What's new

Costumes or Gear System for Mortal Kombat 11?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I would say a combination of both.

I LOVE the option of having full creativity to customize your character to however you see fit, but having outfits is awesome to have as well.

There should be a balance of both.

exisTenz

Noob
I like costumes better because there are more possibilities to change the looks of the character rather than with gear. A lot of gear looks pretty same-ish in I2 and I don't like the whole loot box system.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I like costumes better because there are more possibilities to change the looks of the character rather than with gear. A lot of gear looks pretty same-ish in I2 and I don't like the whole loot box system.
There's even more possibilities to fully customize the look with gear. EXCEPT alot of ppl don't like it I2 because the lack of variety. That i get. But that could be changed implementing that in MK11 by learning from its mistakes on I2

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I think the best thing will be for each character to have one default skin, one alternative skin, and a customization slot for maybe 3 more skins. If I really have to go with just one, I would go with Gear, although going with skins will be good too.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Gear seems more appropriate for MK. There's so many iconic looks DC characters have had over the years that apparently cannot be replicated with gear and has made the whole gear system (imo) a joke. However, Raiden and Sub can look amazingly different and really cool with all the gear options they have which makes me feel like it would be better suited for MK characters.

BruskyPoet

Johnny bought a car
Oh god. Please no gear for MK11. I don't want any robot shit on Liu Kang. If you can't put Captain Cold's hood up, sleeveless Bane, or Shredder Sub, I wouldn't be surprised if you wouldn't be able to put a fucking bandana on Liu Kang. I don't want any of that. Costumes for sure. And please have some from the 3D era. Hated how in MKX it was just MK1-MK3. Tired of them milking the trilogy era. Gib me Deception Liu and Sub.

BruskyPoet

Johnny bought a car
Whaaa!? Have you, like, seen Raiden's gear much?
Although Raiden's gear is great, the small things like no Dark Raiden shader that changes his eyes to red or orange, something as simple as that which isn't in the game is scary for MK. What if something as simple as that is plagued across the gear system for MK11? No scar for Sub-Zero? Bandanaless Liu Kang? Wew.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Although Raiden's gear is great, the small things like no Dark Raiden shader that changes his eyes to red or orange, something as simple as that which isn't in the game is scary for MK. What if something as simple as that is plagued across the gear system for MK11? No scar for Sub-Zero? Bandanaless Liu Kang? Wew.
I have faith in NRS. Raiden didn't have to have a dark Raiden shader in Injustice, same as Sub-Zero. MK is another story. I bet if they do gear, Sub's gonna have his Shredder pieces. If you don't want that, then the cold is your enemy.

BruskyPoet

Johnny bought a car
I have faith in NRS. Raiden didn't have to have a dark Raiden shader in Injustice, same as Sub-Zero. MK is another story. I bet if they do gear, Sub's gonna have his Shredder pieces. If you don't want that, then the cold is your enemy.
I don't even know if we'd get shredder Sub in an MK game. NRS almost never caters to the 3D era. We haven't had that costume since MKA.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Hey Guys and Gals!

just a simple question, what would you prefer for the future NRS game, costumes or gear? and why?

:)
I don't mind RNG gear piece drops as long as:
  1. No stats attached to gear, it's purely aesthetic.
  2. Gear pieces have multiple varied styles and designs.
  3. There's still premium skins for "psuedo characters" (IE if Goro is in, Sheeva should be a skin)

Last edited:

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I don't even know if we'd get shredder Sub in an MK game. NRS almost never caters to the 3D era. We haven't had that costume since MKA.
Well, with gear there's a possibility at least. Don't think they'd give him that entire costume if they did only costumes.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Almost never? Adding Quan Chi, Shinnok, Kenshi, Tanya and Bo' Rai Cho as playable characters, bringing Dark Raiden back, and bringing back the Sky Temple, the Lin Kuei Temple and Quan Chi's Fortress stages, all which were introduced in the 3D era, how come NRS never or almost never cater to the 3D era with all of these characters and stages?

BruskyPoet

Johnny bought a car
Almost never? Adding Quan Chi, Shinnok, Kenshi, Tanya and Bo' Rai Cho as playable characters, bringing Dark Raiden back, and bringing back the Sky Temple, the Lin Kuei Temple and Quan Chi's Fortress stages, all which were introduced in the 3D era, how come NRS never or almost never cater to the 3D era with all of these characters and stages?
Notice the "almost" in my reply. Out of all the MK4 characters, Quan Chi and Shinnok always come back. Because...favoritism. An example being Quan Chi's presence in MK 2011 where he literally had nothing to do with the original MK1-MK3 story. But they shoehorned him in there because they just like him. Tanya is just there because it's the name of Ed's sister. It's also why Sonya keeps coming back. Kenshi is one of those characters where fans don't bandwagon hate on because he looks cool. And Bo' Rai Cho is also one of Ed's and NRS' favorites so they don't care about the bandwagon hate he's been getting.

Quan Chi's fortress, Lin Kuei temple, and Sky Temple is just the name pasted onto a stage that does not resemble the original in any sort of way. I guess they do count as a piece of something returning from the 3D era but notice how far off they look from the original, it's as if they wanted to play it off as a completely original stage that originated in MKX and not MKDA and MKD.

Last edited:

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Costumes. I am OK with the gear system, but it is not something I would ever ask for again. Needlessly complicated, and takes my focus away from playing the game.