What's new

Question - Stunt Double Cooldown Time?

XEVILCl0wnX

I'm in a near character crisis.
I love playing Johnny Cage in A-List, but I want to play Stunt Double effectively as well. However, ever since I've been learning Stunt Double, I don't know the exact seconds till the cool down ends.

I love playing Johnny Cage in A-List, but I want to play Stunt Double effectively as well. However, ever since I've been learning Stunt Double, I don't know the exact seconds till the cool down ends.

~5-6 seconds. really high compared to other state/buff moves.

part of the key to learning stunt double is managing the clones as a resource, which takes some practice but is completely doable. i'd suggest figuring out rhythms and optimization in your play that makes sure you always have at least 1 clone (i.e. combos that last long enough to eat up the cool down, where you can activate in neutral, etc)

Bryck Walle

Counting the Days for the JCVD Johnny Costume!
While the cool down is 5-6 seconds. It resets EVERYTIME you use one of your clones. Anytime you use a clone you have to wait the 5-6 seconds. I've found it relatively hard to activate against a Raiden or anyone who can punish you full screen on reaction. I've also found success in trying to bait them into thinking I'm going to activate for a full punish. All part of the mind games.