What's new

Tech Corner Traps

Noob
Hey fellow NW users. i wanted to share a sort of tech i found out with NW that could lead into a very weird vortex like situation on the corner, unfortunally i dont have means of recording this Tech so i would like request that if someone could try this out and make a prof of concept vid of the tech i would be very gratefull. Allow me to explain said tech then:

Considering that NW is very good at carying the oponent to the Wall i feel this tech can generate a very nice reset and even if the opponent is fortunate enouth to block you will be at +10 advantage or safe in some cases.

just for pratice exemple, while your opponent is in the corner, do your tipical combo starter be this 22 into fury, f213-escrima fury it all works so take your pick. after fury ends and ur opponent goes air born do a fj2 at the top height of the juggle Once u land just do a standing 3 but wiff it, Make sure you go under your oponents body. At this point you have crossedup your oponent, so now you are the one in the corner but u will be right on top of his body so it will be very hard to figure out who is where, if they are not aware of this tech (you can also dash underhim but its not as effective since if you wiff the standing 3 it will just look like to dropped your combo and not a setup) After this i tried a few things i found very nice:

Spiningheel kick (up3) if timed correctly will crossup yet again putting him back in the corner and its an overhead or a low if you do (up,down3) that is very hard to block cause it hits on top of his head. If it is blocked leaves u at +10 for more pressure . the spinkick low will cross up and NW will autocorrect himself to cross up low leaving you at +9 if Blocked. If you change the timing a bit it will not cross up but leaves more vunerable to wake ups or c jabs...

FlipKick- this move will cross up just like Spiningheel Kick leaving the oponent back on the corner but if scouted and blocked will leave you unsafe on most cases even the MB version. But if you MB and hits its a garanted corner combo.

Back2 Overhead- is very nice once you install the crossup fear into your oponent since its very fast and hard to block on reaction, you can also use Back13 for the low string if u think they are blocking high.

Now in this tech you can wake up and tech rol out of it but in none of those situations your oponente will be safe and let me give you an example: first thing is that after the wiff3 you will be the one in the corner so the wake up inputs for them will be switched so he might end up either doing the wrong wake up or for some characters no wake up at all. second: most wakeups have a foward momentum making them move towards the corner and unsafe, ready for you to punish if scouted. Third and this one is very nice, wakeups such as KF slide get complitly punished if you use FlipKick since she will slide her way back into the corner while you are airborn. ( SpiningHeel Kick also jumps over her slide but if timed incorrecly she will hit you so be carefull). Another fun fact about this tech, lets for example take a map like Atlantis, we all know everyone likes to play on Atlantis, and god knows we love us some corner Interactables right guys? Wrong, if your oponent gets caught off guard and tries to use a MB interactable nothing will happen cause your the one in the corner even tho it doesnt look or feel like it.

I Hope this is usefull for my fellow NW users, and please if you come up with more interesting tech related to this set up feel free to share would love to see what you guys come up with, Again sorry to not be able to show this in a vid it would be so much easier to explain but i do hope someone finds this interesting and makes a vid of this explaining the situation a little better with visual aid.

Thank you so much and keep on playing with ur Dicks lol