What's new

Costumes or Gear System for Mortal Kombat 11?

BruskyPoet

Johnny bought a car
Well that was just a joke design they made for the show, they never intended to keep it. It was a nice joke though.

You do realize they can make iconic looking designs and split them into gear pieces, right? They can get the classic skins and split them. Just because they split skins that should be made of of the splited pieces doesn't mean they are gonna make completely original skins out of them. Harley Quinn in IJ2 for example got a skin that is very resemble to her classic Batman cartoon skin out of gear pieces that you needed to unlock, so they can do the same thing for MK11, and perhaps make skins the fully resemble the originals.

Also for skins in MKX, yes Scorpion and Sub-Zero got more skins then anyone else, but Kitana, Liu Kang and Johnny Cage also got a good amount of skins, and all of the other non DLC chars got between 3-5 skins, and a good amount of the skins was for classic ones like the UMK3 male Ninjas, MK2 female Ninjas etc; and also Quan's MK4 skin, which was good considering that he got the same default MKDA skin all the way until MK9. Even his head and face structure across all of his skins, if you noticed, was the more realistic one he had in MK4, and not the less realistic one he had from MKDA until MK9.
Never said that they won't and can't do classic designs through the gear. I said NRS' logic is to make their own robo designs with a pinch of "classic stuff". I acknowledged and implied that I know there's classic stuff in I2. And even NRS said that themselves. They wanted to make everything match and as we can see they chose to do 90% original NRS designs.

Not sure why you're telling me which characters got skins in MKX. Quan Chi getting a MKDA skin would not even matter even if it was used so many times. It would've been just an alternate skin. Who cares?

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Never said that they won't and can't do classic designs through the gear. I said NRS' logic is to make their own robo designs with a pinch of "classic stuff". I acknowledged and implied that I know there's classic stuff in I2. And even NRS said that themselves. They wanted to make everything match and as we can see they chose to do 90% original NRS designs.

Not sure why you're telling me which characters got skins in MKX. Quan Chi getting a MKDA skin would not even matter even if it was used so many times. It would've been just an alternate skin. Who cares?
Ok I understand what you meant. In regards to that, even if what they make a handful of classic skins in IJ2 (and it's not a handful, for the record. Maybe it's a ton but not a handful either) that doesn't mean they can't show more classic stuff in MK11. And even then they aren't gonna use every single classic design even if by "classic" it means a previous skin used in one of the more latest MK games. But of course the are gonna put more oiginal stuff then classic stuff, they wanna show their creativity to the more modern days. And ti's not like the original stuff is bad. I myself have complete loadouts for every single character and some of them, if I may, are super cool looking.

I mentioned Quan Chi's design because you said the chars didn't got enough skins other then Scorpion and Sub-Zero and you used Quan's MKDA design as an example of a skin that should've made the cut. What I meant it say that the characters got enough amount of skins for each, and Scorpion and Sub are not the only ones who got a big amount of skins (Kitana, Liu and Cage), and as for Quan himself, yes there was a reason for not having that skin, as he used for 5 straight games, so even as an alternate skins it won't be necessary, but his MK4 skins wasn't used as much.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I like the gear, but so much of it seems very bland. I'd like team to takes notes from Namco if they go the gear route again.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Costumes because gears were a mistake and it didn't look like they really wanted to do it
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Even though now they've found a gear/skin system they can profit off of, its inevitable they do it again.
They won't lose money if they don't have to.

I hope they at least make them PURELY AESTHETIC and get rid of the pointless "Competitive Mode" divide.
That I could live with.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I like the gear, but so much of it seems very bland. I'd like team to takes notes from Namco if they go the gear route again.
I actually heard a lot of Tekken players complaining about Tekken 7's customization and it seems that IJ2's is the better one at that. I would go on and say the SC/Tekken customization is way to bizarre, NRS/WB should keep it the way it is.

Costumes because gears were a mistake and it didn't look like they really wanted to do it
Ed Boon said they've always wanted to give the players to personalize their characters. Of course NRS wanted to do it. And it wasn't a mistake, the Gear system is awesome.

I actually heard a lot of Tekken players complaining about Tekken 7's customization and it seems that IJ2's is the better one at that. I would go on and say the SC/Tekken customization is way to bizarre, NRS/WB should keep it the way it is.

Ed Boon said they've always wanted to give the players to personalize their characters. Of course NRS wanted to do it. And it wasn't a mistake, the Gear system is awesome.
Lol is he supposed to say our publisher told us to implement lootboxes in the game so we had to create the gear system?

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I honestly would totally prefer gear IF the gear options were starkly different from each other. AND if I could color my characters how I see fit. I know it won't happen, but I would totally love a Tekken Customization system where I can give Kitana short blonde hair, or I could make Tanya darkskin