What's new

Convenient Tech for Wakeup/Anti-Air

Scenario A: Opponent is jumping in on you.
Opponent isn't retarded, and he is expecting you to Ex-Parry or Parry. You parry. He jumps in, waits, and fullcombo punishes.
Of course there is the standing 1 anti air, but it's a bit fishy.

If you see the opponent jump in on you, you can bangport, he will be lifted substantially higher than a standing opponent being hit by a bangport, when you come on the other side, jump back kick and dive kick. 20% Ex-Dive kick = 27%

When to do this: If you want a guaranteed anti-air and don't want to risk getting blown up on the parry. Standing 1 is also an option.

Scenario B: The more useful scenario. Opponent is jumping in on you after you've been knocked down.
Same as last time, you can't anti air jab, and you don't want to risk not parrying or be chip raped by a Johnny, so you can:
Bangport, wait a little, Jump Back KickxxDiveKick: 20% ExDiveKick = 27%.

If for some reason you were on the left side of your opponent with his back to the wall, and you bangported, and were close enough,
you could BangPort, 34,34,33xxSlide: 35%
The only way I see this last one happening is if you were playing a Cyrax or some character that leaps with a wakeup attack and you were pressuring him on the corner, and if you wanted to make a good read you did this to him. Or if an opponent attempts to jump out of your JIP21xxFreeze, 211+2, NJP, 211+2, 34 (43%) hard-drop combo, followed by a backup, shortbomb. If the opponent attempted to jump out, you could catch them with this. Done it a few times, not to strict on timing. Although, if they are too low, I simply did Bangport, 34, 33xxSlide for 29%

In short, you can use this for a standing anti-air instead of risking a parry or standing 1 (The standing 1 into NJP is ridiculously hard to time and must be commited to), to avoid wakeup pressure on people who jump in (since there are situations where the opponent likes to jump in to avoid slide, simply to pressure, natural jump habits, or does not want to take chip from your wakeup slide, or for an addition to your corner harddrop shortbomb setup. Although the last is unlikely, it just opens up more options for your Cyber.

Another meterless addition: Yes, as an anti-air, you can: 1,NJP,U4xxSlide (26%, Bomb Cancel 20%, Difficult for consistency and timing), 1, 211+2, B22xxSlide (24%, Bomb Cancel 20%, relatively easy.) So in a standing situation, it would be much smarter to do these instead of wasting your meter, however, if you're on the ground, and you can't do a standing one...well, there's the Bangport. Also, if your opponent does not jump in, and you falsely read the jump, but still catch the opponent with a bangport, you can do a well timed D3xxSlide, for 16%. I do this for people who put me on corner pressure occasionally if I don't want to risk the slide.

Well, Cyber Sub has a pretty decent reach distance with his 1.
I was thinking about 11, to compensate for online lag, but haven't had much time in practice.
Of course, there is the J360 (How the fuck does he do it EVERY TIME T_T ) uppercut into a slide D: