What's new

Tech - Cyrax Corner 1 bar setup

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I posted this in the general discussion but after further testing I have some numbers to add. I didn't think this tech was that useful but aI'm rethinking it. These are numbers tested by putting the AI to auto block and different reversals (Kung Lao's spin, Reptile's slides and Goro's command grab mostly).

What you do is end a combo in ex saw (which is a HKD), lay down a close bomb and oki the hell out of them. The important part is to bait their wakeup. If they have no bar then......................................... They gotta guess.

Options:
  • B3D4. This is done immediately after the bomb to create a Fun To Blockable. Whether they delay or not is irrelevant as they have to eat the low>overhead>low in quick succession either way. Armor beats this. This setup is around -8 to -9. It can be made completely safe if you go for the full string but you get no combo then.
  • RC 21. This is done right after laying down a bomb on a read that they'll wake up. If you break the armor you get a full combo, if you don't you're +2 with a bomb waiting to explode which is still a very good situation. If you whiff you recover in time to 50/50 them on delayed WU.
  • A slight delay into F34 (without gaps) is at worst -5. This will crush high hitting WU's.
  • A meaty B1 will create a quick OH Low block and is ~-1 on block.
  • A meaty B3 (to create a non-mixup mixup) is at worst -5.
  • A meaty NJP (to create OH/Low in quick succession) is at least +11.
  • A meaty B2 is around -7.
  • Throw.
The reason why B1 and B2 frames don't really change is that they hit so close to the explosion and recover too slow. B3 recovers more a lot faster and will thus benefit from this.

Bear in mind ALL these options combos which can be looped back into itself for another bar. The exception is the throw which (if they don't tech it) will cost you two bars to loop into itself (tech roll, wake up EX Saw, otherwise D1 saw for meterless damage) giving you mid 20's to 30's. The timing for the meaty is really easy, just throw out the bomb, whiff a d3 and go for the meaty. This is will also crush any reversal throws attempts as well.

@scarsunseen
@JDM
@MadeOfMetal
@xxFalcon Loverxx
@PND_Mustard

Iono just tagging some people I've seen in the cyrax forum.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
hey this is good tech and super viable, not to down play any of it at all, i used it before on occasion, but i rather prefer the following:

Metered bomb setup which is generally easy to get started assuming you open them up with 111,Low or OH. and on end of combo you can either EX bomb to break armor or double bomb lay close low then mid low into various setups.

B1 after double bomb will stuff jump and armor. F131 after double bomb will stuff techroll and will combo. B3D4 after double bomb will stuff jump backdash and armor.

basically depending on what they do you have a different setup to do, the F13 is reactible in the sense you can B3 stop and react to the tech roll and struff it but thats about it.

if you understand what i mean, there is Meterless ways to achieve this same tech you are showing, and note i am not saying your tech is not great and very much usable, it is, and i would reccommend throwing it in your game to throw therm off to be unpredictable but there are plenty of options.

id upload some tech of my own, but atm im running on a HDTV at a 70ms Input Delay with 45ms Display response time.

i have a
Asus VS278Q Gaming Monitor 1ms response / 10ms Input Delay
on the way as we speak i should have it by the 1st,

what im saying is i notice the difference in my combo setups on this TV compared to the Locals i attend on gaming monitors.
i can't make combos as tight as usual, i can hardly counter poke online with my HDTV.

Last edited:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
hey this is good tech and super viable, not to down play any of it at all, i used it before on occasion, but i rather prefer the following:

Metered bomb setup which is generally easy to get started assuming you open them up with 111,Low or OH. and on end of combo you can either EX bomb to break armor or double bomb lay close low then mid low into various setups.

B1 after double bomb will stuff jump and armor. F131 after double bomb will stuff techroll and will combo. B3D4 after double bomb will stuff jump backdash and armor.

basically depending on what they do you have a different setup to do, the F13 is reactible in the sense you can B3 stop and react to the tech roll and struff it but thats about it.

if you understand what i mean, there is Meterless ways to achieve this same tech you are showing, and note i am not saying your tech is not great and very much usable, it is, and i would reccommend throwing it in your game to throw therm off to be unpredictable but there are plenty of options.
Well the difference is the HKD so you basically just have to guess armor or no armor.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Well the difference is the HKD so you basically just have to guess armor or no armor.
yes true but some times i use NJK to set up the 2 bombs which works almost as close of timing as yours. but good shit bro.

i tip my hat to you, anyone willing to help cyrax out is ok in my book. this might change him for the better. ill definitely try to use it more in my gameplan, and see if i can make it work, i use meter to continue HTB's and armor break setups so i usually have none after using standing armor to blow up gaps or escape corner pressure. but ill try to save it more.