What's new

Question Cornered, What's best to do?

Pushblock would be the wisest choice. Costs a bar but gets you out of trouble.

If they're wailing on you up close, wait for them to use something with a fair bit of recovery and then punish with 111-shackles

Meterburn an interactable if there's one near you. That way you'll get a hard knock down and super armor as you pull off the interactable.

Remember that you have a throw.

D1 is a low with fast start up that can link into shackles.

If they are jumping in whilst you're in a corner: D2-B1-Shackles

Depending on who puts you into the corner and what they do, I would recommend just going into training mode, pick the character giving you trouble, set it to record, re-enact the situations that are hard for you, and then use all of the above to find out which works best for each situation. The pushblock would be your safest option.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I played a Doomsday that kept DF2 me in the corner last night and I push blocked him and MB interacts with every chance that I had.

Also shackles like above poster said. If you can get a string with shackles after a punish you can put them in the corner and either zone them by fleeing or punish them to pieces.

I do use push block a lot with Sinestro more so than I do with Aquaman because I have his trait to work with.

Le Froglet

GT: TheFrog 87
Ah wow thanks alot, great help you know the d1-shackles if the d1 connects is the shackles guarantied or can they d1/block out of it?

Yea Doomsday was giving me a good ol rolluck in :p

I'll take the advice on board. Cheers.

LEGEND

YES!
aside from pushblocking (cause you don't always have the meter or sometimes can't afford to burn it) you can look for an opening to D1, once you've landed a D1 you can try for a jump mix-up with the Axe of Fear, this more depends on the character you're fighting though cause some attacks can still hit you out of the air when you go to jump.

Though if you hit confirm the D1 you can get a free throw or string

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
aside from pushblocking (cause you don't always have the meter or sometimes can't afford to burn it) you can look for an opening to D1, once you've landed a D1 you can try for a jump mix-up with the Axe of Fear, this more depends on the character you're fighting though cause some attacks can still hit you out of the air when you go to jump.

Though if you hit confirm the D1 you can get a free throw or string
^^^

what he said

land a d1 you 're +14 frames on hit so then do b213 which is + on hit moving them half screen away and is + on block but no one yet has blocked the overhead low mid mix up yet

Also d1 shackles

trait shot into whatever

d1 throw

d3 jump over axe

push block

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Standing 3 is also a great way to get out of the corner. It pushes them back almost as far as pushblocking does on block, is safe, and it comes out pretty fast. If it hits/trades it sends them 3/4 screen away, so it's a pretty good option.

I've found D1 to standing 3 to be pretty effective too, especially against opponents who are wise to D1 Shackles and keep blocking after the D1.

If you are cornered to a stage transition, you can land a b13 dash under them 22 shackles b3 and laugh

just be carefull, i imagine b13 is punishible