What's new

Console Wars, Injustice 2 edition.

Which console should be the tournament standard for Injustice 2?

• XBone

Votes: 22 16.2%
  • PS4

Votes: 114 83.8%

• Total voters
Hey all. In the past some games were designed on a certain system then ported to the other major console. A good example of this is Street Fighter 4. It ran better on the 360. The PS3 version dropped frames, had increased input lag and strange interactions. The 360 ended up being the tournament standard. It is likely that we will not know this until the game is released and players discover issues with a specific issue. I can't recall a DEV every commenting on something like this.

For injustice 1, the 360 was the standard of play. I cannot fully recall the reasons why. Tournament TOs decision, game play reasons et cetera. Personally I preferred 360 over ps3. The game ran smoother and the online experience was better than ps3. Another factor was probably TO preference given UMVC3 and SF4 were played on 360.

I think the games will likely be of equivalent quality on either system so ultimately it will come down to player preference/TO preference.

Which console should be the tournament standard for injustice and why?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I've heard alot of people say for both MK9 and Injustice that certain stages lag and drop frames on PS3. I know for sure that playing MK9 on PS3 Hell stage I've felt lag offline, and never felt that for 360 before. Not sure if next gen has similar issues

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I've heard alot of people say for both MK9 and Injustice that certain stages lag and drop frames on PS3. I know for sure that playing MK9 on PS3 Hell stage I've felt lag offline, and never felt that for 360 before. Not sure if next gen has similar issues
They generally don't. There weren't really any reported issues for XB1 MKX compared to PS4. Just the tourney standard is PS4 since most fighting games coming out are PS4/PC.

E

Eldriken

I'm pretty sure the PS4 will be the standard. The reasons why have already been mentioned above.

Reactions: jmt

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Nah we wouldn't want the FGC to be noticed as a competitive community by the major PC parts manufacturers and therefor receive endorsements just like MOST of the competitive scenes out there.
Also why would anyone want to be able to use their preferred input device to play their game without the use of expensive converters and adapters.
#FUCKPC#:DOGE4PRESIDENT

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I have MKX on both Xbox Juan and PS4 and honestly I can't tell that much of a difference. Maybe it's just me though. I think XBL > PSN though usually, but the connection has been pretty consistent to me between both platforms. The PS4 d-pad is literally fucking ebola. Like I can use the PS4 pad on Uncharted, Battlefield, basically any game that doesn't require constant use of the d-pad the PS4 pad is great BUT for MKX, nah fuck off. Xbox pad is actually really good for MKX imo.

But none of that matters, it's possible to play on whatever pad, I'll just never pass up a chance to bitch about the PS4 pad. I'd say make PS4 the standard due to the much larger player base that the Xbox One, especially for fighting games. MKX is more or less dead on Xbox, keeping PS4 as the standard would be best because the more inclusive to the most people the better.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
I haven't seen or heard about the PS4 having a major difference in terms if performance from XBone, other than having like I think it was rated as 1/8 of a frame more input delay, so I feel like it makes the most sense with more fighting games available on the platform. I'm only on XBone for KI, and my friends honestly.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Well it's like this

Mk9/inj way better on Xbox
Mk9/inj was garbage on Ps3 imo. Dropped frames especially mk9

PS4 is way better for inj/mkxl

But in reality the standard system is gonna be which ever company gives $100,000 to esl ala 2015 Microsoft twice then PS4 for s3

In summary: PS4 and xbone will be required for tournament players looking to cover all bases

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
The reason that 360 was standard was because the PS3 architecture wasn't as dev-friendly as the 360 one so you'd get lower resolution, framerate drops, and bugs not seen on the 360. The PS4 and XBO are essentially the same except the XBO has a better chance for lower resolution/frame rate drops but differences in frame drops are infrequent in most recent titles. That said it's gonna be PS4 unless a sponsor says otherwise as PS4 houses more fighters than XBO and are likely in more FGC hands than XBO.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Controller-wise, I would choose the PS4 ones, because I can play smoothly with this. I tried in the past the XBOX ones, but I couldn't play with it, because the D-pad is at the place, where the PS4 movement lever would be. This is the problem, because I can't reach to it due of my small hands and feels a bit weird.

Console-wise, I would stick with PC, because it exceeds the advantages of the consoles at that point. You can fix your picture to play the game smoothly, as it was presented in the MKXL Beta with the PC Video Settings. This helps not only with the framerate, but, also, with the smooth gameplay and its online game without any lag issues (except of the fucking distance). I only look at the technical part to see which can hold up any game, so PC>PS4>X1>Switch.

Game-wise, most games have made it now to PS4 and PC (see Tekken and Guilty Gears Xrd Revelator). X1 is in second destiny now.