What's new

Contradictions.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Here is the contradiction.

The bombs are not allowed to freeze because it prevents ''glitches & infinities'' yet, you cannot double freeze after a bomb, or ice ball, you cannot set up an ice bomb trap from an ice ball combo, with these rules, there can be no ''Infinities'', it is not possible, without using the :u:bk trap, which breaks NRS's own rules. ''You are not allowed to drop ice bombs after Ice Ball or Ice bomb combos''

YES, you can lock the opponent down in open play, IF you force them to guess from open play, and they get it wrong from open play, for example, Jump punching an opponent out of the air, and landing a :l:bp:bp into long bomb, then the opponent has to guess, for example, they choose to roll back and jump, or stand still and maybe not deal with your possible JIP (if you choose to use it), you can only force the opponent to MAKE A READ, and there is nothing wrong or ''Infinite/Glitchy'' about that. This is the main focus of Cyrax's play style, and it is a palette swap move.

There will however be set ups from Ice balls and from Ice bombs, as long as we have :u:bk into bombs.

With this, the bombs should never be allowed the freeze as doing :u:bk into bombs, breaks the rules NRS set for themselves, and even though they wont make ''Buffs'' or what i call in this case ''Fixes'', NRS wont even get rid of something :)u:bk:r:r:fk) that they deem to risky to add to him...a complete contradiction.

---
SUMMARY:
How can NRS not allow CSZ to drop bombs after ice ball juggle combos from strings, such as :fp:fp:bp, (keep in mind that they wouldn't even freeze if you could) as not being able to do this ''will prevent glitches/infinities'' yet allow a trap such as :u:bk? this string in-particular works around the rules set by NRS and puts the opponent in a far worse position than anything else he could possibly do.

FIX:
Allow the bombs to freeze, allow bombs from strings after ice balls, and get rid of stringing bombs from :u:bk.

Ether

Noob
U4 bomb technically is not an exploit.

It works because the U4 grounds the enemy, ending the combo. You're cancelling into bomb AFTER ending the combo.

I think.

UsedForGlue

It works because the U4 grounds the enemy, ending the combo. You're cancelling into bomb AFTER ending the combo.

I think.
The issue is, this string :)u:bk) goes against the reasons that they won't update him with the ability to string bombs from ice ball combos, Yet they won't remove this possibility - :)u:bk:r:r:fk)

That is the contradiction.

UsedForGlue

In addition to the CSZ: NOTHING, post about the patch notes,

Cyber Sub cannot even dash forward or backward into :d:fk consistently, and is one of the only players in the game that cannot be in control of this simple command, and basic right, so weather you like it or not, that is a massive problem, bombs need remapped, and what is NRS going to do about it ''Nothing''.

And do not tell me you don't need to use :d:fk, don't come near me with that trash.

xTac

Noob
Ether said:

I think.
I thought about this but i dont think its the case.

If you can connect SLIDE before the opponent hits the ground, then bombs should not come out as well, since any special will start at the same time once you cancel UP4. So it should still be considered "in the combo" when you cancel into the bombs.

Thats what it seems to me... i may be wrong.

UsedForGlue

I thought about this but i dont think its the case.

If you can connect SLIDE before the opponent hits the ground, then bombs should not come out as well, since any special will start at the same time once you cancel UP4. So it should still be considered "in the combo" when you cancel into the bombs.

Thats what it seems to me... i may be wrong.
You can connect a slide into the :u:bk before the opponent hits the ground, but try not to get the issue confused, do not focus on what that string does to your opponent stagger state, that is irrelevant, what is relevant is that it allows you to drop bombs over an opponent after an ice ball juggle combo, yet he cannot do it legitimately with any other string, as it is suppose to prevent ''Glitches/Infinite/Unfair set ups'', but they will not remove the one they currently have. And :u:bk into bombs was never intended. Thats the problem, i really hope people can start to understand this and not get the problem confused.

xxvic1ousxx

Awake and Dreaming...

I think.
Yeah, I feel this is what happens as well. There are other characters that have strings and/or normals that ground your opponent this way. They all end the combo the instant your opponent hits the ground. I think C. Sub-Zero's is the only one that's cancel-able, though.

In any case, this isn't the issue UsedForGlue is pointing out. Whether or not this is a glitch, is a different argument.

NRS doesn't want C. Sub-Zero to be able to legitimately cancel into bombs within a string in which he's already frozen his opponent, for fear of the possibility of it becoming too powerful.

The problem is, he can already accomplish this with up :u:bk.

UsedForGlue is suggesting they either intentionally give him the option, or take it away altogether. Preferably, the former.