What's new

Cool reptile Mix ups.

Nice mix posted by my friend XXXantijoshXXX, really nice if you could add this to your game with all of the previous mix ups and Resets already out with reptile. (just for the people who are lacking mix ups, and wanna add new ones, I suggest these, they are nice.)

those mix ups are so sick. like a more practical version of tylerlantern's stuff. A+ for style. how strict is the timing for the dash, d4 xx acid hand after xray?

Migaluch

Double Dasher
Awesome video, but I can't pull this stuff of quite yet. Must improve first! d4 into acid hand is one of my favorite moves though haha ill try that after an elbow dash.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Meter...who needs it in high level play?! Oh, wait...

A NJP or two would be advised, as well! Also, Reptile's x-ray scales like shit in combos, if you opponent is low on life, has 2 bars, and you manage to catch them in a FB and you've got meter...go for it. FBs are unbreakable. But never use the damn thing in a combo because it sucks in that use.

Migaluch

Double Dasher
Meter...who needs it in high level play?! Oh, wait...

A NJP or two would be advised, as well! Also, Reptile's x-ray scales like shit in combos, if you opponent is low on life, has 2 bars, and you manage to catch them in a FB and you've got meter...go for it. FBs are unbreakable. But never use the damn thing in a combo because it sucks in that use.
I'd just like to add that I love how useful Reptile's X-Ray is as a punish because it grabs you in the air and has some armor, so that just gives more reason NOT to use it in combos because its use is far better in other applications. Pretty common knowledge, but I just wanted to comment. :)

Letting you baboons all know, The x ray ones are a waste of meter, all of the other ones, are not. Reptile on a proper mix up with bars can chip a total of 40-50% damage, and its great... Why save meter when you can build it like a mad man? Sheesh. It was a video to simply SHOW new mix ups.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Letting you baboons all know, The x ray ones are a waste of meter, all of the other ones, are not. Reptile on a proper mix up with bars can chip a total of 40-50% damage, and its great... Why save meter when you can build it like a mad man? Sheesh. It was a video to simply SHOW new mix ups.
1) there are ways to do this that dont require meter at all.
2) These mixups aren't new, its just that no one wants to use them, because they're ok at best. It is pointless to do ex acid hand into ex sfb, how much damage did you just do for the cost of two bars? No way its more than 30%. You did a d4 into 2 ex elbow dashes that were both blocked, you really wasted two bars for chip?

i'll do em cause they look effin sweeeeet!!! i guess if ur main reason for playing the game is to win then yeah what you said makes sense but if ur just having casual matches or playing for fun.....why not? they look awesome.

1) there are ways to do this that dont require meter at all.
2) These mixups aren't new, its just that no one wants to use them, because they're ok at best. It is pointless to do ex acid hand into ex sfb, how much damage did you just do for the cost of two bars? No way its more than 30%. You did a d4 into 2 ex elbow dashes that were both blocked, you really wasted two bars for chip?
30% off one bar, and 20% chip damage with another bar.

On top of that the dumby reptile idiot who thinks not using bar with reptile is a waste, look at this. I have a little own of my mix ups I do. 321 reptiliian dash 122 EH slow ball 32 invisiblity reptillian dash (cross up, which the damage is at now 35%) D4 ENhanced dash 321 Acid Hand, which is a total of 20% chip damage. YOu can't tell me that saving meter with reptile is a smart idea, do you have any idea how FAST he builds it? Im on xbox, people say I'm one of the best reptiles on xbox, I don't think I am, but people say so. I know what im talking about. If you have two bars, get ready to bum rush it because chances are, your opponent will get frusrated.

3,2,1,elbow dash,1,2,2,Enhanced Slowball,3,2,invisibility = 27%. With a JIP = 30%
d4,Enhanced Elbow Dash = 7% block damage.
3,2,1,Acid Hand = 7% block damage.
41% damage if you land it all. 44% if you land a JIP.

Looks legit to me man, especially since if they dont block the last 3,2,1 for whatever reason you could actually go back into a combo.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
30% off one bar, and 20% chip damage with another bar.
There is no need to burn meter to CHIP...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?! I can do more chip off of my zoning game, and then if I cause a mistake I can do a 26% combo to punish, guess how much meter I burn...0...bars.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
On top of that the dumby reptile idiot who thinks not using bar with reptile is a waste, look at this. I have a little own of my mix ups I do. 321 reptiliian dash 122 EH slow ball 32 invisiblity reptillian dash (cross up, which the damage is at now 35%) D4 ENhanced dash 321 Acid Hand, which is a total of 20% chip damage. YOu can't tell me that saving meter with reptile is a smart idea, do you have any idea how FAST he builds it? Im on xbox, people say I'm one of the best reptiles on xbox, I don't think I am, but people say so. I know what im talking about. If you have two bars, get ready to bum rush it because chances are, your opponent will get frusrated.
I'm fully aware of how fast Reptile builds meter, but just because he gets it fast doesn't mean you you have to burn it all for chip, it's a pointless tactic that can cost you against people who actually know how to play. Reptile does all the chip in the world and gets anywhere from 26-37% and guess what he gets to keep the bars for breaker just in case.

Edit: I'm not trying to stir up anything so I'll just end with this, if these tactics work for you online that's great, but as an offline tournament player I personally don't see any practicality in these.

I'm fully aware of how fast Reptile builds meter, but just because he gets it fast doesn't mean you you have to burn it all for chip, it's a pointless tactic that can cost you against people who actually know how to play. Reptile does all the chip in the world and gets anywhere from 26-37% and guess what he gets to keep the bars for breaker just in case.

Edit: I'm not trying to stir up anything so I'll just end with this, if these tactics work for you online that's great, but as an offline tournament player I personally don't see any practicality in these.
You obviously arent fully aware of what a mix up can do.. If when you hit the 44% combo + chip, Do you know what can happen? YOU CAN PRESSURE YOU OPPONENT TO DO SOMETHING EVEN MORE STUPID. Its Thats exactly why when ever im a reptile, I can pressure the other person shitless!

There is no need to burn meter to CHIP...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?! I can do more chip off of my zoning game, and then if I cause a mistake I can do a 26% combo to punish, guess how much meter I burn...0...bars.
As much as you might think Reptile is a zoner.. You clearly do not even know how to play reptile. You cannot Chip while zoning, thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Comboing, inivisblity+chip while invisible is pressure to the extreme.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
As much as you might think Reptile is a zoner.. You clearly do not even know how to play reptile. You cannot Chip while zoning, thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Comboing, inivisblity+chip while invisible is pressure to the extreme.
Reptile is a zoner as well as a rushdown character, all atttacls do chip so your a fucking retard, and just because you don't use thezoning aspects of the character doesn't mean he isnt a fantastic zoner, at any point in the match you can't instantly switch to rushdown. Watch any Chris g or thtb video you'll see it. I promise you you won't see double ex elbow dashes for measly chip damage, you play with what works for you online and that's cool, but take that shit to a tourny and yer fried.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
You obviously arent fully aware of what a mix up can do.. If when you hit the 44% combo + chip, Do you know what can happen? YOU CAN PRESSURE YOU OPPONENT TO DO SOMETHING EVEN MORE STUPID. Its Thats exactly why when ever im a reptile, I can pressure the other person shitless!
You dint pressure people into stupid shit, people were going to do it anyway because they arent good, and you can pressure without using all your meter, you seem to just be skipping over that point. Reptile DOESN'T NEED METER TO WIN. You can save it and use it for ex fb's or how bout a breaker in case you "incredible pressure" falls through the cracks I.e. you can't elbow dash.

Edit: I will not be dignifying you and your huge ego with anymore responses, its like I said twice already, if it works for you online word, but ill play the character for real and win.

You dint pressure people into stupid shit, people were going to do it anyway because they arent good, and you can pressure without using all your meter, you seem to just be skipping over that point. Reptile DOESN'T NEED METER TO WIN. You can save it and use it for ex fb's or how bout a breaker in case you "incredible pressure" falls through the cracks I.e. you can't elbow dash.

Edit: I will not be dignifying you and your huge ego with anymore responses, its like I said twice already, if it works for you online word, but ill play the character for real and win.
Who are Chris G and THTB to declare how reptile should waste meter. ALl im saying, Wastnig meter with reptile is not a bad thing, it pisses your opponent off. ALl of these "tourny players" i've played, and I have beaten. I've played Habity, whooped him crapless. Curbolicious, whopped him crapless.. Most of these "tourny" players actually are a step behind some of the players, they are NOT the best.

sLeeK

Noob
Who are Chris G and THTB to declare how reptile should waste meter. ALl im saying, Wastnig meter with reptile is not a bad thing, it pisses your opponent off. ALl of these "tourny players" i've played, and I have beaten. I've played Habity, whooped him crapless. Curbolicious, whopped him crapless.. Most of these "tourny" players actually are a step behind some of the players, they are NOT the best.
I guess you forget the fact online vs offline are two different feels concerning gameplay.. So beating tourny players is nothing to be proud of. I've played my fair share of tourny players(detroitballing, marvaz, etc.) and I can tell you one thing wasting meter in combos shown in this video will not get you wins consistently playing high caliber players, however the invis pressure is nice. These combos would be mainly used if you want to get fancy w/ reptile playing scrubs. Meter is more important then your life bar period

I guess you forget the fact online vs offline are two different feels concerning gameplay.. So beating tourny players is nothing to be proud of. I've played my fair share of tourny players(detroitballing, marvaz, etc.) and I can tell you one thing wasting meter in combos shown in this video will not get you wins consistently playing high caliber players, however the invis pressure is nice. These combos would be mainly used if you want to get fancy w/ reptile playing scrubs. Meter is more important then your life bar period
You see, this is where you are wrong.... With reptile, theres no such thing as wasting meter, because the way you are supposed to use meter is for it to HIT people. Not just out in the open, If I got a bar, Ill use it when ever I know I can use it as a tool, poke, and I can get a bar back in about no time with out trouble..

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
Normally I'd be inclined to say "ladies, play nice" or something, but the blatant disregard for meter management is a little unsettling. Is it worth it to burn meter? Depends. I've definitely back-to-back EX dash (into a slide when the 2nd dash was blocked), but only when I know the chip alone will kill. Burning meter like this mid-match is a huge mistake because it assumes the opponent will shit themself silly under pressure. Some of these mixups are cool but terrifying when risk/reward is considered. Your post x-ray/invis/whatever dash-> pressure is going to be a huge mistake against an opponent with an ex armored wakeup. I would do shit like this on a quan/shang all day, but I wouldn't be caught dead dashing in like that against Rain or Lao. Muffin, I'm glad you've had success online, but the offline experience is way different. Making claims about the online community being steps ahead of the offline competitive community is pretty ignorant. Where did you place at EVO? Summer Jam? MLG? When was the last time you tested your superior online skills against PerfectLegend or CD Jr. or Maxter?

I'm glad "the way you are supposed to use meter is for it to HIT people", but when that armored EX knocks you out of your comfort zone you bet I want a breaker available. I once read "the fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Either way, the ad hominem on this thread is ridiculous. I'll vouch for Reptile_8417 as, in fact, knowing how to play reptile (despite Muffin's claim).

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Most of these "tourny" players actually are a step behind some of the players, they are NOT the best.
Lol... Not saying you aren't good, but you are blind if you believe that the tourny players are not the best. And to say "most" are a step behind... lol...