What's new

Tech Corner Stuff and Ghetto Stuff

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
***Disclaimer. These are some things I think can be nasty. Some of them are tricks that should only be used once in a blue moon, however, they are tools that Skarlet can use. Some people will say, 'Skarlet player need to focus on fundamentals!!!' and I agree, however these are a couple weapons she can use in the right situations.

This first video is an expansion on Eddy's b113 corner reset. I think this might be a reason to use the b113 reset sometimes in the corner rather than 112. Ending in 112 is great, we know the advantages, but ending in b113 gives you a couple other choices/ guesses the opponent has to make. 1 is that you just jump and down dagger which was shown in Eddy's original video. 2 however, is that you can cross them up while they are grounded. I saw this while watching TakeAChance's Jade corner video and thought why can't Skarlet have this too? So, end with b113, you can cross them up while grounded putting yourself in the corner, in a position to either just reverse their inputs or jump over them again putting them back in the corner. This video shows ending in b113 in the corner then crossing up by dashing, then jumping over them to start another guessing game, then shows just crossing over the grounded and using f4 to start a combo.

This second video shows another possibility in the corner off from the same combo. I have been thinking about what makes Skarlet unique, and one of the things is that she can cancel the dagger into a jump where she can use another dagger. Big deal, we all know this. Well, people might not expect you to use the first dagger to end a combo, then the jump cancel then down dagger to OTG...

This looks like a dropped combo at first but ends up placing Skarlet in perfect footsies space. She is so far away that it looks like a d4 will whiff but it hits. This is a great range for Skarlet. This spacing, plus the trickery that sets this up makes this interesting.

This next video is a ghetto reset that I use that I find really useful. This is in part inspired by something I used to do with Jade when I played her using 34 shadow kick to whiff underneath them, then use u3 or just jump cross them to make them whiff their inputs to setup another opportunity. This is also inspired by Reptiles empty dashes across you while you lay down. Skarlet gets some free cross ups while they lay down after certain situations. After b11f4 hits, she can dash then 2 red dash, which crosses under them, then she can cross over them while they lay there reversing their inputs again,if you want, you still have enough time to cross up again by jumping over them for a jip attempt. This is mind fuckery and you can cross them 3 times, or 2 times, or 1, or whatever you like. Here is my go to for this situation... This is not something you should use all the time all over the place, however, it is a nasty lil son of a bitch that can get you a nice ghetto reset. I hit people with this and I'm not sure they even know they are being reset, they think I've whiffed stuff.

In my video I just keep doing it over and over, we all know that won't work... but it sure is fun against someone who doesn't know what's going on. It has worked well against my best foes in certain situations.

Lastly, this is a dagger variation on the last reset. Again, thinking of what makes Skarlet unique, and what might be useful in the mind games. This is a whiffed dagger canceled into jump down dagger OTG. This is the harder of the two ghetto reset I'm sharing here. The reason this works is because it looks like you fucked up the combo, everyone and their mother will think you are free for punishment after you end the combo with a whiffed single dagger, this is a perfect time to cancel jump and OTG them. You whiff a dagger underneath them, them jump cancel and hit them OTG.

Are any of these the #1 ways to do things all the time? Probably not. Are they even safe or respectable, nope. Are they dirty, shameless, total hail Mary risks? Hell yes. Thats what makes them fun. I expect most replies to explain to me why these don't work... However, they are interesting, in the right situation. They are mind games.

ryublaze

Noob
Those look like really cool ghetto resets Johnny2d . Have you tried these with tech roll on? It seems like everyone always forgets to test stuff with tech roll nowadays lol.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
These are solid tricks to be used like you said once in awhile. You can use them more if the opponent struggles to adapt.

I especially like the dashing forward in the corner after B113, and the intentionally whiffing the dagger midscreen to reset with iaDD.

Johnny2d

Roll changes things in some cases but people don't usually roll in the corner. In the other cases it's still confusing.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Some players prefer to stay grounded when they're on the floor and see skarlet moving.
If they tech roll while you move they'll wakeup attack.

Good stuff Johnny, the variety with skarlet is really important, i will definitely analyze it in combat using it more than once and see how they'll manage it.

The dash in the corner is nearly invisible and it seems to happen in the frame advantage before they have time to tech roll, so if they read it and tech wakeup from there, i'm pretty sure there is still time for a crossover jump and put them back in the corner.

Johnny2d

If done right you can walk forward without dashing and it can work but its hard.

Another strange thing. At the end of the combo, you can cancel a dash with A jump. Weirdly, you can dash then jump immediately without the dash finishing. I don t know if this Is known or not but you can cancel your dash with a jump.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If done right you can walk forward without dashing and it can work but its hard.

Another strange thing. At the end of the combo, you can cancel a dash with A jump. Weirdly, you can dash then jump immediately without the dash finishing. I don t know if this Is known or not but you can cancel your dash with a jump.

Yes, dash can be jump canceled

AssassiN

Noob
I love gimmicks, I've been using the dagger cancel into OTG myself.
Part of a little unbreakable I've got going on myself.

Didn't know that the 2,RD gave so much advantage that you can RD over them again.
Will be remembering and using that one, thanks.

Another gimmick is at the end of a midscreen combo is inputting F4 or 23 into bloodball.
Creates some nice distance, builds a lot of meter, does more damage then the normal enders, possibly catching them off-guard into more damage and she is at around 0.

Johnny2d

I love gimmicks, I've been using the dagger cancel into OTG myself.
Part of a little unbreakable I've got going on myself.

Didn't know that the 2,RD gave so much advantage that you can RD over them again.
Will be remembering and using that one, thanks.

Another gimmick is at the end of a midscreen combo is inputting F4 or 23 into bloodball.
Creates some nice distance, builds a lot of meter, does more damage then the normal enders, possibly catching them off-guard into more damage and she is at around 0.
What is your unbreakable combo if I might ask? I'm looking for unbreakables.

AssassiN

Noob
What is your unbreakable combo if I might ask? I'm looking for unbreakables.

F4~RD~DS, IAFD, GDJC(grounded dagger jump cancel), IACD(you can change this to EX for some extra chip damage)
Doesn't do a lot of damage, but it's something.

Johnny2d

To me, Skarlet Unbreakable damage are her long ass chip blockstings ^^
Yup. I'm curious about unbreakable situations and what people use though. How do people handle the end of the match in stations where they gain breaker?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yup. I'm curious about unbreakable situations and what people use though. How do people handle the end of the match in stations where they gain breaker?

Force Breaker, then kill it, generaly, if you have meter they'll try to avoid armored pressure by jumping out, so fake a rushed dash and punish is the right thing to do.
They don't want to block standing

ryublaze

Noob

Depends on the combo. Sometimes I like to use EX Air Dagger or blood ball, but Skarlet's unbreakable damage kinda sucks cuz her daggers don't do much. Blood ball is probably the best bet cuz it does 6% chip, or if you can get all three daggers to hit off of an EX Air Dagger (i think that alone does like 6%).

Johnny2d

Depends on the combo. Sometimes I like to use EX Air Dagger or blood ball, but Skarlet's unbreakable damage kinda sucks cuz her daggers don't do much. Blood ball is probably the best bet cuz it does 6% chip, or if you can get all three daggers to hit off of an EX Air Dagger (i think that alone does like 6%).
I like blood ball a lot too...

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
you have to mave meter to do any unbreakable stuff. AND you never want to juggle them.

they cant breaker the EDC so...
I usually will do f4 EDC jip (blockstring) When ever you think they will breaker or let go of block in order to breaker a hit, use EDC.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
U3 starters to Unbreakable damage seems pretty legit, especially in the corner where you can hit 30% at least