the actual combo that way its not just abused.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There is no doubt in my mind that eventually the game will come down to the same old crap. They might start out with something different, and then start adding back in the other stuff. I don't see how fighting games can get much different and still be fun.

Kazlaz

Noob
DUDE THEYVE CRAWLED IN A HOLE AND GOT FUCKED OVER AND ARE GOING TO KEEP FUCKING AROUND AND MAKE NO MORE MONEY

krsx

Noob
If they did a prequel going WAY back, then it could work. Doesn't the story have Mortal Kombat as a legit Shaolin tournament before Shang Tsung comes along? That's the only way I could conceive it happening, but even then it's a stretch.

Would be cool though, I'd love to see some Tony Jaa style ass-kicking, bone-crunching true brutal MK violence. You know, dark, real gritty style martial arts...

An MK without special moves is just wanting to kill the franchise completely.

abc ur dead0 said:

it wouldn't be Virtua Fighter with scorpion and Sub - Zero, think of something that is stupid, like FIGHTER MAKER 2!!!! IT has nothing, and would totally make a perfect example of how MK would be without special moves!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kK0sUTALhg

TheRagingStorm said:
An MK without special moves is just wanting to kill the franchise completely.

abc ur dead0 said:

it wouldn't be Virtua Fighter with scorpion and Sub - Zero, think of something that is stupid, like FIGHTER MAKER 2!!!! IT has nothing, and would totally make a perfect example of how MK would be without special moves!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kK0sUTALhg
Yeah, maybe you're right. It sounds like a real stupid idea now, but atleast they shouldnt make certain moves so broken. Like Dairou's drop.