What's new

Controller Preferences Which Do You Use?

Which do you prefer for fighting games?

• Total voters

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
When it comes to fighting games what does the majority of the community prefer to use? (Just Curious)

Also is there any point in using a Fightpad like the one below or is it just a novelty?

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
When it comes to fighting games what does the majority of the community prefer to use? (Just Curious)

Also is there any point in using a Fightpad like the one below or is it just a novelty?

I use a controller just like that. Seems durable. Been using it ~1 year without issues. All my Xbox controllers have a joystick issue where I'll keep jumping or moving around. Once I put a tiny bit of tape on the plastic next to the right trigger to keep it from moving up or down, it works great. It would get caught on the plastic there before that.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I use pad, works fine for MK9/IGAU.

I actually like that fightpad thing. I've never seen that. I imagine I would like that more than I like using a PS3 controller for SSF4. Unfortunately I bought a cheap fightstick but it has the MK layout, so I really don't like using it.

RoosterFuel

Chicken Drugs
I like to use the ps3 controller for mk and the madcatz fightpad for igau. the madcatz dpad is excellent for using bane and characters who have dbf motions in their moves. the fat buttons are also nice.

TheRFG

Noob
Injustice Fight Stick for me. Works great, no problems at all. I had a fight pad with the micro-switches similar to the photo you postes, and my forward button started sticking from dashing around in MK all day. Before that, regular xbox controller, dpad sucks

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
I like to use the ps3 controller for mk and the madcatz fightpad for igau. the madcatz dpad is excellent for using bane and characters who have dbf motions in their moves. the fat buttons are also nice.
Really? I'll look into that because Lobo's toss is a dbf input.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I used that before I started using a stick and it was great IMO. I'm using the injustice stick and an eight arc fusion stick currently.

I like that pad though and i still have it. The SFxT ones are like $20 on Amazon.