What's new

Question Controller/execution question

Snaaaake

Noob
Hello, new guy here. I've been lurking these forums for some time and finally decided to join. The tym community seems awesome, so I hope you can put up with my newbie questions :)

I've decided to take MK a bit more seriously, so I'm thinking about buying a fight stick. I tried to search, but I still have a lot of questions about this, and since this is a costly investment (at least for me) I have to make sure I won't regret it. So here I go:
Does the fight stick really make execution easier (Kabal's ndc and iagb especially)? Does it also complicate some moves?
Is it actually possible to play every character perfectly with a standard controller?
I've used keyboards (PC of course) and dualshocks my entire life, is the transition hard? Did you guys have trouble adapting?

I'd be really really grateful if anyone can help me. Thanks.

REO plays pad and is the #1 Kabal player.

I would recommend the SxT fightpad by madcatz though. Its kind of smallish but you get used to it.

You can play every character with a controller easy. Try to borrow a friends stick and dedicate a solid month to it, thats what I did, was more like a waste of time for me though personally, lol.

It's all a matter of preference, my friend. If you are playing kabal on a dualshock, i recommend you switch block to the other r button. It will help you out incredibly.
Yes you can play every character at a mastery level on pad.
If you want the best controller for your execution, i recommend you a hitbox

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Every character in MK can be played at the highest level on a standard ps3/ps2 pad. If you are comfortable with a pad then stick with it because from what I've heard a stick has a learning curve. And by the time you are doing basic things on a stick you could be improving a lot more on a pad.

Snaaaake

Noob
Many thanks for the quick replies! Looks like I'm going to stick with my good ol' DS3 after all. About the madcatz fightpad tough, one last question. I don't really understand the difference between fightpads and a standard controller. What's special about them?
I'll also try switching the block button by the way, let's see how that works out.

Quick question about the fight pads.....does anyone now if they r work for both consoles? or do need to have one for each specific console? I wanna start entering in local tournaments....so that's why i'm asking...and i use the cross tekken fightpad (ps3)

hellbly

Noob
Quick question about the fight pads.....does anyone now if they r work for both consoles? or do need to have one for each specific console? I wanna start entering in local tournaments....so that's why i'm asking...and i use the cross tekken fightpad (ps3)
a ps3 pad doesn't work on a xbox, and viceversa, but you can buy an adapter